School Personnel
tax payer

United States

#63 Mar 30, 2011
if holder was not certified when they hired her that is breach of contract!
i care

United States

#64 Mar 30, 2011
at least mrs day had her papers she needed to teach and you got rid of her so why dnt you get rid of holder because she does NOT have her papers
Lesa

Chester, IL

#65 Mar 30, 2011
tax payer wrote:
if holder was not certified when they hired her that is breach of contract!
So in reality the bottom line is, She stole money from the school that paid her a salary based upon her "supposed" fictious, certification, she knowingly and willing took the money fraudulantly! Will she be prosecuted? Don't hold your breath! Just like Pam Powell was never prosecuted for stealing thousands of dollars from the post office in summersville when she worked there many years ago, she got caught, got fired, and bam opens a video store! Go figure! No one can argue this point ligitimately, "It only is a crime in Summersville Missouri to steal, depending on your last name". Sad, Sad, what an example for our children!
Just to clarify

Frisco, TX

#66 Mar 30, 2011
B smart wrote:
A little advice not being mean. Please dont vote for amy person that is running for school board that has a wife or husbamd that is employed by the school. Otherwise we will all b in trouble.
I'm not trying to influence your vote either way but I thought I'd clarify something. School board members can't vote on issues concerning family members. If they are a spouse, parent or even a cousin they cannot vote for or against the issue. Again, I don't mean to influence your vote. I just want you to be an informed voter!:)
i care

United States

#67 Mar 30, 2011
sounds like a good law suit to me!
i care

United States

#68 Mar 30, 2011
the only reason pam powell got out of that is because her dad is loyd mitchell
omg

Norwood, MO

#69 Mar 30, 2011
Concerned wrote:
Was all closed session. At the end the school board members came out said she wasn't certified, was an oversight, she THOUGHT she was, but she is still our superintendent!
That is not true! Does anyone tell the truth anymore? Did Ms.Holder tell you to say this?
SERIOUSLY

United States

#70 Mar 30, 2011
I'm not sure I could lay my head down at night if I were to viscously bash my community members on here the way some of you continue to do day after day. Publicly humiliating people will not change or better anyone, in any situation. I am praying for our little town, the school and the members of our community and I hope the rest of you will do the same. Whatever our opinions about each other, we all need prayer and understanding in our lives.
i care

United States

#71 Mar 30, 2011
omg wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not true! Does anyone tell the truth anymore? Did Ms.Holder tell you to say this?
no i dont like mary holder , she is stealing from our school and the board members are letting it happen!!
Lesa

Chester, IL

#72 Mar 30, 2011
SERIOUSLY wrote:
I'm not sure I could lay my head down at night if I were to viscously bash my community members on here the way some of you continue to do day after day. Publicly humiliating people will not change or better anyone, in any situation. I am praying for our little town, the school and the members of our community and I hope the rest of you will do the same. Whatever our opinions about each other, we all need prayer and understanding in our lives.
While you are praying, you may want to ask God to reveal to you the difference in "bashing" and stating "FACTS". What Mrs. Holder has done to the hard working , tax paying people of this community is down right STEALING & LIEING, That IS NOT BASHING! The people on this forum have very TRUTHFUL and Legitimate complaints! Yes the one and only thing I do agree with you on is we all need to pray! The truth is not too much to ask for from a community that entrust our children to our HONEST (suppose to be) school system. If you haven't watched the News lately, Teachers all over are loosing their jobs, because there is no money to pay their salaries, and teachers don't make big bucks! But this woman has been paid an astronomical amount based, I say BASED on her "creditenals that she does not posess.!!! That is not BASHING!
Lesa

Chester, IL

#73 Mar 30, 2011
i care wrote:
the only reason pam powell got out of that is because her dad is loyd mitchell
Absolutely Correct, Although I have and always will believe someone with alot more power than a Daddy that was a deputy got the door shut on Federal Theft charges for Pam! Sad, but true that all it takes is having the right last name in that town can release you from accountability, and consequences of stealing, Just like Mrs. Holder has done to the school system, and our community, STEALING TAX PAYERS HARD WORKING DOLLARS! She as well has the "right" last name, maybe she too will scoot off into the sunset, then bam! Open a video store!
well well

United States

#74 Mar 30, 2011
Why be so hasty to assume that SERIOUSLY is talking about the people on here asking for the truth from Mrs. Holder? It's possible that they actually agree with you and just think prayer might be helpful in the situation good or bad, for or against. When truth is being sought after who better to ask for help than from the Lord? However, Lesa here is doing a bang up job getting off topic and clearly "bashing" others for no good reason other than to obviously be hurtful. Sure hope no one finds out Lesa's dirty little secrets and decides to air them out for others to laugh and ridicule. I for one believe this topic should be about getting and using factual information to seek out the truth. So how about we all put on our big boy and big girl panties and stop calling each other names and work together for the good of the community?? Shall we??
seriously

United States

#75 Mar 30, 2011
Is this really how grown adults handle these situations in this area?? Mrs. Holder should be certified but the paperwork and NOT on her end was done incorrectly! But even if....look at what she does for the school and the children. See the bigger picture!! Maybe there is an issue over her salary but really who are any of you to judge anything when she does such a great job in the schools. She has done so much more than previous people in her position have done...and no I am not "bashing" anyone, but can you really put a price on your childrens well-being and education? If there is such a problem then handle it with some tact and not practically form a "lynch mob" to try and run people off. Just let her do her job and handle the issues like educated adults....she cares about the school and the people in the school and certified or not, people who actually give a darn about what they do...usually seem to do a pretty good job! Just my opinion!
tommi

United States

#76 Mar 30, 2011
seriously wrote:
Is this really how grown adults handle these situations in this area?? Mrs. Holder should be certified but the paperwork and NOT on her end was done incorrectly! But even if....look at what she does for the school and the children. See the bigger picture!! Maybe there is an issue over her salary but really who are any of you to judge anything when she does such a great job in the schools. She has done so much more than previous people in her position have done...and no I am not "bashing" anyone, but can you really put a price on your childrens well-being and education? If there is such a problem then handle it with some tact and not practically form a "lynch mob" to try and run people off. Just let her do her job and handle the issues like educated adults....she cares about the school and the people in the school and certified or not, people who actually give a darn about what they do...usually seem to do a pretty good job! Just my opinion!
You say she has done alot for our school and our kids. I hate o tell you she has not you need to open your eyes! I know of three different kids she "missed placed" last year. She has done nothing but cost our school money and if it comes right down to it our school. I know for a fact ky3 has been contacted about this mess. It is sad that it has came down to this. We teach our kids not to lie but look what she does everything that comes out of her mouth is a lie.
enough

United States

#77 Mar 31, 2011
people of summersville, unless you want the dishonesty in this matter to be swept under the rug and forgotten,vote in the election for dusty cooper,leroy wells, and kevin patton. and then go to the school board meeting in april. you can make a difference if you participate.
Lesa

Chester, IL

#78 Mar 31, 2011
enough wrote:
people of summersville, unless you want the dishonesty in this matter to be swept under the rug and forgotten,vote in the election for dusty cooper,leroy wells, and kevin patton. and then go to the school board meeting in april. you can make a difference if you participate.
I agree 100%, If we don't get Gina out of there that votes on the "buddy" system,(if your her buddy, you have her vote, right or wrong doesn't matter) this will be swept under the rug!
just sayin

United States

#79 Apr 1, 2011
I am voting for Billy and Kevin. I haven't decided on the other one yet.
last

United States

#80 Apr 2, 2011
Legally, there may be nothing the school can do to get rid of Holder. Even though Her contract she signed was done so without a certificate. However its only a 1 year contract. So when our new board takes effect and has to vote on to keep her or not next January, they can make the right decision. I am wondering how many different stories this lady has told about why she didn't have her Certification??? First she had it, then it was a glitch in system, then is was Sharon Pattons fault, then she had it again, now she doesn't have it. Pretty sure only 1 person to blame, and that is herself. By the way, since Mary doesn't wanna take a pay cut like all other teachers, maybe she could at least pay tuition for her grandkids which live in a different district!
Agree

Ozark, MO

#81 Apr 2, 2011
last wrote:
Legally, there may be nothing the school can do to get rid of Holder. Even though Her contract she signed was done so without a certificate. However its only a 1 year contract. So when our new board takes effect and has to vote on to keep her or not next January, they can make the right decision. I am wondering how many different stories this lady has told about why she didn't have her Certification??? First she had it, then it was a glitch in system, then is was Sharon Pattons fault, then she had it again, now she doesn't have it. Pretty sure only 1 person to blame, and that is herself. By the way, since Mary doesn't wanna take a pay cut like all other teachers, maybe she could at least pay tuition for her grandkids which live in a different district!
If she is claiming their attendance hours for state reimbursement then that is a legal issue. If they live out of the Summersville School District then they should be paying tuition. There are specific regulations related to this issue. I'm not so sure about your comment that there is nothing legally they can do to get rid of her. Have they even contacted their attorney to see? Perhaps they just don't want to get rid of her.
Facts

Ozark, MO

#82 Apr 2, 2011
Check out Board Policy 1720, on the school website under Board of Education policies. Perhaps Ms. Holder and the Board of Education aren't even familiar with their policies and they haven't read them. They aren't following their own policies and procedures and she isn't abiding by them either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump for president! 9 hr guest 180
Trish ledgerwood 10 hr Thads Friend 11
missing girl-Elisabeth Hornbeck (Oct '15) Sat Izzy-_- 40
Jacob loo..what kinda person is he? Sat Izzy-_- 2
Anyone know? Feb 14 yep 2
Dana Underwood (Dec '12) Feb 14 Wondering 9
zachary needels (Jun '16) Feb 14 Margaret 7

Summersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Summersville Mortgages