First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Level 2

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1 Apr 3, 2011
There is so much information to be read by weekly publishings of the Chronicle. However, there are daily, hourly or even by the minute postings here on Topix. Which one these gossip collums do you think has the most accurate information? Please comment...
alice

United States

#2 Apr 3, 2011
Hmm. Topix isn't 100% true. But the Chronicle doesn't even have relevant issues. It's all trash propaganda for those in town that think they are awesome. Puke!

Tough choice! ;)
Avid Reader

Bluefield, WV

#3 Apr 4, 2011
At least if the Chronicle has a misprint it does correct it. If the same is done on topix, there is rarely an apology, but more like the public takes it and runs with it, adding to and subtracting from their supposed information. Even if someone makes a decent comment, by the end of the conversation some troublemaker has trashed it and made the decent person look bad. People can't even have normal discussions on here without someone arguing and getting irate. The Chronicle would definitely be the best bet by far.
Chronicle reader

Charleston, WV

#4 Apr 4, 2011
I buy the Chronicle for one purpose. I buy the Chronicle to read the CHRIST CENTERED MESSAGE.

If the columnist that writes that message had an online message I would read it on line.

I assume he could start a new topic on here for his article, but I am sure some people on here would only attack his ministry.
really

Charleston, WV

#5 Apr 4, 2011
i buy it now and then to make sure i have plenty of stuff to help build fires in the winter..... the last newspaper in the county that printed relevant news was the News Leader
1 post removed
Blondie

Little Valley, NY

#7 Apr 5, 2011
The Chronicle is a joke. It's become nothing more than an ads publication w/ a few old news stories, or features that focus on the Sville elite. To the editors, it's all about selling ad space and making as much money as possible. They don't see that the quality of the end product; is basically a glorified piece of crap. Mr. Yeager was the best editor the paper ever had. I buy it to read the obits and police reports.
breeze1234

United States

#8 Apr 6, 2011
Love the Topix great to read the trash talking. If a person complains about someone talking trash on them they must be trash. Got to love white men they will sell each other for a dollar family or not. Especially you dum West virginia grade school educated rednecks.
Please

Princeton, WV

#9 Apr 6, 2011
Believe you just called yourself trash, cause you're doing some trash talking on here just like other ones do, by calling people trash that are on here, topix (and just where are you?), talking about white men and rednecks? Looks like you need to think before you type because I do believe you just incriminated yourself! LOL!
reader

Summersville, WV

#10 Apr 6, 2011
Chronicle reader wrote:
I buy the Chronicle for one purpose. I buy the Chronicle to read the CHRIST CENTERED MESSAGE.
If the columnist that writes that message had an online message I would read it on line.
I assume he could start a new topic on here for his article, but I am sure some people on here would only attack his ministry.
Yes, they might attack his ministry so just leave it in the paper where they can just ignore it and turn the page.
Chronicle reader

Charleston, WV

#11 Apr 6, 2011
reader wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, they might attack his ministry so just leave it in the paper where they can just ignore it and turn the page.
May the Lord have mercy on your soul! I will pray that He has mercy on you-I love you with the live of Christ!
Level 2

Location hidden

#12 Apr 7, 2011
Chronicle reader wrote:
<quoted text>
May the Lord have mercy on your soul! I will pray that He has mercy on you-I love you with the live of Christ!
Lol, you will never see that in the Chronicle! The Chronicle IS A JOKE!!! With topix, you can hear more than just one side of the story and more details. This is why topix is so popular in our county. I'm sure that with every topic there may be some comments or even lies that readers do not agree with, but at least on here, you are able to voice your opinion as oppose to the Chronicle, which only prints what "the editors" would like for you to read.
Blondie

United States

#13 Apr 7, 2011
hahayesisaidit wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, you will never see that in the Chronicle! The Chronicle IS A JOKE!!! With topix, you can hear more than just one side of the story and more details. This is why topix is so popular in our county. I'm sure that with every topic there may be some comments or even lies that readers do not agree with, but at least on here, you are able to voice your opinion as oppose to the Chronicle, which only prints what "the editors" would like for you to read.
You've got that right about the Chronicle...They only publish the news they think we need to know, while stories of break-ins are covered up, as that would reflect badly on the city officals, or the chamber of commerce, etc. Basically they publish propaganda pablum for the masses...and since they are they only paper in the county, there is a huge void regarding reliable local news. That's probably the main reason Topix has a following, not to mention all the trash talk and gossip.
South Bend

Summersville, WV

#14 Apr 8, 2011
The articles in the paper written by Perry Man ,or Mann whatever , just get on my nerves. He is an atheist.
really

Washington, WV

#15 Apr 9, 2011
Anyone saw that new paper called "BUSTED" yet? It covers Nicholas County and is funny as it can be. I found them at Johnson's gun shop in the big lots mall next to mattress mart, but aren't sure where else they're sold
United We Stand

Wayne, WV

#16 Apr 9, 2011
The Nicholas Chronicle wants to sell newspapers. Anyone can publish an ad in it for the right amount of money. Good news and bad news sells. For instance the Magistrates Office publishes court cases and the Sheriff's Department publishes drug bust information, etc... to try and gain the uneducated(lack of knowledge of the criminal justice system) publics confidence so they, to include, prosecutors can get more votes to be re-elected. WHY DON'T THEY PUBLISH THE DISPOSITIONS OF ALL THESE CASES? They only want you to know one side of the story. Just because these cases are published in the paper doesn't mean these folks are guilty. Innocent until proven guilty, right? Maybe that is why people are exonerrated from death row, prison, and why charges are dismissed and or why law enforcement officers do not show up to court dates. If a prosecuting attorney cannot coerce you or your attorney into making a deal or waiving your constitutional rights by pleading nolo contendre or no contest, why not recommend the law enforcement officer to not show up and the case will be dismissed. It is like a big poker game and they wont fold until they make a deal with your attorney or until the court date when the cop fails to show up. Do you think that RPOSECUTING ATTORNEYS have something to do with the cops not showing up to court? No one wants to be charged, sued or disbarred for a false arrest or conviction. Topix is free and you can get both sides of the story. There is always two sides to every story. Just because someone tells their story on this free site doesn't mean that it isn't true. Think outside the box and open your minds folks. God Bless America. Divided We Fall
Level 2

Location hidden

#17 Apr 9, 2011
So true, so very true!!!

Level 2

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#18 Apr 10, 2011
United We Stand wrote:
Topix is free and you can get both sides of the story. There is always two sides to every story. Just because someone tells their story on this free site doesn't mean that it isn't true.
It doesnt mean it is true either. Topix has zero accountability. Anyone can get on topix and say anything they want...true or not.

Level 2

Location hidden

#19 Apr 10, 2011
hahayesisaidit wrote:
<quoted text>
With topix, you can hear more than just one side of the story and more details. This is why topix is so popular in our county. I'm sure that with every topic there may be some comments or even lies
Yes. Plenty of lies. and the "sides" of the story may be totally incorrect. People have many agendas on topix.

Reader beware.
Level 2

Location hidden

#20 Apr 10, 2011
I'm sure by now, most have heard about the tragic accident that happened at Tractor Bar last night. Let's wait and see what the Chronicle has to print. Then review the comments that have been posted on several other threads in regards to this story... I wonder if Steve Brown makes the front page of the Chronicle??? Doubtful...

Level 2

Location hidden

#21 Apr 10, 2011
I do NOT agree with the stand the Chronicle takes on many things, but topix is gossip, and the Chronicle is not. There is a difference.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More Coalminer Layoffs 5 hr Poppy 15
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 7 hr Bug 1,292
srmc is a joke 14 hr Nurse Betty 33
Screw A Veteran This Weekend 19 hr Lt Dan 25
donna boggs with nicholas co cps and linda call... (Aug '15) Sun the necessary evil 12
anyone know april evans (Jan '12) Sat Patrick 41
aleigha auxier May 28 Richwood 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Summersville Mortgages