nichlos county high school band

Posted in the Summersville Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
mom

United States

#1 Nov 10, 2009
i think every one should know that we really have a great band an they should be reconized for the very hard work they do they preform in the rain cold an extreme heat an still are great so hats off to the band the cheerleaders an all that are involved good work
Proud NCHS Band Mom

United States

#2 Nov 11, 2009
I agree with you. What a good group of kids we are blessed to have in the band. These kids along with Mr. Akers and Mr. Paff really need to be recognized. The loyalty, dedication, PRIDE, and performance of these folks is something we don't see to often anymore. GREAT JOB!
majorettes

Morgantown, WV

#3 Nov 11, 2009
I think the band does a wonderful job, however I believe there should be weight limits for the majorettes. Some are a little to heavy to be in those uniforms!
Correction

United States

#4 Nov 11, 2009
The correct spelling in Nicholas County High School Band but thats ok I love your comment. I do agree with you.
well

Chesterfield, MO

#5 Nov 11, 2009
Who is the feature twiler?
mom

United States

#6 Nov 12, 2009
sorry it is NICHOLAS
hit the wrong key lol
you know

Summersville, WV

#7 Nov 12, 2009
well wrote:
Who is the feature twiler?
amber mccutchen, shes so sweet!
well

Chesterfield, MO

#8 Nov 12, 2009
She is really good.
1 post removed
Correction

United States

#10 Nov 13, 2009
Well, how nasty you are. I totally disagree with you. I know a whole bunch of people who also disagree with you. Mr. Akers has totally put the NCHS band back on track. And we need to give Mr. Paff a pat on the back as well. These two men really care about these kids and the kids have the highest respect for them as well. You should be ashamed of yourself for even posting such a thing. Please, if you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything at all. If for no other reason then think of the kids who may be reading this nasty stuff. SHAME ON YOU!
Country_Girl

Lewisburg, WV

#11 Nov 13, 2009
majorettes wrote:
I think the band does a wonderful job, however I believe there should be weight limits for the majorettes. Some are a little to heavy to be in those uniforms!
Weight limits you ignorant a$$, maybe they should change the uniforms!
Band Kid

Advent, WV

#12 Nov 13, 2009
Only if wrote:
If we only had a better band director other than fat a$$ Roger Akers we'd be even better. No one likes him! He's an a$$ and his wife is a fat bitc* I can't stand him!
I am sorry you feel that way, if you think you can do better please come on by and show us. He has taken the band from 18 kids to 80, they have been first place in several competitions, taken 1st place in parade band for three years at the Black Walnut festival, recieved three Superior Ratings at Spring Festival, supported what has become a very successful majorette line, and nominated by the GOVERNOR to represent WV in the NATIONAL INDEPENDANCE DAY PARADE. Yeah, if you can do better, come on down.
band geek

Summersville, WV

#13 Nov 13, 2009
Band Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry you feel that way, if you think you can do better please come on by and show us. He has taken the band from 18 kids to 80, they have been first place in several competitions, taken 1st place in parade band for three years at the Black Walnut festival, recieved three Superior Ratings at Spring Festival, supported what has become a very successful majorette line, and nominated by the GOVERNOR to represent WV in the NATIONAL INDEPENDANCE DAY PARADE. Yeah, if you can do better, come on down.
i agree, akers has done more than enough for us. I think i speak for the band when i say mr. akers is the best thing thats happened to the band. i dont care if you dont think we are up to par with other bands or that we could be soo much better without him. You obviously have know idea what you are talking about. so instead of being so rude and calling names why dont you thank him for being there for all the kids. without him the NCHS marching grizzlies would be nothing.
kite

Summersville, WV

#14 Nov 13, 2009
Only if wrote:
If we only had a better band director other than fat a$$ Roger Akers we'd be even better. No one likes him! He's an a$$ and his wife is a fat bitc* I can't stand him!
YOU are so rude and a coward you should be ashamed of yourself because IM ashamed for you i hope you get what YOU have comimg to you. that was not very nice .you should thank of the kid's feeling it's must be you'r child is a bitc that is like you and start's trouble in his class just like you YOU TROUBLE MENTAL CASE.
Only if

Oakland, MD

#15 Nov 13, 2009
I love Mr. Paff. He's great. I just wish he could be the high school director. Or even if Mr. Statts came back.(I can't remember how to spell his name) But Mr. Akers didn't do nothing for this band. Is he the one playing...? NO! Is he the one directing...? NO! The drum major does all the work. He just sits on his lazy ass and eats his big macs while the band is working their butts off! I can name a whole LIST of people that do not like that man at all!
ONE Parent

United States

#16 Nov 13, 2009
majorettes wrote:
I think you are a COMPLETE ASS for saying that. And no I don't have ANY kids in HS anymore. It just really gulls me to see something like that. Do you know the Karen Carpenter story??? The media called her chunky at age 16. That echoed in her head and she couldn't let it go. She died at age 32 starved herself to death!!! Beyond that...Why would you not give credit to all the kids for their time and dedication to the band...If some do carry a few extra pounds it's even harder for them. SHAME ON YOU...SHAME ON YOU!!!!!
agree

United States

#17 Nov 13, 2009
Country_Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Weight limits you ignorant a$$, maybe they should change the uniforms!
i agree with that
kite

Summersville, WV

#18 Nov 14, 2009
Mr Akers you are so good for our children.
Mr Akers rocks

United States

#19 Nov 14, 2009
He has taught our kids a lot and seems to really care about them.
mrakers

Summersville, WV

#20 Nov 16, 2009
Mr Akers rocks wrote:
He has taught our kids a lot and seems to really care about them.
I don't know who Mr Akers is or anything about him, but there is no doubt he has greatly improved the band at NCHS. They used to be an embarrassent but now they actually are pretty good.
A Former Band Member

Braddock, PA

#21 Nov 19, 2009
Only if wrote:
I love Mr. Paff. He's great. I just wish he could be the high school director. Or even if Mr. Statts came back.(I can't remember how to spell his name) But Mr. Akers didn't do nothing for this band. Is he the one playing...? NO! Is he the one directing...? NO! The drum major does all the work. He just sits on his lazy ass and eats his big macs while the band is working their butts off! I can name a whole LIST of people that do not like that man at all!
You are completely ridiculous. If you think that a bunch of high school students are the reason that the band is as amazing as it is, then you are sorely mistaken. Yes, the kids play the music and march the show that everyone sees and loves, but who do you think puts in the time to create the show, teach the kids and help the drum majors learn how to take control of the band? Mr. Akers. He is a wonderful man. If you could even fathom the things that he has sacrificed to bring the band up to what it is today, your head would probably explode. You're probably just a snotty little high school kid with a bad attitude and I don't appreciate it. I was a member of his class the first year that he came. I graduated in the first class that had them for the entirety of their high school career. Iíve seen the way that people treat him throughout the years and it absolutely disgusts me. You need to learn how to respect him and everything that he does for you. You donít even realize the time that he puts in outside of your class time. Not to mention all of the high school drama that he has to put up with from little immature children such as yourself. Now, grow up and realize what an impact this man has had on the band and its students. He impacted my life in a way that YOU will certainly never understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is it bad that my gf has slept with 60-70 guys ... 22 min Nancy 8
Northside auto 48 min Resident 5
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 4 hr Tolatenow 4,013
Anyone had any dealings with CPS In Nicholas Co... 8 hr wondering is all 8
Thank God for Trump 12 hr Pmurt 6
Powell Mountain Goat (Apr '16) 14 hr Wv girl 13
Summersville Dairy queen 17 hr Benny 4

Summersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance