quadruple murder case Belknap was inv...

quadruple murder case Belknap was involved in.

Posted in the Summersville Forum

wondering

United States

#1 Jan 26, 2013
What is going on with the quadruple case? James Belknap pleading not guilty .
Watchman

Capon Bridge, WV

#2 Jan 27, 2013
wondering wrote:
What is going on with the quadruple case? James Belknap pleading not guilty .
So far pleading not guilty, scheduled for trial.
wondering

United States

#3 Jan 27, 2013
What's he trying to pull pleading not guilty?
BSB

United States

#4 Jan 28, 2013
Pleading not guilty gives you time to explore your options and seek legal counsel. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE, PLEAD NOT GUILTY. The judge will set a later court date for you to appear. This provides time for you to speak with one of our attorneys. This also provides time to deal with individual circumstances and finding possible defenses. Pleading not guilty does not have any impact on the final outcome of your case, it simply moves your case back to a later date so you have time to seek counsel. Many students call and ask,“Why should I plead not guilty if I know I’m guilty? Isn’t that lying to the court?” No. You are simply having your case moved to a later date so you have time to seek help.
TIRED OF THE BS

Hansford, WV

#5 Jan 28, 2013
Maybe he should have called an attorney for advice before he murdered people. Maybe if he would have thought about the consequences, he would not be going to trial. There is no defense for murdering children, plain and simple. He should have sought help long before he took another human being's life. And yet, he gets to do all this, wonder if he gave a second hoot before he pulled the trigger four times? Doubt it......... So fed up with all the killings that take place on a daily basis.
Dipwad

Martinsburg, WV

#6 Jan 28, 2013
You go to arraignment and if You don't have an attorney the judge won't give you trial unless you are representing yourself!
willy the kid

Woodbine, GA

#7 May 22, 2013
I took a trip up there to look for land for sale.Although i did not find land i did meet james.We had a long conversation at least 2 hours.he was very polite and smart.little did i know he was capable of murder.and 2 weeks after we met he was wanted for murder.I am sorry for the victims family and his as well but like father like son so they say.
Just a Shame

Ridgeview, WV

#8 May 23, 2013
There's a write up regarding this case in this weeks Chronicle. The trial is scheduled for August 13, and a pre-trial hearing has been set for July 18.

I wouldn't be shocked if some evidence isn't allowed in court due to mismanagement and technicalities. They are already disputing signed consent forms by Mrs. Belknap for searches of the property..."signatures appeared to be different". Also, the DNA evidence is presently being tested (even though this quadruple murder occurred just about a year ago.)

This is going to be a three-ring circus!
Yep

United States

#9 May 23, 2013
willy the kid wrote:
I took a trip up there to look for land for sale.Although i did not find land i did meet james.We had a long conversation at least 2 hours.he was very polite and smart.little did i know he was capable of murder.and 2 weeks after we met he was wanted for murder.I am sorry for the victims family and his as well but like father like son so they say.
He was very intelligent in school and very polite, but you could tell as he got older that he was a little disturbed if you were around him for any length of time, but I never thought he would do. something like this...my heart aches for those babies
funny

United States

#10 May 26, 2013
1.he should pay 4x the maximum.2. Pay 3x or death penalty ( old times) way for those precious babies
citizen

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#11 May 26, 2013
1. I wouldn't won't to be on the jury, 2. Be careful what you say about him. 3. I knew him pretty good it blew me away thinking about what happened, he was a smart kid in school mad the A B grades, 3. I feel so bad for what the families are having to deal with. 4. I will be saying a special prayer for the family during this time.
Jobroni

Bluefield, WV

#12 May 26, 2013
This is America. Let the baby killer have his due process and then we can lynch the sob

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NCHS basketball 4 hr Dud Coach 11
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 5 hr UTrashy 1,487
Write in????? 5 hr Voter 41
Big weiners 17 hr Lustful 9
Girl at sheetz 20 hr Summersville 4
Srmc ha Thu Jamie 137
Front Thu greg 2

Summersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance