Greensburg woman charged with abandonment of minor

May 14, 2013 Full story: Columbia Magazine 73

Greensburg woman charged with abandonment of minor Columbia Walmart personnel attends child, notify Columbia police who investigate, arrest 26 year old mother in Greensburg, bring her back to Adair County where she faces multiple charges.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Spill it

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 May 14, 2013
Who is this?
Spill it

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 May 14, 2013
I mean really how could a real mother forget their child that wasn't high or intoxicated?? Some people don't deserve kids!
knowHer

Columbia, KY

#3 May 14, 2013
I dont personally know her, but i know the childs father, that baby has been thru alot, and spent a very long time in l-ville hospital, goin thru withdraws from drugs the girl did while she was pregnant. And thru the whole thing the father stayed with that child and never once left her side, while the "mother" was home partying. He is a very good father and loves that baby more than nething and is hurt deeply by this, i am so thankful he left her a long time ago when he realized wat type of dead beat mother she was,and i hope and pray he gets custody of that precious little girl, and the girl is in adair county jail, i hope someone beats thed dog crap out of her and butt rapes her with a mop. people like this girl never should have been blessed with the ability to concieve!!!
Spill it

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 May 14, 2013
Yeap its who I thought!
Poorthing

Campbellsville, KY

#6 May 14, 2013
That baby is beautiful, at least the dad actually cares. And has got his life together and can actually take care of the baby. She has no accuse for what she done to the baby. If I was him I wouldn't let her see the baby again.
truth

Horse Cave, KY

#7 May 14, 2013
Yes is a horrible situation and what she did was absolutely wrong but the dad is not what he has been made it to be. He did not leave he a long time ago and they were still together up until this incident. As for the hospital deal, yes she was up there like previously mentioned but both patents were not by the Childs side like they needed to be. I hope this kicks both if their asses. Can't believe sometime would do this. It's hard to comprehend.
Seriously

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 May 14, 2013
Not even going to comment about the situation at all, except to say this entire family is in my thoughts and prayers. I do, however, want to point out that the father had not "gotten rid of her." They were still together and she and the baby were in the process of moving to Bowling green to live with him.
friend

Greensburg, KY

#9 May 14, 2013
who is this person that you guys are talking about
sad

Jamestown, KY

#10 May 14, 2013
This is sad.
friend

Glendale, KY

#11 May 14, 2013
Neither of the two parents were with the baby the entire time while she was in lville hospital. They visited a few times a week, but none stayed. They split for a bit here and there, but for the most part, the mother and father were together and were still together and were planning on a life together in bowling green in the next few weeks. The poor baby is the only one that has suffered and will suffer her life. People need to remember that!! Pray for the baby!
Dont_sugarcoat

United States

#12 May 14, 2013
Neither one are fit! They both have a history of drug use. The baby was born addicted and whomever let her have that baby without supervision is an idiot. The father has made rude and obscene comments about my child before and in my opinion is a real douche. I expect nothing less than his family to get on here and defend him. And how's he going to support the child? Playoffs from buddy Lowe?
leave her in

Glasgow, KY

#13 May 14, 2013
Please leave her in jail it's the only thing will keep her from self destructing. I know a lot of you want her to suffer and she will. Just don't want her OD'ing or something over this. God bless that baby with a happy life and home. God be with the mother.
i know

Campbellsville, KY

#14 May 14, 2013
knowHer wrote:
I dont personally know her, but i know the childs father, that baby has been thru alot, and spent a very long time in l-ville hospital, goin thru withdraws from drugs the girl did while she was pregnant. And thru the whole thing the father stayed with that child and never once left her side, while the "mother" was home partying. He is a very good father and loves that baby more than nething and is hurt deeply by this, i am so thankful he left her a long time ago when he realized wat type of dead beat mother she was,and i hope and pray he gets custody of that precious little girl, and the girl is in adair county jail, i hope someone beats thed dog crap out of her and butt rapes her with a mop. people like this girl never should have been blessed with the ability to concieve!!!
I know the facts you sure the hell don't cuz if you did you would know that he is a sorry low life. The baby wasn't born addicted never found one thing in the baby's system. He failed the drug test. Also they just broke up this week!!!! He wasn't at the hospital the whole time. And she wasn't home partying she had a job that she had to go to she was at the hospital as much as she could. His sorry ass lived off of her her parents tried to get her to see what he was but, she thought she loved him. I guess she was wrong and I couldn't be happier. He is a thief a snitch and sells his body to a guy for money. So before you go saying he is this great person look his ass up ask around!!!
i know

Campbellsville, KY

#15 May 14, 2013
I am not defending her by no means. I know what she did was wrong. But, I'm not going to read about the dad being this great person that he is not. He freeloader off of her all the way up to her putting him out. He moved to bg cuz he had no place to go. He didn't come up for his drug counseling or his visitations. I know of a few times where the grandmother got that baby out in the cold to visit with him at the social worker's office and he never showed. And no she didn't stay with the baby at the hospital she stayed at the Ronald McDonald house. I don't thunk that either one of them need the baby. She needs to be in a loving stable home.
OUTRAGED

Campbellsville, KY

#16 May 14, 2013
THIS POOR BABY... MY HEART IS BROKEN AFTER HEARING ABOUT THIS. I KNOW A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THESE PEOPLE. I FEEL SO BAD FOR THAT POOR HELPLESS BABY. SHE IS SO ADORABLE. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY NO ONE HERD THAT BABY FOR SO LONG. THAT JUST SHOWS US WHAT THE EMPLOYEES ARE LIKE AT OUR WALMART. A COKE VENDOR FOUND THE CHILD. HOURS, AND HOURS LATER. WHAT ABOUT THE SECURITY OUT THERE. CAMERAS EVERYWHERE. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH THAT BABY GIRL. I HOPE SHE HAS A LONG HEALTHY LIFE WITH PEOPLE THAT LOVE AND CARE FOR HER. AWAY FROM THE MOTHER AND FATHER........
savy

Bowling Green, KY

#17 May 15, 2013
Who are we talking about here ? This is horrible. No child deserves this

kim

Bowling Green, KY

#18 May 15, 2013
savy wrote:
Who are we talking about here ? This is horrible. No child deserves this
Adriane N Faulkner
Seriously

Elizabethtown, KY

#19 May 15, 2013
OUTRAGED wrote:
THIS POOR BABY... MY HEART IS BROKEN AFTER HEARING ABOUT THIS. I KNOW A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THESE PEOPLE. I FEEL SO BAD FOR THAT POOR HELPLESS BABY. SHE IS SO ADORABLE. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY NO ONE HERD THAT BABY FOR SO LONG. THAT JUST SHOWS US WHAT THE EMPLOYEES ARE LIKE AT OUR WALMART. A COKE VENDOR FOUND THE CHILD. HOURS, AND HOURS LATER. WHAT ABOUT THE SECURITY OUT THERE. CAMERAS EVERYWHERE. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH THAT BABY GIRL. I HOPE SHE HAS A LONG HEALTHY LIFE WITH PEOPLE THAT LOVE AND CARE FOR HER. AWAY FROM THE MOTHER AND FATHER........
Yes, it is terribly horrible, but don't try to make it worse than it is. She wasn't there for hours and hours, she was there for less than one hour. Yes, 2 minutes is too long, but so t try to make it seem like she was there half the day and no one noticed.
i know

Campbellsville, KY

#20 May 15, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is terribly horrible, but don't try to make it worse than it is. She wasn't there for hours and hours, she was there for less than one hour. Yes, 2 minutes is too long, but so t try to make it seem like she was there half the day and no one noticed.
It wasn't 2 hours.. She left the baby at 11:30 and the baby wasn't found till almost 8:30. I work for Wal-Mart they watched security tapes. I was working yesterday and the head of security told us.
Seriously

Elizabethtown, KY

#21 May 15, 2013
i know wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't 2 hours.. She left the baby at 11:30 and the baby wasn't found till almost 8:30. I work for Wal-Mart they watched security tapes. I was working yesterday and the head of security told us.
I don't believe that is the case, as this is my family. But, if that were the case, what exactly does this say about the employees of Walmart. Did no one think it odd that there was a baby there with no adults around?
Talking about it isn't going to change it. Everyone just needs to be in prayer for this whole family, including the mother. This has been very devastating for everyone involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Walker at it again (Sep '10) 18 hr BigD 31
shannon (walker) velazquez (Nov '13) Fri jodi b 4
wendy jessie (Aug '08) Fri GetOverIt 8
GCHS Football Dec 25 doubting 8
warren and Sheila Dec 25 Munfird lady 5
Anyone remember when they started football in G... Dec 23 Was there 5
Elizabeth D. Dec 23 curious 1
Summersville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web