United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

Judged:

Used to be the "nice" resturaunt everyone went to in town on the weekends. Then Bob Evans moved in....then Applebee's and its just kind of faded into being what it is now: the Summersville Nursing Home Cafeteria.
Yuck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

And it needs a good cleaning. I used to love going there, but when you really start looking in the nooks and cranny/windowsills....nasty. I miss going there
Researcher

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Judged:

It hasn't "gone bad" it's "been bad"! I haven't ate there for about 5 or 6 years now. Nasty!!! The current owners need to go ahead and retire and let someone new take over. I don't think they care anymore.
The only good shoneys left is in Lewisburg, on 219.
Bob Evans in Summersville is getting just as bad anymore. I stopped eating there too.
critic

Summersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Judged:

The Shoney's in Quincy is the best. Lots more on the bar and seafood night is 10 times better.
YES

Craigsville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Judged:

It has been going down hill even faster in the last year or two. If I want spaghetti or boiled hot dogs I will make them myself! Serve something good on the lunch buffet and people would come!
hmmmmmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

There is never any management there when we have eaten of an evening, only on seafood night, I guess that is to make sure people don't share the seafood bar. LOL! The employees seem to run it. Yes, I agree. It needs lots of improvements!
Darth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Judged:

Well, I rank the ones around here from best to worst as:

1. Flatwoods
2. Oak Hill
3. Summersville
4. Beckley
agreed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Yuck wrote:
And it needs a good cleaning. I used to love going there, but when you really start looking in the nooks and cranny/windowsills....nasty. I miss going there
a local cleaning service offered them a great deal on a top to botton cleaning they said it was not needed...
yuck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Darth wrote:
Well, I rank the ones around here from best to worst as:
1. Flatwoods
2. Oak Hill
3. Summersville
4. Beckley
oak hills is very nasty and needs a big facelift
patron

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Judged:

The one in Oak Hill is very clean. Good food, great staff, fresh salad bar.
i know

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Judged:

Our family used to eat there often. However the quality has wen down hill. Hair in the food,dirty tables and dishes. NOT TO MENTION THE BELLY ACHES.....
Out of Towner

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

I don't know if any of you here are aware, the same family owns the one in Flatwoods, as here in Summersville. I know the originial owner Inez passed away. She had a daughter Patty and a son. We used to talk to Patty here, but maybe she is in Flatwoods. Maybe they have sold the Resturant to new owners. But if any of you go to the Flatwoods store. I would comment to someone in managment, how bad it is in Summersville. By the way I ate in the Lewisburg Shoneys tonight. Pretty darn good.
Ooooh My Tummy Hurts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Judged:

i know wrote:
Our family used to eat there often. However the quality has wen down hill. Hair in the food,dirty tables and dishes. NOT TO MENTION THE BELLY ACHES.....
Glad you said "belly aches". Now I know what it is from. I've always said it was the salad bar. Is it true that they put a preservative on the lettuce, etc. If so, I'd say that's the culprit. Just a thought.
whoops

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Judged:

Oak Hill shoney's is the best..
Attention everyone

Summersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

There is not a damn thing wrong with our shoney's. We try to keep it clean but certain dumb ass immature ass holes who come in and make a big mess while we are busy spoil the experience to for all the other customers. I have worked there for over 10 years now and yes our business has gone down but its mostly beacause of the increase on compotition We ALWAYS try to keep the place as safe and sanitary as humanly posible. I am sorry If you had a bad experience at our story but Please let me assure you that your next visit will be greatly improved!
Baby growing up

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

My sons favorite Place to eat is Shoneys in Summersville He could live on there mashed potatoes and gravy,never had a belly ache, and believe me he has eaten his share of potatoes there, they are all very nice to us,especially the manager, Please dont bash them, I think they do a good job.
Yeah

Larchmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

They have sex offenders working there.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

whoops wrote:
Oak Hill shoney's is the best..
I agree, Ive never had bad food there.
applequeens

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

It beats the hell out of our store.... Love their breakfastbar and bbq bar !!!!
nc bei

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

This shoneys is the worst shoneys around the area. Go try the one at oak hill, lewisburg, or quincy. They all have fresher food, more choices, better quality and better desserts. This shoneys needs improvement. It is sanitary and all but they need to work on things.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of88
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

52 Users are viewing the Summersville Forum right now

Search the Summersville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 4 min Funny Funny 51,631
Search Crews Looking For Possible Drowning Vict... 1 hr Just Wonderin 96
Roger 11 hr Corrupt Politicians 8
Hey did you see me in the paper 12 hr i read the papers 2
Roger has his hand out again 13 hr the watcher 1
Missing Dog 13 hr Frank Groves 23
so called public servants 16 hr haha 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Summersville Jobs

•••