First Prev
of 6
Next Last
pissed off

United States

#1 May 6, 2010
I would like to get some opinins on the calls that are called in to the child protective service just for spite or for revenge when there is not a problem. Not only are you causing problems for parents that love their children and take good care of them but you are also taking presious time away from a very important agency... When you call in something that is not truth to CPS they still have to investigate and they could be saving a childs life that really needs their help instead of wasting valuable time on the families that dont
i agree

United States

#2 May 6, 2010
I think that people who call cps when here isnt a need to are chicken $hits to scared to take it up with the person they are mad at so they have to call cps and get the kids involved? such a low blow,I think people who do that should have to give their name and after its looked into and nothing is wrong they should be prosecuted.....bottom line.....its lying to a goverment worker so why shouldnt it be a felony,noone should have the power to mess with anyones life like that esp when their children are loved and taken care of.....
just wanted to say

United States

#3 May 8, 2010
I agree it happen to me and my family we were drug through the court system for two years but the courts nor cps would listen to us they had to find out we were telling the truth this can destroy families .
1 post removed
just saying

Webster Springs, WV

#5 May 8, 2010
That is pretty crumby out of people who do that and thats right if they have a problem with the parents do not make the kids suffer.
But all the while I do like the fact they are doing their jobs and protecting our kids to the best of their ability.
Its nice to know that someone is out there is looking out for our kids.
Yes I would be bothered with it and yes a little embarrassed but still kids come first.
Heck they can bunk up with us if they want, i know my kids are safe and sound.
just sayin

United States

#6 May 10, 2010
No cps call is a bs call..there has to be some reason
Been there

United States

#7 May 10, 2010
Oh really? Well I had a family member and her friend call CPS on me because my family member was pissed off because I called her friend a fake. It was reported that I fed my kids molded food and that me and my spouse were alcoholics. Well CPS went to the school, pulled my kids out of class, and proceeded to interrogate my kids. Then they came to my house and went about doing a thorough search of my home. I was told there was no basis for the call. And they left. No apologies no nothing. My kids were so paranoid after that they wouldn't talk to nobody. And these kids are outgoing. In the meantime my family member and her fake ass friend were going around bragging about the call and how funny it was to here about how everyone was upset. My thoughts are they should have to give name and address and if it is false they should be prosecuted.
pissed off

United States

#8 May 11, 2010
I agree with alot of the things that everyone has said... I do think that it is good that they check out all reports but I am not attacking the cps with this I was talking about people calling cps just to try to get revenge on the parents.. My children are very well taken care of and we are very close, But just like (been there) has stated when there is a problem with the parents dont drag the children into it. when something like this happens and there is no truth to it then it still is an imbarressment to the whole family to have to deal with this...I think that we have a amazing cps department and i am glad that they are doing their jobs but the people that are making these false reports are doing nothing more than slandering these innocent familys for whatever reason and i beleive that if someone reports you and it was completely false they should have some kind of retaliation and not be allowed to do that to someone elses family just for a laugh or revenge. Not only does it hurt the family at hand but also takes away preious time from the cps that could save a childs life.
had them called

New York, NY

#9 May 11, 2010
growing up I had cps called on my mom& (dying) father twice. All because my mother had nicely asked them to keep their dogs on their property. It is bullshit, the 1st they did that to me&my brother I was 9&he was 4. When they came in asking if my father beat me and my mom didn't feed me, it made me cry, because I knew it wasn't true. The second time was my mine and my brothers first week of school me as a senior in high school and his as his first day in middle school. That time since I was older I wanted to do something about it, guess what there is nothing you can do if someone files false alagations like that. But, I did mannage to have it taken off record. Because at the point my dad was dead and that made it even more wrong. Once something like that happens to you, you never forget it. I believe that is one of the worst things you can do to a person because even though I had it taken off record, it still comes up in my mothers bacckground check (had a cop friend look it up) cps can save a kids life but think about all the time and resources they waste on people just being jerks. Cps is for kids not being fed, being raped, beaten and otherwise. Not for kids who've had absouteley everythinngg they can possibily get!
Bob

Midland, GA

#10 May 11, 2010
If CPS pulls your kid out of the classroom, and then wants to come to your home, get yourself a video camera and video every move and every thing they say in your house. I can not tell you how many military families have cps called on them every year, just because they are outsiders in a small community. I know this family that the husband was deployed and someone called cps on the family! Nothing was found, they went away. This family lives in my neighborhood, for cps to get to their house they had to pass the ghetto where hoodrat bastards childeren are standing in the middle of the street in a dirty diaper, ribs sticking out and momma is on the porch sucking on the business end of a crack pipe. With budget short falls all across the United States, they won't be able to take all cases anymore, just the real cases.
pissed off

United States

#11 May 13, 2010
well my husband and I live right by a camp ground and there was a man that was accused of 1 degree sexual assualt on his 7 yr old daughter camping there we have known of the family for a long time and my husband and some others from the neighborhood went to the campsite and told him that he needed to find somewhere else to camp because we didnt want him around all the kids in out neighborhood including ours... less than a week later cps was called on me they went to my daughters school and interveiwed her she is just 4 and in preschool.. we are really close so in turn she came home and told me. THe next day i called the school and they told me it was cps... I was devestated I know that I take good care of my kids and that there was nothing to worry about but It is the pure embarresment of the whole situation...I love my kids and they are my world. I beleive that people that make these kind of referals should have to give names and be swarn by some kind of law to tell the truth...this is taking alot of time from the cps that could be saving some innocent child from a life of hell....you cant make false statements to get welfare benifits but you can take time that could be used to save a child life ... what is the world coming to...
had them called

United States

#12 May 13, 2010
pissed off wrote:
well my husband and I live right by a camp ground and there was a man that was accused of 1 degree sexual assualt on his 7 yr old daughter camping there we have known of the family for a long time and my husband and some others from the neighborhood went to the campsite and told him that he needed to find somewhere else to camp because we didnt want him around all the kids in out neighborhood including ours... less than a week later cps was called on me they went to my daughters school and interveiwed her she is just 4 and in preschool.. we are really close so in turn she came home and told me. THe next day i called the school and they told me it was cps... I was devestated I know that I take good care of my kids and that there was nothing to worry about but It is the pure embarresment of the whole situation...I love my kids and they are my world. I beleive that people that make these kind of referals should have to give names and be swarn by some kind of law to tell the truth...this is taking alot of time from the cps that could be saving some innocent child from a life of hell....you cant make false statements to get welfare benifits but you can take time that could be used to save a child life ... what is the world coming to...
You can have it expunged from the record. You can find out who called, just depending on the CPS worker. When it happened to my family, my mother called and found out who did. But, we had other problems with those people.
WRONG

Newark, NJ

#13 May 13, 2010
just sayin wrote:
You are surely clueless then!! You have divorces going on and the spouse that lost custody will get revenge as long as you have the child they will try to make your life a living hell!!! Personally I think any anonomous callers should have to start giving a name! You have neighbors that could dislike you and be jealous what you have and they don't! You got kids who fight then the other parent will get revenge and make false calls!! etc,etc,etc... These are just a few to stop and think about before you think their is Always a Reason!!!!
loves summersville

Rupert, WV

#14 May 15, 2010
just sayin wrote:
I agree with you, surely there is a reason if cps is being called on you! cps does not always do thier jobs though. plenty of times they talk to kids or visit homes and say that they see nothing when in fact kids are being abused or starved or some type of abuse. we've all seen it on the news and in the papers. but then cps says that the kids or the case just slipped through the cracks! yeah right, it's because they didn't do the thier jobs. i know personally some one who has had cps called on them several time for legitimate reasons concerning serveral types of abuse, and cps warned these people that they were going to be coming, and of course cps found nothing to the allegations. well duh! when you give warning of course everthing looks ok, it's what goes on behind closed doors where no one sees what really matters, and it's just whether or not you catch the bad people, you need proof! there are unfortunately way too many kids in this world that are suffering, and it needs to stop!!!!!
bullshit sumersville

United States

#15 May 15, 2010
Well cps has been called on me a few times and over the dumbest things like me putting makeup on my child in which was only lip gloss someone called over that amd thats so stupid and further more as i think this town would be so much better if people would quit being about drama and lies and mind there own business the only reason CPS should be called is if a child is in a very dangerous enviorment like sexualabuse,beating,drugs,thoe s are the most important ones the rest is just stupid shit i mean if people are mad at you the need to take it up with you and leave the kids out of it they have nothing to do with the problem and ya know if they would actually stop and use there mind and think CALLING CPS ONLY MAKES THINGS WORSE ON THEM CUZ SOONER OR LATER WE WILL FIND OUT WHO IT WAS THAT CALLED YA KNOW COME ON THIS IS A SMALL TOWN LOL BUT YA KNOW PEOPLE WILL NEVER LEARN.....THEY ARE LIKE 40 AND HAVE A MIND OF A 13 YEAR OLD!!!!!!!!!! BUT I THINK CPS IS SOOO STUPID IF THEY BELIVE ALL THE CALLES THEY GET I MEAN COME ON!!!!!!!!!!
Been there

United States

#16 May 15, 2010
Well to add insult to injury I called about a job I applied for and was informed I didn't qualify. I am in healthcare. After a little digging I was told there was something on my background check. A little more digging it had to do with a CPS situation. I told them it was a bunch of bunk. Also I informed them that it was unsubstantiated. I called CPS immediately and was informed by the head honcho that even though it was bullshit and nothing was found that it stays on my record for 30 years. So when a potential employer calls it says that I was investigated. I asked if there was anything I could do about it considering it has now hurt my career. The lady said no but since it was unsubstantiated that any employer could disregard it. Now tell me what healthcare facility would overlook it since they have to worry about abuse as it is. I am consulting an attorney this coming week to see what I can do to change this. I went to college and it is ridiculous that I can no longer work in that field because I have an immature relative and her friend who had nothing better to do but to start drama. I intend to sue for damages if I can. Maybe if more people would sue then maybe there would be fewer false claims. And before someone makes the comment that they had a reason. I will tell you this the family member had not been to my house in over 3 years and her fake ass friend has never stepped foot in my house but in the report it was said they were there and had seen moldy food being fed to my children. My kids laughed in CPS face and asked if they looked dumb enough to eat such a thing. So believe me sometimes there is no reason for the calls except some immature troublemakers.
I agree

United States

#17 May 17, 2010
loves summersville wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you, surely there is a reason if cps is being called on you! cps does not always do thier jobs though. plenty of times they talk to kids or visit homes and say that they see nothing when in fact kids are being abused or starved or some type of abuse. we've all seen it on the news and in the papers. but then cps says that the kids or the case just slipped through the cracks! yeah right, it's because they didn't do the thier jobs. i know personally some one who has had cps called on them several time for legitimate reasons concerning serveral types of abuse, and cps warned these people that they were going to be coming, and of course cps found nothing to the allegations. well duh! when you give warning of course everthing looks ok, it's what goes on behind closed doors where no one sees what really matters, and it's just whether or not you catch the bad people, you need proof! there are unfortunately way too many kids in this world that are suffering, and it needs to stop!!!!!
I completely agree with you I know of the exact same situation. It is sad that more people do not understand this. I do agree that it is very sad when people call out of revenge, but you just never really know what is going on, the only problem I have with people giving their names is some people get scared that someone will find out and if it is a violent situation then they worry about their own families saftey, then you will get less people calling when the children really need their help. As far as what "been there" said, I have never heard of it staying on a record for 30 yrs when it was unsubstantiated, I think they should do some more checking into that situation, but it is sad that it would effect someone's job, but in the same turn what you think is right and what someone else thinks is two different things, so maybe it is no one's buisness on how people raise their children but whomever calls may just not feel that a person is raising them the same way they would, but isn't that just what CPS makes a judgement call on also? I am sorry for everyone this has happened too and would hope it never happens to me, but I also would be a little grateful that someone is looking out for my family enough to make sure my child is safe, but then again I have nothing to worry about if they were called to my house, so maybe that is why I feel the way that I do.
Been there

Ossining, NY

#18 May 17, 2010
I also have nothing to worry about. It is the fact that these false calls remain on your record for 30 damn years!!! It has ruined my career. And I did check it out. If you people don't believe it call cps yourself and find out.
Someone Just Called on Me

Sacramento, CA

#19 May 20, 2010
I am all for calling when there is real abuse, but someone from my son's school, a parent I think, just called on me because she said I was embarrassing my son by holding out his clothes that he had peed in for all the students to see. They were soaking wet and I was holding them as I asked for a bag from the teacher and she was getting it. She also stated I looked mad. Apparently you can't look upset as a parent. My son has been recently intentionally peeing himself, it was not an accident, even the teacher said he stood up in front of everyone and did it. He is in preschool. It is a ridiculous charge that is now on my record for nothing that even resembles abuse because some parent was self-righteous about whatever they thought I should be looking and doing at that moment. I guess, assuming that he had accidentally peed himself and I had no right to look upset.
umwell

United States

#20 May 20, 2010
I provided this girl a place to live for over 3years. The whole time she was stealing presciption medication and money from me, gotta Love heather
Disgusted

United States

#21 May 20, 2010
I'm not saying that I condone calling CPS for revenge, but you people seriously think that a person who calls CPS when there is nothing found should be prosecuted? Who would ever call and protect kids seen in public with suspicious bruises if you thought you'd be thrown in jail if it turned out the family dog knocked the kid over? Having to give your name and being held liable for SUSPICIONS of abuse is rediculous! I work with the public and have persoanlly called after seeing a mother hurt her kid over junk food. I'll spare the details since the mother came back to my place of work and threatened me over it. She even lied to my face about what I saw her to do the kid. I SAW her hurt that kid and she said she had done nothing wrong. Should I have gone to jail for that? Nope, but I think she should've (but didn't).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US Cellular Store 4 hr try this 3
Rue 21 6 hr smack em n the face 14
What went down at srmc 13 hr uhm 53
pregnant 19 hr amused 15
Red Riding Hood Thu Seer 1
Shoneys Thu Flintstone Fartcop 8
Bill Cosby Coming to Summersville Arena Thu clintjones 14
Summersville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web