John Paul Collins for Sheriff...Reall...
Maybe

Altavista, VA

#123 Apr 11, 2012
mary wrote:
i see collins with danny cook from birch river does this tell the people something they need to know.
Yes it does .. That he is compassionate and doesn't judge a book by its cover. kinda like you are right now.
Oh mary

Altavista, VA

#124 Apr 11, 2012
mary wrote:
His game plan is a ladys man
Mary... Why don't you go take care of your JJ .. Jimmy Johnson. Everyone is aware of your alls issues.
not my vote

Hansford, WV

#125 Apr 11, 2012
I really don't understand how people can vote for someone who hasn't even said what he plans on doing for the county. John Collins hasn't even showed his face at a candidates meeting. That alone shows he isn't that concerned on what the people think of him. All that shows me is a careless kinda attitude, and if he doesn't care now he isn't going to be a very good sheriff.I think David Hopkins would be a much better candidate.
voter

Hansford, WV

#126 Apr 11, 2012
aaa wrote:
if you think collins is going to to change the good ol boys then you are mistaken. he has randy tucker, lyle neal and the bradfords putting up signs. i heard pat justice is even campaigning for him. all four of them are crooks. except tucker is just an idiot. and if they are that good of friends do you not think they will put brandon tucker in as chief deputy. i think brandon had ld classes in school. its common since. it takes a policeman to lead a police force. we only have one policeman running and that is dave hopkins
Boy if u have Pat Justice, campaigning that's saying something...NOT!!!! He is a joke!!!!
True

Charleston, WV

#127 Apr 12, 2012
Now that I will have to agree he is just crazy.....
not voting for him

Culloden, WV

#128 Apr 16, 2012
I'm voting Hopkins!!!
not voting for him

Culloden, WV

#129 Apr 18, 2012
not voting for him wrote:
I'm voting Hopkins!!!
me too!
JP 4 me

Seth, WV

#130 Apr 19, 2012
I'm voting Collins!!!
omg

Princeton, WV

#131 Apr 19, 2012
Is he still dating the blond bitch i still don.t know who i am going to vote for yet she would not want her for lady sheriff side
Voting

United States

#132 Apr 19, 2012
I'm voting Collins. We need someone new, who is not a part of the current network of Good Ole Boys.
Hopkinsalltheway

Martinsburg, WV

#133 Apr 19, 2012
John Collins has no experience. In fact if you check the court records you can see he has had domestics filed against him. Who wants a sheriff who has no experience and one that beats women. NOT ME.
As for Beverage, no way I would vote for him either.
Hopkins is the best choice for Nicholas County. He has the experience and the back ground in law enforcement. He is the only choice for me.
News Flash

Ona, WV

#134 Apr 19, 2012
Voting wrote:
I'm voting Collins. We need someone new, who is not a part of the current network of Good Ole Boys.
Beverage is definately in with the good ole boys network. If you notice he gets a free article/picture in the chronicle every week. I am voting Hopkins he pays for his ads in the paper and you never see him with the good ol boyz.
noticed

Summersville, WV

#135 Apr 19, 2012
News Flash wrote:
<quoted text>Beverage is definately in with the good ole boys network. If you notice he gets a free article/picture in the chronicle every week. I am voting Hopkins he pays for his ads in the paper and you never see him with the good ol boyz.
Yeah I seen the nice in color photo in this week's Chronicle for the DRC. How many running for office and re election made it in that picture lol. Election time propaganda, you've got to love it.
Voter

Racine, WV

#136 Apr 19, 2012
did you see where Beverage gave the Commissioners a $5.000 check,(surplus) Why is it that they keep asking for more money if they have a surplus. It must only be a concidence that they gave the supposedly 5.000 surplus back during a election year. Surely, they wouldn't do that as a election ploy, surely not.

everyone made sure that they got in the picture,
daniel

Princeton, WV

#137 Apr 19, 2012
Enough wrote:
Really come on people he is a TOW TRUCK driver!!!!!And does not know a thing about Law Enforcement
first of all you need to get your facts straight!!!! yes, john collins is a tow truck driver. but he drives one of the many wreckers and recovery vehicles he owns @ collins towing. it is one of, if not the largest tow service in the county. i have had numerous business dealings with john over the last 3 or 4 years, many of which were large amounts for repair work to heavy off road equipment and he is honest and fair and always goes out of his way to do the job correctly. he never cheated on his billing and gave detailed records of expenditures for all monies due him. he is honest in his business dealings and in my book that makes him trustworthy. the key to learning a new job is knowing how to learn and apply yourself to the task. i did not know how to walk and niether did you until you pulled yourself up and tried to learn. give him a chance. i think he will make a good sheriff for us all!!
Fast Learner

Ona, WV

#138 Apr 20, 2012
I have seen no evidence that he is a fast learner. It has been stated on this thread that no one knows his plan if elected. Yet he still has not stated his intentions on here or in the paper. One very important quality of a good sheriff is being a good communicator. I am not sure if Mr collins can even speak because he failed to attend any of the meet the candidate events. If mr collins is elected who will communicate his plan to the deputies while he is learning to speak.
not voting for him

Ridgeview, WV

#139 Apr 20, 2012
Fast Learner wrote:
I have seen no evidence that he is a fast learner. It has been stated on this thread that no one knows his plan if elected. Yet he still has not stated his intentions on here or in the paper. One very important quality of a good sheriff is being a good communicator. I am not sure if Mr collins can even speak because he failed to attend any of the meet the candidate events. If mr collins is elected who will communicate his plan to the deputies while he is learning to speak.
u said it best!!!!
History Teacher

Ona, WV

#140 Apr 20, 2012
If your child was having trouble in history class would you hire a history teacher to tutor her or would you ask your friend who happened to own a towing business.
You are obviously going to vote for John Paul Collins because he is your friend. If you didn't know him and only looked at his life experience you would agree his chances of being a good sheriff are slim.
second

Summersville, WV

#141 Apr 20, 2012
Fast Learner wrote:
I too was waiting and watching for a plan of action from Collins, my vote was to be had but the more time goes by and nothing, well looks like Hopkins will probably get it!
Pugsley

Jersey City, NJ

#142 Apr 20, 2012
I wonder who the majority of the deputies would like to see as sheriff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
moving to OH have free furniture in mt nebo ?? 3 hr Malinda bird 6
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 3 hr Chris 4,201
Karen Goodenow Professional Thief 7 hr Honei 2
Coleman girls embezzlement charges 23 hr Wondering 19
Anyone know where to get a fidget spinner in su... Mon Stupid question 8
walmart mission (May '15) Mon tell all 5
Shooting in Nettie May 21 Friend 62

Summersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance