First Prev
of 3
Next Last
WellWellWell

United States

#1 Nov 27, 2012
http://dailymail.com/News/statenews/201211270...
I thought coal was dead if Obama and Tomblin won the election? Guess that was all a bunch of hooey spread by Republicans to brainwash the idiots. From all the rants I saw before the election it worked. The foolish are so easily fooled.
Citizen

United States

#2 Nov 27, 2012
Maybe people will finally wake up and stop listening to Fox entertainment and do some of their own research. The Republican party will say anything to get elected, regardless of if it is true or not. This is just another example of Republican lies exposed. Pay attention and remember and you wont be so easily fooled the next election.
Oh that is the good stuff

Ardsley, NY

#3 Nov 27, 2012
Anyone notice Dr Mudd and Bug Ridge haven't been on here today? Bahahahaha because truth speaks! Bet he feels like an idiot! That should shut him up for a while "young grasshopper"
1 post removed
Oh that is the good stuff

Ardsley, NY

#5 Nov 27, 2012
AGREED wrote:
<quoted text>"They" haven't had time for local topix because "they" are busy arguing with all the folks on the Beckley topix since no one around here will give them the arguments that they so desire!
Oh is that what "they" are up to? Lol I love it!!! What an idiot he is! He prob argues with every topix there is in each city. He claims he runs a business at home yet he lives on topix and off welfare probably. That's why he is such an Obama supporter. I'm sure he's got his Obama phone too and food stamps.

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#6 Nov 27, 2012
LOL!!!!!!Such fools you all are....shut me up.....HAHAA!

You little girls are hilarious over here in summersville wetting your pants because a few hundred miners across 3 different states are getting called back due to the fact that Jim Justice stumbled across a few orders of coal to fulfill? You surely arent serious about your huge celebration over THAT are you?
The facts still remain te same as before just as they have every year that passes, and that is we are relying on coal less and less each and every year. You can look that up anywhere you want and you will never come up with any info that contrdicts that fact. And you wont here that on fox news either.
Ole jim justice will work ya to death, stick some big money in his pockets, and drop you like trash like you wasnt even supposed to be there to begin with. Jim and ole Don Blankenship are very similar characters n the world of business. Jims still fighting legal battles of his own in court over not paying subcontractors in time for work done at the Greenbrier.

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

#7 Nov 27, 2012
Actually not for failing to pay them on time, but for refusing to pay at all. With the way he spends money, he's managed to figure out a way to get some coal orders so he can fatten his own wallet to keep up with his spending.Once he's got this covered and delivered, your gonna get dropped on your can again. Today is a fine example of coal being feast or famine. One day you might have a job and the next day its gone no matter how good you are at it or long you have been doing it, you still remain nothing to the coal barrons. And to think you could slave your life away coughing up all that dust for a coal barron who will play with your own jobs in order to force his political agenda out into the public at election time while letting you sit at home not knowing if you will have a christmas or not is about as sad and worthless as you can get in trying to be a good stewart of an industry such as coal.

This whole thing of few hundred miners across three states getting some jobs back doesnt change a thing about he realities of coal. When ya see coal start producing at least 50% of our electricity again, coal fired power plants opening back up after shutting down,cancellation of a whole slew of other coal plants that are still scheduled to shut down,the sudden halt to marcellus natural gas production, a change in the EPAs regulations making it easier,the decline in renewable energy production and its advancements moving forward,,,,,,,then get back to me and you just MIGHT have something to actually celebrate. You simple minded, brain-washed cave people are fukin hilarious

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

#8 Nov 27, 2012
Here is another prediction for ya folks, and you need to remember this one.

You will eventually see that Mr.Justice and ole Don Blankenship are in on this whole thing of calling men back together. In the long run it aint gonna turn out good for you guys either. Your witnessing politicking still being carried out by these two men. Jim knows that he needs to make you guys feel like he cares about jobs when in actualitiy, he's managed to strike a small deal with AEP that will last about a year. Don knows his face cant be trusted in the public like he was before. Next thing you will see is a picture in the news of Don Blankenship and Jim Justice sitting on a beach in Maui sippin drinks just like Don did with a political figure just a few years back.......remember?
You people are just like robots without a brain.....Wind you up, point you in the direction somebody wants you to go, and then walk right off the cliff without a clue.....LOL!
Get back to me i about a year andsee if ya still feel the same as you do today. This ought to be good.

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

#9 Nov 27, 2012
I sure as hell am glad that politics and an agenda cant make or break me and my family. I know my business and job at hand cant be brought down nearly as easily as yours

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

#10 Nov 27, 2012
Oh that is the good stuff wrote:
Anyone notice Dr Mudd and Bug Ridge haven't been on here today? Bahahahaha because truth speaks! Bet he feels like an idiot! That should shut him up for a while "young grasshopper"
LOL!!!Hey little grasshopper, i was working while your wide rear was sitting at home on topix 24/7 looking to see where i was at and waiting on your little black hubby to make it back home from keepin the lights on.....LOL!!!! What a joke!

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

#11 Nov 27, 2012
AGREED wrote:
<quoted text>"They" haven't had time for local topix because "they" are busy arguing with all the folks on the Beckley topix since no one around here will give them the arguments that they so desire!
Oh quit yer cryin.... but kleenex loves you.

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

#12 Nov 27, 2012
Oh that is the good stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh is that what "they" are up to? Lol I love it!!! What an idiot he is! He prob argues with every topix there is in each city. He claims he runs a business at home yet he lives on topix and off welfare probably. That's why he is such an Obama supporter. I'm sure he's got his Obama phone too and food stamps.
I just hope your ignorant and far off into left field assumptions make your little sleepy head rest better at night. As long as you can keep yourself smiling with your own inaccurate thoughts.....you'll be just fine young grasshopper.
Skweek

United States

#13 Nov 27, 2012
You do realize that coal is not a renewable resource. Once it is gone it is gone. West Virginia cannot rely on coal forever. That is something I have known since I was a little girl. This state is dying because the smart ones get out of here right after high school and don't come back and the majority of the ones who have no future stick around. Name 10 different jobs outside of mining, retail and food industries that are actually worth having in the state of WV. Even the state jobs are a joke to have because they don't pay nearly enough to make ends meet. Face it whether you want to or not WV is dying. It is dying more and more everyday and the sooner everyone realizes it the better. Tourism is dying out in WV as well it is only a matter of time before there will be nothing left. I left WV a long time ago and I won't go back. I was born and raised in Fayette County, I go back to visit once in a blue moon but that is it. I got out of the dying state when I went off to college. Yes, college and not no little community college. I went to a small private college in KY that only accepts a total of 500 students a year. It is time to move away from coal and mature as a state not remain in the dark ages until there is nothing left in WV but a few gas stations, a Wal-mart and a single doctor from Iraq with 5,000 retirees. Coal is going to be the death of WV no matter what way you look at it, whether it is in the next 5 years or in 50 when there is no more coal.

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

#14 Nov 27, 2012
Tourism dying in WEST VIRGINIA???????? LOL!!!Geez lady, you better back up and try that one again. Tourism is taking over THIS state, and especially after all these ATV trails moved in. You better go check your tourism facts on this state out a little better. You completely missed with that swing.

Now the natural gas drilling and producing has moved in and let me tell ya, its creating quite few jobs,burns cleaner than coal and is a whole lot cheaper. WV is being held back by coal. We have the resources to do more than what we are. More than most any other states. We just gotta wait for these neanderthal thinking coal jockeys and pro coal politicians die off so the new forward thinking generation can pull it all back together again.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#15 Nov 28, 2012
What forward thinking generation? We are all moving out of state because we know it's almost dead. The young generation that are still there are too busy having sex and having kids to care.

The only time tourism does anything in southern WV is when it's rafting season. From October to April there is NOTHING and I mean nothing. 4wheeler trails aren't going doing crap for WV. Drive up to Wal-mart and count how many cars are there from out of state right now. You will be lucky to find 10. With MTR and mass logging occurring the natural beauty of the state is vanishing. Take a look at the Ansted side crossing the New River Gorge. YOU CAN SEE THE LOGGING TRAILS. Sure there may be stuff upstate but there is NOTHING in the southern part of the state.

You wanna know something, if tourism is taking over WV WHERE THE HECK IS EVERYBODY AT FROM OCTOBER TO APRIL? CAUSE IT SURE AS HECK ISN'T IN WV.
1 post removed
Loser

Branchland, WV

#17 Nov 28, 2012
Skweek wrote:
You do realize that coal is not a renewable resource. Once it is gone it is gone. West Virginia cannot rely on coal forever. That is something I have known since I was a little girl. This state is dying because the smart ones get out of here right after high school and don't come back and the majority of the ones who have no future stick around. Name 10 different jobs outside of mining, retail and food industries that are actually worth having in the state of WV. Even the state jobs are a joke to have because they don't pay nearly enough to make ends meet. Face it whether you want to or not WV is dying. It is dying more and more everyday and the sooner everyone realizes it the better. Tourism is dying out in WV as well it is only a matter of time before there will be nothing left. I left WV a long time ago and I won't go back. I was born and raised in Fayette County, I go back to visit once in a blue moon but that is it. I got out of the dying state when I went off to college. Yes, college and not no little community college. I went to a small private college in KY that only accepts a total of 500 students a year. It is time to move away from coal and mature as a state not remain in the dark ages until there is nothing left in WV but a few gas stations, a Wal-mart and a single doctor from Iraq with 5,000 retirees. Coal is going to be the death of WV no matter what way you look at it, whether it is in the next 5 years or in 50 when there is no more coal.
I have done well here I work in the timber industry

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

#18 Nov 28, 2012
Whatta Jerk wrote:
<quoted text>You crazy nut! You must lay awake at night, that is if you can drag yourself to bed from your computer, because it is 5:30 in the morning and you had to be up at 2 and 3 o'clock posting your garbage! Oh, I'll bet you up running your business from home, that's it! What a joker! You are one sick and twisted human being, if you can even call yourself that! You care for no one else but self. Sounds like through your rants a detection of jealousy can be detected. Afraid someone might better themselves better than you?
Your feel-good assumptions are incorrect as all usually are. When i posted this morning, i had just gotten back home from work sherlock, try again.
There is nothing there to be jealous of.But as long as your petty little assumptions make you sleep good at night,then thats cool. LOL

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#19 Nov 28, 2012
Nope, Bug still here ... Watchin & Laughing .. Justice & Blankenship gonna get their turn with another bunch of hungry miners, didn't torn out too well before.
1 post removed

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

#21 Nov 28, 2012
From the Governor’s Desk: A weekly column by Governor Earl Ray Tomblin

West Virginia’s natural beauty is breath taking. From our rolling mountains and beautiful rivers to our lush forests and abundant wildlife, our state offers outdoor enthusiasts spectacular opportunities for adventure. For many, there is no better way to explore West Virginia than from the seat of an all-terrain-vehicle, known to most as an ATV or 4-wheeler.

Tourists flock to West Virginia year after year to explore nature’s wonders through our ever popular ATV trail systems. The Burning Rock Development in Raleigh County and the Hatfield-McCoy trail that travels through many of our southern counties are growing in popularity. Plans are already underway to expand the Hatfield-McCoy trail from the current five counties into three additional counties.

The economic growth of areas surrounding ATV trails has been encouraging with many businesses opening as residents and entrepreneurs welcome ATV riders. According to the Division of Tourism, ATV enthusiasts travel from approximately forty states and several foreign countries each year to enjoy the ATV excursions in West Virginia. In 2008 alone, ATV enthusiasts contributed $359 million to our economy. As business continues to grow in trail areas, more is needed—especially lodging. With an increasing number of visitors during summer months and the growth of ATV tourism over the past eleven years, it is understandable why such need for lodging exists.

When visitors explore our grand mountains, they will often take a break from the physical excursion of ATV riding and enjoy the local culture. Whether through traditional festivals and museums, or merely a few hours of browsing through West Virginia’s main street shops, the experiences our visitors have often lead them to plan another trip. The booking of adventurous vacations year after year is a tribute to all West Virginians. Our friendly people and family-oriented way of living provides a warm welcome to all visitors.

Whether you’re exploring some of West Virginia’s finest trails or navigating your own land, it is important look out for one another. That is why strict rules are enforced for riders of all ages. While ATV’s are fun, precautions must be taken to ensure a safe experience. It is extremely important to adhere to proper care, maintenance, and operational guidelines of ATV’s.

The West Virginia Department of Transportation and the Governor’s Highway Safety Program’s ATV Safety Awareness Program offer important, and simple to follow tips. For example, to maintain control of your ATV, make sure your thumb reaches the emergency (kill) switch and the first joint of you middle finger should extend past the brake lever. These tips and more can be found at www.atvsafety.org .

This season, as you prepare to ride your ATV down mountainous trails and enjoy the vistas and views West Virginia has to offer, make sure safety comes first. Share the trail with your neighbors and visitors for they are helping diversify our economy and expand our hometowns one adventurous excursion at a time.

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#22 Nov 28, 2012
Skweek wrote:
You gonna get a BAD name talkin like that on here ... LOL
1 post removed

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

#24 Nov 28, 2012
Whatta Jerk wrote:
You "2" idiots would be a whole lot less annoying if you would just spread your BS by phone! Of course, the only reason you live is to aggrevate people. Whatta a waste of air and time!
Stop reading, stop crying, keep ignoring, and you wont waste your own air and time. Silence would be your best virtue. Your not doing a very good job at ignoring .LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good divorce lawyer? 2 hr dean martin 2
Ray Bradford 10 hr Nicol 14
Srmc ha 13 hr Slim Shady 59
hot motherinlaw 13 hr Men are from mars 5
misty acree (Feb '11) 14 hr Wtf 23
Summersville Lake Beach 17 hr Ana May 16
Elizabeth Ann McKinney Clayton/Mylie Moore Free... (Dec '15) 20 hr Correcter 17

Summersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance