United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

The more posts that get removed the guiltier one looks...just sayin.
1 post removed
Albert Einstein

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

She disappear before my eyes part 3:... If she disappeared before your eyes, are you sure you weren't having optical illusions? Lol
only n sunnersville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Why does a topix moderatior not come forward and explain their reason for deleting threads dealing with a paticular drug crime in Summersville? Who are they getting their orders from Feds, magistrate, judge, mayor , state senator,or attorney representing the accused.

This is supposed to be a site where folks can discuss local matters, gather news, and discuss current events.
1 post removed
D F Gage

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Hope the attorney general has his investigation complete soon from these libelous rumors that are being posted by anonymous posters. Not anonymous to the investigators though.
1 post removed
Not true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

D F Gage wrote:
Hope the attorney general has his investigation complete soon from these libelous rumors that are being posted by anonymous posters. Not anonymous to the investigators though.
Sorrry but AG office does not conduct investigations into anonymous discussion concerning whether a crime has been committed by a former public official. People in Summersville are not as dumb as you may think, the truth will come out. Our legal system was designed to treat everyone equal, that does not seem to be the case with this one.

AG office handles mostly handles legal matters impacting the state, and consumer protection.... Your scare tactics are unfounded, free speech still lives and citizens have a right to know when a possible crime has been committed.
Just Wondering Why

Craigsville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Hey does anyone in S'ville have a pound of pot for personal use if so you don't have to worry about the law you get a "get out jail free card "
1 post removed
Hello

Craigsville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

I heard other people in higher places may be involved. Time will with the FBI investigating !
D F Gage

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Oh Good Grief wrote:
<quoted text>Scare tactics to get folks to shut up???? Don't really see any names, just the "events" that have happened or should we say, haven't happened.
I have nothing to lose. You do. The attorney general can indeed investigate crimes on the internet, including libel and cyber bullying.. If you feel confident he cannot, keep posting.
3 posts removed
Get Media Involved

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Nothing like some "media attention" to bring the "heat"!

Also, if these allegations surface to be true, keep all of this in mind come next election!
1 post removed
Snow Day

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

DF Gage is assuming he knows who everyone is talking about. It is not cyber bullying if you don't name someone. Doofus.
What ever

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Who u know.
Snow Day

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Oh yea, but I don't see how it is slanderous or cyber bullying if you leave it for assumption. Just makes them look more guilty.
1 post removed
D F Gage

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Snow Day wrote:
DF Gage is assuming he knows who everyone is talking about. It is not cyber bullying if you don't name someone. Doofus.
several of the posts being investigated named a specific person.
1 post removed
lol

Summersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

D F Gage wrote:
<quoted text>Here is a classic example.
PUH-LEEZE.

Show off your cereal box JD where it might actually impress people.

It has taken the wheels of justice years to investigate and sue Wall Street barons for almost bankrupting the country.

Yet you can magically get IP subpoenas and John Doe lawsuits filed in a matter of hours? Over a low level government employee?

This even assumes that the libel benchmark has been met. Hint: it hasn't.

Why don't you smell what you're shoveling?

“Pro Union - Enviro Vigilante”

Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Craigsville , WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

lol wrote:
<quoted text>PUH-LEEZE.

Show off your cereal box JD where it might actually impress people.

It has taken the wheels of justice years to investigate and sue Wall Street barons for almost bankrupting the country.

Yet you can magically get IP subpoenas and John Doe lawsuits filed in a matter of hours? Over a low level government employee?

This even assumes that the libel benchmark has been met. Hint: it hasn't.

Why don't you smell what you're shoveling?
It's also my understanding of the cyber crimes laws .. " that before legal punitive action can be taken against anyone one that is suspected to have committed such crimes, that suspected person must be contacted thru legal documents showing the alleged crimes & penalties & THIS IS IMPORTANT .. The legal documents must contain a statement of WARNING to the suspect that if they do not " cease & decist " certain cyber crimes ... Then the above referenced legal actions can & will be taken against them.
lol

Summersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

D F Gage wrote:
<quoted text>I have nothing to lose. You do. The attorney general can indeed investigate crimes on the internet, including libel and cyber bullying.. If you feel confident he cannot, keep posting.
Why don't you tell us the last time the AG prosecuted someone for criminal libel, Mr. Harvard Law.

Oh, that's right. He hasn't. WV doesn't have a statute regarding criminal libel. Freedom of speech and all that. Even the, any prosecuting attorney worth his or her salt won't bother being on the losing side of a fight against the First Amendment. That's why it's a civil matter.

Even in civil litigation, if there's an element of truth to the supposed libelous statement, then there's no case.

Let's lay it for you...

Hotshot lawyer, "Citizen X. Have you ever experimented with drugs?"

Butt hurt Topix user, "Ummmmm..."

Hotshot lawyer, "Remember, Citizen X, there's no Fifth Amendment privilege in civil court, so you must answer the question and answer truthfully."

Butt hurt Topix user, "Well, uh...a few times."

Hotshot lawyer, "Your honor, Citizen X has admitted to partaking in illegal substances thereby acknowledging the basis of the so called libelous statements against her. I respectfully request a motion to dismiss."

I would dumb it down more to get closer to your level, but I'm afraid of heights.
D F Gage

Delbarton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

You didn't mention any names so you are ok for now.
jimmyb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

D F Gage wrote:
You didn't mention any names so you are ok for now.
You are so full of BS. Do appreciate the laughs though.
Level 2

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

We all know who we are referring to, however due to legalities, maybe it is a good idea that we have to be more cautious. This person knows that us "little people" are following the "rumor" so this person (and I'm sure others on her team) are constantly policing Topix. This is why several comments and threads have been deleted regarding a specific name or a reference to. Regardless of this person's past community involvement, we the "little people" need to concentrate on what started this situation and the true issue at hand. These are the comments that should be posted.

“Pro Union - Enviro Vigilante”

Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Craigsville , WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Read Nicholas Chronicle 2-21-13 front page 'Park Board elects new President"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of97
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Summersville Forum right now

Search the Summersville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 9 min bacon hater 53,451
Pam Cline's Easy Way Out 24 min Tim 35
The good wife 1 hr woman 15
coal miners wives 1 hr taxpayer 8
Wal-Mart 8 hr guy 30
Roxanne Hamrick 13 hr dummy 3
Where can I pay my power bill? 13 hr cg 16
•••
•••
•••
•••

Summersville Jobs

•••