Drowning on Summersville Lake

Drowning on Summersville Lake

Posted in the Summersville Forum

Question

Ashburn, VA

#1 Jul 11, 2009
Does any one know who drowned on Summersville Lake Friday July 10, 9009? May God be with the boys family.
howsad

United States

#2 Jul 11, 2009
Ryan Young 16 y.o. from Canvas. God bless the families
Jordan Bennett

United States

#3 Jul 11, 2009
This family is a wonderful family, they are part of my church family. Very sad! God bless them!
Anita Canterbury

Belle, WV

#4 Jul 12, 2009
Who are his parents?
OKI Local

Wilmington, NC

#5 Jul 14, 2009
there are several people in Oak Island NC that seemed to know this kid. Whether they did or not, we are all thinking of this young man's family in this time.
teacher

United States

#6 Aug 7, 2009
I've cried almost every day since I found out. Ryan was a smart, funny, inquisitive, musically talented young man. I still remember the last thing I said to him before school was out. I don't think I'll ever get over this. And I was just his teacher.
keiffer16

United States

#7 Aug 13, 2009
ryan was a close frined of mine i truely miss him the impact of his death changed the way i live mine im srry me and him didnt hang out this sumemr im srry we didnt talk this summer but school wil lforever be different the band hallwyas will foreveer ring the sad tone of a lonsome bass sitting in that band room never played because there was only one bass player that was left handed in that school and it was ryan..... may god rest his soul....a true friend.. a legend and kid u wil lenver forget ryan young
Molly and her mom

Prestonsburg, KY

#8 Aug 20, 2009
HEY JORDAN......... This is me and MOLLY....guess who.. Now think about it.. By the way, how is your baby girl........ox
keiffer16

United States

#9 Aug 23, 2009
hey um u mean me im jordan i have no idea who u r um i dont realy wana chat here this is kinda a very touchy hurty kinda place i lost a frined um if u wana email me fune jus dont keep commenetin me here maybe one more but noe more please im [email protected]
Arby

United States

#10 Aug 30, 2009
We loved Ryan. He & My son were also very good friends. He has been to my house tons of times, went camping with us & was an all around great kid. He is missed by all, he touched many lives & hearts. His 17th Birthday is coming up, so remember his mom & family during this time. We will all have them in our thoughts & prayers as we do everyday.
never forgoten

United States

#11 Oct 17, 2009
ryan we miss ya bud
never forgoten

United States

#12 Jan 2, 2010
ryan we stil lmiss ya bud not a day goes by that we dont think about u or miss u we all wish u could jus come back to us but the sad truth is we al knwo its never gunan happen we miss ya bud rest easy
Miss ya man

United States

#13 Jan 4, 2010
We miss ya dude. Don't know what we'll do without you.
mom and your sister

Hillsboro, WV

#14 Jan 20, 2010
We will always love you and miss you. Not a day goes by that we don't think about you. You are the best son any mother could ask for. Life is truly different without your smiling face. You will live in our hearts forever.
so if ur thinkin

United States

#15 May 18, 2010
last saturday was hard we had a choir concert . one of the songs was dedicated to ryan and it almsot brought us all to tears. ryan we miss u
never forgoten

United States

#16 Jul 8, 2010
A year has went by since ryan has passed away. We all still think of him and miss him today will be hard and will be remeberd. i dont think a day goes by that we ont think of things or hear things that remind us of him. i know that everytime i see a lefty bass i cant help to think of him. im hoping and praying that he is in a better world a place of peace happyness and music. ryan we miss u . rest easy friend rest easy.......
lmfao

United States

#17 Jul 12, 2010
r.I.p ryan
u think

Summersville, WV

#18 Oct 1, 2010
today would make ryans 18 birthday it hurts to know he wolnt see it that he will never graduate from NCHS that he will never go to his senior prom that he will never get his diploma that he will never walk across the stage and most importantly that he wolnt continue his life like he had planned for. none of us planned for this tragic event im sorry that i didnt spend more time with him and hang out more often. ryan one day i hope we will see each other again
Grand Toreno

Daniels, WV

#19 Nov 11, 2010
God B with his mom and sister!!!! My heart goes out to his family, very good people!!!! It has been over a year, but the pain i see n his families eyes is still so fresh! My prayer is comfort and peace n the FACT U will B with him again!!!!
Arby

United States

#20 Nov 12, 2010
Ryan is missed just as much today as he was the day we found out about his passing. He loved playing bass so every time I hear the Thunder Roar, I always imagine him sitting up there at the Throne of God playing a tune or 2. When it rains I imagine that is everyone crying because Ryan quit playing & they want an encore.
He is missed by so many. Not a days go by that I do not think of him.
I am a mom with a son the same age. Ryan & Him were very good friends. I have had a lot of these kids in my home & love each & everyone of them as though they are my own.
Ryan, I know that you will never know that I am writing this, but we do miss you, miss your laugh, your smile & just your presence around us, but we know that God needed a special Angel so he took you home.
Until we meet again, you keep on rockin' & we love & miss you.

Mary & family,
If there is anything you need or just would like to talk, I am here. God Bless & Keep you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jr evans cheating and sleeping with evwrything ... 9 min DLR 2
Hospital 1 hr Frank the tank 6
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 5 hr RSM 4,084
how do you get rid of a freeloader?????????? 6 hr Smoke 9
Poll does wv have mountain lions? (Jun '12) 8 hr Darrell 468
Just wondering 11 hr Braxton Co 1
Jordan Hogan (Dec '10) 23 hr Cornbread 5

Summersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance