Anybody try TalkOfTheVillages.com
Rainman

Lady Lake, FL

#504 Feb 12, 2014
Visitor wrote:
Rainman - word of advice. Don't feed the trolls. If no one responds, they lose interest and move on.
Thanks always good advice......
Lori Ann

Markleville, IN

#505 Feb 14, 2014
My dearest Rainman and Visitor,
I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and crap out a smarter comeback than what you just said.
And to respond to Mary Mary quite contrary- Thine forward voice, now, is to speak well of thine friend; thine backward voice is to utter foul speeches and to detract. It's a shame all 3 of you left TOTV. You denied a village of their idiot.
Filter

Lady Lake, FL

#506 Feb 14, 2014
L A is a troll.
Kathy

United States

#507 Feb 14, 2014
Hey. Be careful who you talk about at the crisperx meet up. Last time a bunch if you gossiped about someone who was sitting there and you didn't realize it. You might want to look over your shoulder next time
C W Newmann

Lady Lake, FL

#508 Feb 14, 2014
buggyone is a bit of an asshat, too
T-Bird

Lady Lake, FL

#509 Feb 15, 2014
Jocko wrote:
TalkOfTheVillages.com is supposed to have a lot of activity of people who actually live in The Villages.
Does anybody know anything about it?
Wonderful site for people moving to or living in The Villages. The owners keep a tight reign on the few old rednecks that harass and insult members. Out of thousands of posters, you only have two or three that cause problems. Beware of Bucco, Rubicon and Bilithekid. Three old jerks that hate everyone.
Anonymous

Lady Lake, FL

#510 Feb 15, 2014
My parents live in the Villages and love it. They tell me the only drawback is that it is a very Republican area. Something about the owner of the place being a hard right person. I told them hey rich, prejudice and republican are all in the same basket. But the do love it anyway, they have learned to hoed the fact that they also love Obama.
Rich

Lady Lake, FL

#511 Feb 15, 2014
T-Bird wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful site for people moving to or living in The Villages. The owners keep a tight reign on the few old rednecks that harass and insult members. Out of thousands of posters, you only have two or three that cause problems. Beware of Bucco, Rubicon and Bilithekid. Three old jerks that hate everyone.
I am very curious of an example of these "old jerks" as you call them have ever done to make you believe that they "hat everyone".

Seems to me that the only hate I feel now is from you. Everyone says how well it is moderated yet you say these three are full of hate and cause problems, but you do not tell anyone what they do.

My visits have not shown any of the behaviour that you mention and it is a bit irrresponsible to come on a public forum and start with hate talk.
Anonymous

Lady Lake, FL

#512 Feb 15, 2014
Rich wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very curious of an example of these "old jerks" as you call them have ever done to make you believe that they "hat everyone".
Seems to me that the only hate I feel now is from you. Everyone says how well it is moderated yet you say these three are full of hate and cause problems, but you do not tell anyone what they do.
My visits have not shown any of the behaviour that you mention and it is a bit irrresponsible to come on a public forum and start with hate talk.
Hi rich, I can't speak for tbird, but I also have witnessed posts by two of the three posters mentioned by tbird replying to people with language that made my eyes pop out. I would not call it hate, but rather just grumpy old guys that are most likely sick or lonely.
Rich

Lady Lake, FL

#513 Feb 15, 2014
Cowbubba wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi rich, I can't speak for tbird, but I also have witnessed posts by two of the three posters mentioned by tbird replying to people with language that made my eyes pop out. I would not call it hate, but rather just grumpy old guys that are most likely sick or lonely.
FOR EXAMPLE ....you can malign anyone with such generalities.....tell everyone on here what was said or done that made your eyes pop out ?
Rich

Lady Lake, FL

#514 Feb 15, 2014
Cowbubba wrote:
My parents live in the Villages and love it. They tell me the only drawback is that it is a very Republican area. Something about the owner of the place being a hard right person. I told them hey rich, prejudice and republican are all in the same basket. But the do love it anyway, they have learned to hoed the fact that they also love Obama.
As you go about your day, this "drawback"...how can you tell which person is an evil Republican ?

Such trite....
LoriAnn

La Salle, IL

#515 Feb 15, 2014
Asshat and Evil Republican, lol!!! This is headed in the right direction!
Rich

Lady Lake, FL

#516 Feb 15, 2014
For clarification.......I visit the TOTV site often, but I have no "dog in this race", but it intrigues me.....

Folks come on here to blast away at TOTV posters by screen name....even give addresses for some reason. Talk about mean people, etc WITH NO CREDIBILITY because I have yet to see any example.

These people who do this and call others names appear to me to be much worse than those they attack....what am I missing.

With no examples, with no credibility, behind anonymity, you smear others.......THAT kind of action, to me anyway, is so much more vile.

If just one example of all of this mean and cruel "eye popping" behavior were given......but never, not once.
Anonymous

Lady Lake, FL

#517 Feb 15, 2014
My my...... I must say, you sound like both of the ones I have read vile posts from. They don't start threads, just take the other side of any discussion and berate the author. If you are not one of the culprits, then this is none of your business and I would ask to too please keep your big nose out of my comments if you don't like them rick.
Rich

Lady Lake, FL

#518 Feb 15, 2014
Cowbubba wrote:
My my...... I must say, you sound like both of the ones I have read vile posts from. They don't start threads, just take the other side of any discussion and berate the author. If you are not one of the culprits, then this is none of your business and I would ask to too please keep your big nose out of my comments if you don't like them rick.
Allow me to understand you.....

Asking you to back up libelous statements about specific people is wrong..is that what you are saying ?

This is NOT an open forum for comments..only YOU will decide who is to post and you, while posting slander on a PUBLIC forum will decide who may respond..is that what you are saying ?

You seem to feel that this is yours, and anyone who might not agree or be "approved" by you is not allowed to post.

As someone who visits TOTV, I do not see the terrible stuff YOU have decided to say exists, and simply asked you to be an adult and if you are going to attack people, at minimum explain why. I think should anyone attack you, you might want to have a reason...isn't that what reasonable folks do ?
Rich

Lady Lake, FL

#519 Feb 15, 2014
PS TO COWBUBBA...

You mentioned or implied that you began this thread.....it began a number of years ago, and YOU appear to be the newbie.

Now, if you want to DISCUSS TOTV, fine..offer up you opinion without the slander..that's fine
Anonymous

Lady Lake, FL

#520 Feb 15, 2014
Rich wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to understand you.....
Asking you to back up libelous statements about specific people is wrong..is that what you are saying ?
This is NOT an open forum for comments..only YOU will decide who is to post and you, while posting slander on a PUBLIC forum will decide who may respond..is that what you are saying ?
You seem to feel that this is yours, and anyone who might not agree or be "approved" by you is not allowed to post.
As someone who visits TOTV, I do not see the terrible stuff YOU have decided to say exists, and simply asked you to be an adult and if you are going to attack people, at minimum explain why. I think should anyone attack you, you might want to have a reason...isn't that what reasonable folks do ?
My word is truth. I would ask who are you to doubt my honesty. If I say someone is vile, then that is the truth. I will back up my statements to whom it applies and not some self appointed forum police. I also go on TOTV often, but because I have family that do, I do not post on their, but I observe others posters. TOTV is a great site with thousands of wonderful people. The few on there that post vile comments know they do it as it is their grumpy old way. Like you, they poke at people until they can't take it anymore and blow up. Is that your intent? I say yes. Again, who do you think you are that you can question my honesty without ever talking to me before?
Rich

Lady Lake, FL

#521 Feb 15, 2014
Got it...you say someone is evil....they ARE evil..got it.
LoriAnn

La Salle, IL

#522 Feb 15, 2014
Rich, you seem normal. RUN, before they dumb you down!!
LoriAnn

La Salle, IL

#523 Feb 15, 2014
To all the haters: Gracigirl just made a comment on totv at 3:16pm. Go look, Go Look, Hurry, hurry, hurry, for the sake of all that is good and holy, GO LOOK!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summerfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TOTV Love Fest Going On Now--- Here's the Team (Mar '14) Oct 19 Lanai Lou 37
News A trip to Flavortown: Inside Guy Fieri's Americ... Oct 15 sammy 2
Holes in screening Oct 15 ferb 2
Who else had a bisexual wife? (Jul '14) Oct 14 Jill 41
Villagers go home (Dec '10) Oct 11 Lanai Lou 6
Perk Med Spa Oct 11 JUDY 6
Talk Of The Villages (TOTV) (Jul '14) Oct 10 Gracie Girl 683

Summerfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance