arrgh

United States

#1 May 2, 2010
Has anyone heard about the news reports of abuse at Rescare? It supposedly involved duct taping a resident and leaving her in a car. I was told it was on CNN. Please tell me this is just a rumor. Anyone know anything about it?
Ralphie

United States

#2 May 2, 2010
arrgh wrote:
Has anyone heard about the news reports of abuse at Rescare? It supposedly involved duct taping a resident and leaving her in a car. I was told it was on CNN. Please tell me this is just a rumor. Anyone know anything about it?
It was just one guy that did it in Charleston. I'm not condoning the terrible behavior, just hoping people don't blame Rescare for one idiot's behavior.
arrgh

United States

#3 May 2, 2010
So it really happened? It makes me sick. A friend of mine has family in Rescare and it upset me just thinking about it. I just hope the workers and management at Sville aren't like that. They have such a high turnover there.
1 post removed
Ralphie

Summersville, WV

#5 May 6, 2010
Co co wrote:
I hope that isn't true. I used to work there. And I miss working with them a lot.
It had nothing to do with summersville or Rescare either. Just one idiot in charleston.
Crystal

United States

#6 May 10, 2010
arrgh wrote:
So it really happened? It makes me sick. A friend of mine has family in Rescare and it upset me just thinking about it. I just hope the workers and management at Sville aren't like that. They have such a high turnover there.
I work at the Summersville ResCare and I assure u no one there is in anyway abusive to any of our guys.
BFK

Summersville, WV

#7 May 29, 2015
Crystal wrote:
<quoted text>I work at the Summersville ResCare and I assure u no one there is in anyway abusive to any of our guys.
HA! when a 20 year woman or man with no more qulifactions than a high school diploma or GED and a drivers license is given lord and reign over elderly men and women, when they can scream at a 50+ woman about a cup of coffee or yell at a 50+ year old man that's half crippled because they have some mobility and neurological issues. THAT is abuse. The fact the people that work there still don't understand that speaks volumes about the culture the permeates that place.
When you're out about in the community and you see that big white van full of staff and consumers just sitting in a parking lot for 30 minutes at the park without purpose while staff smoke. THAT is abuse.
Dan

Saint Albans, WV

#8 May 30, 2015
I completely agree, BFK. I worked at summersville rescare for years. The way upper management expects the staff to treat the clients is ridiculous and considered abuse in my eyes. I loved all of the clients very much and constantly got write ups because I would sneak the clients extra food...the meals they get there aren't big enough to feed a bird. Those clients are way too special to be treated the way they are. They became my best friends, and they deserve to live a happy life, not be controlled and basically starved to death. It's a shame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 9 min Why 4,190
Coleman girls embezzlement charges 3 hr Jackie 17
Anyone know where to get a fidget spinner in su... 17 hr Just bought 6
walmart mission (May '15) 21 hr Angelbaby 4
Shooting in Nettie Sun Friend 62
Trump The Russian Puppet Is Going Down Sun Nasty Boy 47
I think im being poisoned (Jul '13) Sat Nancy 131

Summersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance