Anybody try TalkOfTheVillages.com
Peter

Ocala, FL

#340 Nov 11, 2013
Dusty wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get excited...I am not going to be involved in any give or take with someone like you.
This particular forum, while recommended to try, is not even close to anything I could post after today. This forum is surely different, as you say. It is like nothing I have ever seen before. You conversations go below a mean level....I now need to wash my hands as soon as I leave.
I would say enjoy, but it appears that means going after other people, so will just suggest that you find a way to get a life. You DID score a big ten on the WOW meter
Dusty....PLEASE STOP ANSWERING if you are not going to be involved in any give and take with someone like me. You keep insulting ME and then saying that I am mean. Why don't you respond as to how it's different when YOU are mean to ME ???? Why don't you respond to Jack's comments? You're just a BULLY. I will NOT be answering any more of your MEAN remarks. PLEASSE go back to TOTV and let this thread continue without your side-tracking.
Jack

Ocala, FL

#341 Nov 12, 2013
Peter,
Hopefully "Dusty" is done. Probably a friend of GG or GG herself. I so agree that while he/she was bullying you he/she didn't see herself/himself.
Yes the nice part of this forum is you can say what you want and anybody who doesn't like it can just not come here. Life is good. Off to see what's on totv.
Peter

Ocala, FL

#342 Nov 12, 2013
Jack wrote:
Peter,
Hopefully "Dusty" is done. Probably a friend of GG or GG herself. I so agree that while he/she was bullying you he/she didn't see herself/himself.
Yes the nice part of this forum is you can say what you want and anybody who doesn't like it can just not come here. Life is good. Off to see what's on totv.
Thanks, Jack !
Rob

Buffalo, NY

#343 Nov 12, 2013
I think it would be great to have a forum that isn't so negative but not another "Angie's List" forum or "Garage Sale-type" forum like TOTV is these days.
Peter

Ocala, FL

#344 Nov 12, 2013
Rob wrote:
I think it would be great to have a forum that isn't so negative but not another "Angie's List" forum or "Garage Sale-type" forum like TOTV is these days.
I totally agree. I have bought and sold a few items on TOTV, but lately it seems like most of the new posts are items for sale.The threads that get the most posts are always the most negative with people arguing back and forth for days and days. I would love it if people would start more positive threads and others would let it play out without negative responses.
Jack

Ocala, FL

#345 Nov 13, 2013
If you want to get much better news reports than on TOTV go to The Villages-News. It's an on line newspaper. I use to use TOTV for happenings but this is much better than the Sun or TOTV. Sad news now is a Villager hung himself off a bridge in Wildwood. But there is also much good news on this site and a good way to know what's going on.
Fran

Lady Lake, FL

#346 Dec 9, 2013
If GracieGirl is so bad, why is there such a Graciegirl LOVEFEST going on at TOTV???
Jack

Lady Lake, FL

#347 Dec 9, 2013
Fran, They don't know the real Gracie. She's a real suck up and very needy so she makes her friends on the "Gracie board." She dominates the board by posting all the time. Has her own cyber world groupie set. I know a ton who quit that board because they can't stand her. But in the big scheme of things, who cares.
Fran

Lady Lake, FL

#348 Dec 9, 2013
But I looked at those two threads from this weekend named "What a blessing we have in Gracie" and T. Crocker's thread called "Gracie". How can so many people be wrong?
Jack

Lady Lake, FL

#349 Dec 9, 2013
Fran,
Many people???? Here are a few people who had millions and millions of people who like them.

1. Josef Stalin

2. Adolf Hitler

3. Muammar al Gaddafi

I could name 20 more evil leaders that the people loved. Having cyber friends means nothing about being a nice person.

Then look at Jim Jones who had hundreds that would follow him and all the other religious leaders who took their followers to their deaths.
All the serial killers like Ted Bundy who they even wanted to run for congress.
Now bring it to cyber friends on a computer. Hundreds pretend to be what they are not, making fast friends and even getting into relationships and marriage. Just had my friend fall in love with someone he met on line. 3 years on computer and then a marriage. Not at all what she pretended to be...marriage over in 6 months.
Fran

Lady Lake, FL

#350 Dec 10, 2013
I have seen no evidence that Graciegirl is evil. She is the most positive upbeat person on TOTV. I think she provides an informational service to people who are thinking of moving and "newbies" who want info.

I admit that her answers are not always on target.
Dusty

Lady Lake, FL

#351 Dec 10, 2013
Will this specific TOPIX forum ever be anything but a Gracie discussion outlet.

Those of you who claim resentment toward her pay her homage on here with such fervor.......homage defined as obssesed and talking of nothing else, and I can tell you that this small group of a few on here are considered on TOTV as a fan club.

Would it not be refreshing to talk about a TOPICAL issue, rather than becoming a gossip forum with ONE SINGLE subject
Fran

Lady Lake, FL

#352 Dec 10, 2013
Dusty, What would YOU want to talk about????
Dusty

Lady Lake, FL

#353 Dec 10, 2013
NOT other people for sure...THAT is called gossip and.a waste of time.

What about current affairs either her in The Villages, the state, the country...our feelings on those issues. How about some timely sports discussions.

I see no value in talking about other people (gossip), and ESPECIALLY here...ever since I began to check this place, it has been all about Grace. It almost sounds like hero worship
Nan

United States

#354 Dec 10, 2013
Dusty wrote:
What about current affairs either her in The Villages, the state, the country...our feelings on those issues. How about some timely sports discussions.
I see no value in talking about other people (gossip), and ESPECIALLY here...ever since I began to check this place, it has been all about Grace. It almost sounds like hero worship
You mean "Gracie the Great"???
Nancy

United States

#355 Dec 10, 2013
Dusty wrote:
You mean "Gracie the Great"???
Santa

Lady Lake, FL

#356 Dec 10, 2013
This thread is paying homage and hero worship?????????? Everybody must be paying homage to Obama. People post about him non-stop.

Dusty - there is a ton of threads on current affairs. Just go to them. This is not the thread for current events. Check all the posts from the beginning, it has always been about bashing people and not just Gracie.

All these TOTV posts of love for Gracie threads are a push back to this forum.
Peter

Ocala, FL

#357 Dec 13, 2013
Dusty wrote:
Dusty...why do you keep coming back to this thread and complaining ?
There are 631 Villages threads covering everything from politics, current Villages events, IRS bond issue, etc., etc, etc. SIX HUNDRED THIRTY ONE VILLAGES THREADS !!!
THIS thread is titled " Anyone try Talk of The Villages ?" Gracie is a major part of TOTV, so she will be discussed HERE. You can keep coming back and it will be the same.
If you want to talk about something else, I have an idea. WTF don't you START A NEW THREAD ????????
Dusty

Lady Lake, FL

#358 Dec 13, 2013
Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
Dusty...why do you keep coming back to this thread and complaining ?
There are 631 Villages threads covering everything from politics, current Villages events, IRS bond issue, etc., etc, etc. SIX HUNDRED THIRTY ONE VILLAGES THREADS !!!
THIS thread is titled " Anyone try Talk of The Villages ?" Gracie is a major part of TOTV, so she will be discussed HERE. You can keep coming back and it will be the same.
If you want to talk about something else, I have an idea. WTF don't you START A NEW THREAD ????????
Had I known that my comments are considered "complaining", I surely would have held back. I thought it was a discussion board, and I was interested in your rabid obsession with one specific woman on TOTV. It just seemed strange behavior for an adult to do any more than make a comment, but hey...you do what you do !

Now, when I first visited, I thought I would see if this was a viable alternative toTOTV, and that perhaps there would be adult,intelligent discussion.

To that end, even without your suggestion, I began a thread on the minimum wage debate, on which there have been no comments.

Relative to your SIX HUNDRED THIRTY ONE VILLAGES THREAD comment,.there has been only posts on 20 of those in the last FOUR months and most posts are totally unrelated to the subject, so I suppose that is why you are here alone or with a sample of others discussing and gossiping about one lone woman.

I tried, but thanks for your warm welcome and deep thought on varied topics. I do hope that you someday get you fill of bashing this one woman, and actually find something else to occupy you time.

Good luck
Peter

Ocala, FL

#359 Dec 13, 2013
MY RABID OBSESSION ??? LOL
If you look at the dates of my posts, my last post on this thread was NOV 12th ....I'm obsessed ? Really ? So obsessed that I haven't been here in a month. Get a dictionary for Christmas !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summerfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talk Of The Villages (TOTV) (Jul '14) 3 hr bill 578
Waiters and Waitresses ONLY (Oct '15) Nov 22 mary 12
Finding mutual freinds. (Jun '09) Nov 18 cid 9
News The Villages - Florida's Friendliest Home Town (Oct '11) Nov 17 norma rae 36
best homemade pies Nov 15 Mary123 1
News In deep-red Florida, signs of trouble for Donal... Nov 14 ben 4
Who else had a bisexual wife? (Jul '14) Nov 12 Billium 34

Summerfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Summerfield Mortgages