Nude pics in phone lost at McDonald's; end up online

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Here's some food for thought: If you have nude photos of your wife on your cell phone, hang onto it.
Comments
1 - 20 of 304 Comments Last updated Nov 26, 2008
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Vice President

West Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Judged:

If they didn't want something like that to happen, why would they keep the pictures on something as easily lost as a cell phone?
Lulu

New Berlin, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Judged:

Hello....who was the idiot that left the phone at McDonald's. Why are you blaming McDonald's for something you did?!! Take responsibility and be a man!
Steve

Lomita, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Judged:

Sounds like a con job to me.
Lamorial

Langley, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

So if u have a picture of a patent - of some type - on ur cell phone - the finder is liable. What crap! If I were the owner of any etablishment, I would instruct the staff to rubbish any phone found on the premises imediately in order to mitigate the possibility of lawsuits.
Hello

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Another stupid lawsuit. Maybe they shouldn't have taken the pics or lost their cell phone.
ex-ferrerman

Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Lamorial wrote:
So if u have a picture of a patent - of some type - on ur cell phone - the finder is liable. What crap! If I were the owner of any etablishment, I would instruct the staff to rubbish any phone found on the premises imediately in order to mitigate the possibility of lawsuits.
That's easy for you to say. What's that mean in american?
John

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Sounds like a money making scheme to me! Who left the phone? Time to take some responsibility. If you take those kind of pictures, then you better be prepared for the consequences if you lose your phone. What a frivolous lawsuit.
HKT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

These two are married? Sad life if the most action this guy is getting is through cell pictures.
the dr

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

As previously stated, probably a scam.

Post pictures of wife on internet, claim to lose phone, sue a big company.

Once again not that much info in the artice. How did he find out the photos were now floating around cyberspace?

What proof that the photos were uploaded after he "lost" the phone and before he recovered it.(that is if he recovered it, once again not enough info)

What a joke of a lawsuit. One of reasons our economy is so messed up is lawsuits like this.
some dude

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Why would they have to move to a new home? What a joke! Who cares that some people at McDonald's saw the pictures. Laugh it off and move on.
Steve

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Opps
mdf

Syracuse, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

The wife should be suing her husband for stupidity!
STEWIE GRIFFIN

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Judged:

Guess it adds some meaning to the age old question" Do you have any naked pictures of your wife? Wanna see some?"
Reader in Houston

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Judged:

The guy loses his cell phone and blames McDonald's Corporation?? Not smart. If he wanted to go after someone he could go after the one unit where he ate but not the entire company.

The employee who presumably posted the personal images was no angel either and should be fired or otherwise held responsible, but the husband might not have been the brightest to carry such sensitive photos in something that's not secure.

Americans do need to learn some lessons on privacy, though. If you find something that you know isn't yours, you're not entitled to do whatever you want with the contents. The "he should have known better" argument doesn't give you the license to mete out the punishment. If someone got your wallet and publicized your residential address, how would you feel?
Sofa KIng Sweet

Northbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

God I love it! If Mcdonalds said they had it and would secure it not knowing if the pic had already put on the internet then they deserve it.They can't get an order right you didn't think they were going to get this right did you.
"Welcome to Madonnas may I have yo order? Yes I would like the 6 pic phone meal..........
people are jerks

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

Judged:

It's a circle of vileness and disrespect. Husband carries around pictures of his wife, thus risking that others will see them. He's too much of an airhead dummy to keep track of the phone so he doesn't lose it. Lying McDonald's employees promise to secure it, then with absolutely no compassion or feelings for another human being proceed to humiliate a perfect stranger by putting the pics online. As a nation, our character is lousy as hell. I hope the dignity and humanity of Obama helps to lead us to better things, though I know it's unlikely.
Critical Thinker

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

Judged:

Brings new meaning to the term "Happy Meal"
Sofa KIng Sweet

Northbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

Judged:

Critical Thinker wrote:
Brings new meaning to the term "Happy Meal"
Happy ending meal.....
pugglemom

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

I can't see how McDonald's is liable here. Didn't we all learn the "finders keepers" rule on the playground? The guy is lucky to get his phone back. Yes, they're mortified, but it was their own poor judgement that caused that. Let this be a lesson - delete, delete, delete!
Im lovin it

Lyon, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

Much better article here:
http://www.nwanews.com/nwat/news/71375/
The manager found the phone and called the guy. Before the guy got back to pick it up, the phone was used to text message the wife. And then the pictures showed up on the internet. It's reasonable to assume the manager or one of his employees posted the pics.
The guy is still an idiot, but there's probably some liability on McDonald's part.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Summers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 47 min BARNEYII 29,460
1 Hospitalized In Washington County Shooting; S... 16 hr Poppy 1
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) Wed I like Birds 9,827
Michelle Duggar Warns Arkansas Community That T... Wed TerryE 1
Gates sold to Dayton Tires (Aug '09) Aug 19 Tap Tap 2,179
Markwayne Mullin Sucks! (Sep '13) Aug 19 Homer 156
Katelyn Delp? Aug 18 DaTruth 2

Search the Summers Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Summers Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••