santa

Cave City, KY

#2 Nov 14, 2012
what is a prepper

be careful now i only come once a year
worried

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Nov 14, 2012
A prepper is someone getting food and weapons ready when the crap hits the fan like doomsday prepping something everyone should think about
also worried

Greensburg, KY

#4 Dec 7, 2012
worried wrote:
A prepper is someone getting food and weapons ready when the crap hits the fan like doomsday prepping something everyone should think about
I have been trying to prep. but it's hard enough to live day to day.
worried

Columbia, KY

#5 Dec 10, 2012
i know it is hard but you know a lot of people dont think about this but it is real
NewToGreensburg

Vilonia, AR

#6 Dec 10, 2012
I think worried forgot to take it's meds today.
been thier

Irving, IL

#7 Dec 10, 2012
worried, water is one thing that would be real helpful for u to prep on. it wont go bad and when and if you need it you can always boil it to bring it back to taste and new to grensburg you might need to read your bible prepper is right its gonna get tough if your not prepared
worried

Columbia, KY

#8 Dec 11, 2012
thank you been their it is going to happen dont know when but it will even if not real soon you can always eat your food but have you noticed about the food slowly rising and more thiefs and killings going on who knows what people is going to do we have not had a castopea but if we did what would people do they would steal and kill to get food
been thier

Irving, IL

#9 Dec 12, 2012
so true i stock up on nonperishables that way they dont expire on me so soon and a lot of toilet paper and paper towels stuff like that when i have extra money i see what i can put in my cabinets have a great day
worried

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Dec 12, 2012
you know it won't hurt to stock up on meds like cold medicene and tynol and soap and shampoo it is not going to ruin plenty of candles and stuff you usually don't think about and like you a lot of water and salt and coffee and plenty of sugar food is going to get high like we take the grocery for granted what if it wasn't here what would we do probably go crazy right now if we need something we go to the store and when people gets hungry they are going to look for food either steal it or kill for it
been thier

Irving, IL

#11 Dec 12, 2012
i agree with you worried i have a major stock on soap and shampoo already but when i catch it on sale i get more you never know whats gonna happen in todays society
Daniel

Columbus, IN

#12 Dec 15, 2012
Also add in to your prepping options spices. When you are purchasing food, purchase 'dry goods' like boxed dinners and canned items. The spices will help change up the tastes of the same limited options.

The biggest thing is to look around you and the world in general, try to identify the 5 most likely scenarios and prep for them.

Check into long term storage foods and consider volunteering at a Mormon/Latter Day Saints cannery. The ones I've been to, you work for four hours, helping can food stuffs and then are able to buy some of the stuff you just helped can/preserve.

Here is what they offer and the price list: https://providentliving.org/self-reliance/foo...

I have not checked, lately, but I believe they have a cannery in Nashville. I know there is one in Indy.

For myself, I am making sure I have good quality, usable camping gear available and ready to use. fishing and hunting gear.

Also start looking online for prepping websites where there are dedicated forums and people to help. Oldenimagineering.com is one that I used to go to, but they are very slow and quiet, now, as the owner has not had much time for it. Create an account and log in there. Then contact the owner of the site ot approve your account so you can help post what you find to help others.
worried

Sonora, KY

#13 Dec 17, 2012
daniel i take it you are a prepper to it never hurts to be prepared you know it and i know it that we will need the preppers stuff sooner or later my family laughs at me but when it hits the fan they won't be laughing but thanks for the input very helpful i think a lot of websites is just in it for the money but if we have a econcomy break down money won't be worth nothing it is also good to see if your neighbors are prepping to if not talk to people and tell them
Davy

Irving, IL

#14 Dec 18, 2012
I make her prep it everytime before we have Sex.
worried

Sonora, KY

#15 Dec 18, 2012
you are just nasty
leroy robertson

United States

#16 Dec 20, 2012
I prefer salt! But I don't mind alittle pepper either.
Worried

Means, KY

#17 Dec 21, 2012
I fully agree. Even though it is a bit 'old and out of touch' I still agree with the old boy scout motto of 'Be Prepared'.

Yes, I AM a prepper, though not to the level I would like to be. That site I listed is a family member's. I am certain he is not into the site to make money. If he was, the site would be fuller. Actually, he wants to build a site for others to help him and each other be better preppers. Ideas, tools, single items that cover multiple uses and purposes to minimize load out, etc.

Personally, I am struggling with the rising costs of the prep projects I wish to start. Most of them are outside projects, so they require warmer weather, but even then raw materials will be even more expensive.

Something I am looking for are the 'Force Multiplier' ideas, tools and techniques. The number of my family that will be gathering together for refuge, IF a balloon goes up, will be rather small. A large farm with many people working it by hand will survive easier than a small family homestead. We will be a very small group of 3 to 8 people. We need to be able to multiply our efforts. I can't help with harvest and watch the roads going by our place, at the same time, as an example.

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble on, again. Feel free to contact me, here, or on the site I listed above if you wish. I think it might be best to move this conversation, elsewhere.
Worried

Means, KY

#18 Dec 21, 2012
Davy wrote:
I make her prep it everytime before we have Sex.
leroy robertson wrote:
I prefer salt! But I don't mind alittle pepper either.
Davy and leroy robertson,

Gentlemen, this is a serious topic. Please treat it as such. Trying to hijack the thread in such a way shows your immaturity and lack of self-respect.

Please, grow up.

In this sad world we have, there are more than enough people who refuse to think for themselves. The self chosen ignorant. The people that will survive this current depression, and anything worse that may be coming, are those that are willing to work, listen, learn and contribute. Not just one or two, but all four of those points.

Are you going to be one of those, dead in their home, because they were not prepared, expecting FEMA and the government to show up and help? Or will you be one of those thugs running around, terrorizing others, stealing from and killing those who were prepared, before you end up dead? Or will you start now, to actually survive in an environment unlike any you have actually heard of, taking care of you and yours, helping others without risking yourself?

Think on it and decide, which do you want to be, the ignorant, the thug or the winner.
larry hunt

United States

#19 Dec 21, 2012
Worried wrote:
<quoted text>leroy robertson wrote, "I prefer salt! But I don't mind alittle pepper either."

Gentlemen, this is a serious topic. Please treat it as such. Trying to hijack the thread in such a way shows your immaturity and lack of self-respect.

Please, grow up.

In this sad world we have, there are more than enough people who refuse to think for themselves. The self chosen ignorant. The people that will survive this current depression, and anything worse that may be coming, are those that are willing to work, listen, learn and contribute. Not just one or two, but all four of those points.

Are you going to be one of those, dead in their home, because they were not prepared, expecting FEMA and the government to show up and help? Or will you be one of those thugs running around, terrorizing others, stealing from and killing those who were prepared, before you end up dead? Or will you start now, to actually survive in an environment unlike any you have actually heard of, taking care of you and yours, helping others without risking yourself?

Think on it and decide, which do you want to be, the ignorant, the thug or the winner.
get a life u freak .. You are funny to me.i still like salt better.. Jackass
gerald galager

United States

#20 Dec 21, 2012
Worried wrote:
<quoted text>leroy robertson wrote, "I prefer salt! But I don't mind alittle pepper either."

Please, grow up.

worried... It's time to come out of the basement.. Everything's fine up here!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IGA parking lot 20 hr Customer 6
Shih Tzu Puppies for Sale (Jun '08) Wed Valerie 13
Ashley Bowles Tue Sam I am 7
A hot fantasy for 7 years (Jun '15) Tue Filth N Fury 3
Debbie Bagby Feb 21 Not a Liar 2
Food stamp worker Chris knifley Feb 19 Mr Twister 3
Annabella Carlene Feb 18 Testme 5

Summersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance