Lady Lake, FL

#300 Oct 26, 2013
Hello Marti!
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#301 Oct 27, 2013
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you on here.... Most of the time you act like a bitchy girl! Do you just come on here to troll?
Why do you care ? Why are you still reading ? A troll is someone who causes arguments. My comments that you responded to was a positive, so how could I be a troll ? Maybe you need to look in the mirror to see who the troll is.
Stay on topic.....Talk of The Villages.
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#302 Oct 27, 2013
Madelyn wrote:
Hello Marti!
I still don't know who Marti is. She isn't on TOTV. Why don't you give her a call.
Madelyn

Lady Lake, FL

#303 Oct 27, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I still don't know who Marti is. She isn't on TOTV. Why don't you give her a call.
Oh.....you know EXACTLY who this person is! You gave yourself away!
Jack

Lady Lake, FL

#304 Oct 27, 2013
I liked the idea of a call Joe. Madelyn you are drinking again.
NO ONE on here knows a Marti but I did see a carry over on to totv using the label "Craig List" the same day we talked about it here. So Brightspot you gave yourself away! Even though you have changed your name about 10 times in your posts here. This thread is about TOTV!!!!!!!
Dusty

Lady Lake, FL

#305 Oct 28, 2013
TOTV is a nice resource for folks contemplating a move to The Villages, but it's usefulness seems to wane once you move here. It does provide a little social outlet for fluff conversation, but any kind of conversation of substance has become a no no with the newer admin. That is fine and it is what it is.

Not sure what a conversation about POSTERS provides to folks on here.
Peter

Lady Lake, FL

#306 Oct 28, 2013
Dusty wrote:
TOTV is a nice resource for folks contemplating a move to The Villages, but it's usefulness seems to wane once you move here. It does provide a little social outlet for fluff conversation, but any kind of conversation of substance has become a no no with the newer admin. That is fine and it is what it is.
Not sure what a conversation about POSTERS provides to folks on here.
I don't think you can blame the admin for that. When a conversation of substance happens, there are always a few POSTERS that jump in and ruin it. If they don't agree, they start name calling and belittling. The admin then feels the need to close the thread. The POSTERS are in the wrong, not the admin. I wish the admin would penalize the posters by banning them for a few days(like they used to). After a few times of being banned, maybe these posters would learn to play by the rules. The admin would then be able to let the conversation continue. GracieGirl is the biggest offender...she should be banned for a month.
Jack

Lady Lake, FL

#307 Oct 28, 2013
I agree with Dusty(good post) and I agree with Peter.
Dusty

Lady Lake, FL

#308 Oct 29, 2013
Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you can blame the admin for that. When a conversation of substance happens, there are always a few POSTERS that jump in and ruin it. If they don't agree, they start name calling and belittling. The admin then feels the need to close the thread. The POSTERS are in the wrong, not the admin. I wish the admin would penalize the posters by banning them for a few days(like they used to). After a few times of being banned, maybe these posters would learn to play by the rules. The admin would then be able to let the conversation continue. GracieGirl is the biggest offender...she should be banned for a month.
I was active in the political forum when it existed. It was "rough and ready" , but that is expected when a discussion of any issue with more than one side is presented. It was also a "buyin" part of TOTV meaning if you did not elect to see it, you just did not sign up and thus never saw the threads or posts. The new admin has a definitive bias, and is judgemental. THEY decided how you felt, and more importantly to your point, they allowed, especially with folks who shared their bias,to ignore rules.
Not especially referring to personal posts, but any intelligent discussion of an issue requires research, and forum rules have requirements for presentation of your case, mostly ignored by the new admin and I think, not even understood. They succumbed to complaints of people who had a choice, and opted to read anyway. Not understanding their own rules led them to literally "attack" those who did not share their bias., and ignore the chronic violations of "friends".
But it is what it is. They now have a forum with fewer users, and much less hits...not a good recipe for success. Not sour grapes, but disappointed in "leadership" that does not understand their own rules, and are immature enough to be swayed.
Kim

Lady Lake, FL

#309 Oct 29, 2013
Dusty wrote:
<quoted text>
I was active in the political forum when it existed. It was "rough and ready" , but that is expected when a discussion of any issue with more than one side is presented. It was also a "buyin" part of TOTV meaning if you did not elect to see it, you just did not sign up and thus never saw the threads or posts. The new admin has a definitive bias, and is judgemental. THEY decided how you felt, and more importantly to your point, they allowed, especially with folks who shared their bias,to ignore rules.
Not especially referring to personal posts, but any intelligent discussion of an issue requires research, and forum rules have requirements for presentation of your case, mostly ignored by the new admin and I think, not even understood. They succumbed to complaints of people who had a choice, and opted to read anyway. Not understanding their own rules led them to literally "attack" those who did not share their bias., and ignore the chronic violations of "friends".
But it is what it is. They now have a forum with fewer users, and much less hits...not a good recipe for success. Not sour grapes, but disappointed in "leadership" that does not understand their own rules, and are immature enough to be swayed.
Dusty, you are right on target with your two prior posts. There is a lot of fluff over there now. We USED to have fun....but those days are long gone. There are cliques over there...and they change with time. People tend to move on....most people, that is.
I enjoy reading your intelligent posts.
Sofia

United States

#310 Oct 29, 2013
Kim wrote:
<quoted text>
Dusty, you are right on target with your two prior posts. There is a lot of fluff over there now. We USED to have fun....but those days are long gone. There are cliques over there...and they change with time. People tend to move on....most people, that is.
I enjoy reading your intelligent posts.
I agree. TOTV is getting "old".
Jack

Lady Lake, FL

#311 Oct 29, 2013
Seems new owners always love TOTV, especially looking for friends and where to get the best floors or landscaping. A few people like Gracie make it their life!!! I think her comments and others like her need to move on... I've always used it for the info rather than social. Those are the posts I read. I don't care about everybody's opinion on anything. Just the facts please! But I think the main users come and go. When new you use totv a lot and then after you've been here awhile, you move on...I still check for advice when I'm making a big purchase.
Peter

Lady Lake, FL

#312 Oct 29, 2013
I use TOTV mainly to get recommendations for a job that I need done. I really look more for who to avoid. But even that is very subjective. I just used someone that was highly recommended but I didn't care for him at all and will not use him again.
You are right about the political forum.I had just joined the political forum shortly before they shut it down. I absolutely cannot understand why people signed up for the political forum and then complained about it. Just don't read those posts. The admin was definitely wrong to shut it down.
truth

Reston, VA

#313 Oct 31, 2013
I know this is old news but I see Gracie is still at it. I also see her posts are often pulled or after many posters tell her she's wrong, she blanks out her own posts. Its fun to see how new posters tell her the same as she has always been told for years. She just doesn't get it. Shut up Gracie!!!!
I also agree the political forum should not of been closed.
Peter

Lady Lake, FL

#314 Nov 2, 2013
truth wrote:
I know this is old news but I see Gracie is still at it. I also see her posts are often pulled or after many posters tell her she's wrong, she blanks out her own posts. Its fun to see how new posters tell her the same as she has always been told for years. She just doesn't get it. Shut up Gracie!!!!
I also agree the political forum should not of been closed.
Yeah GracieGirl is at it again. Picking on the Stonecrest residents.(the Wall thread) She's such a hypocrite.
Peter

Lady Lake, FL

#315 Nov 2, 2013
seniorcitizen just called GG two faced and GG claims not to know what that means. This is getting GOOD.
Jack

Lady Lake, FL

#316 Nov 3, 2013
Check out the POA thread. GG is showing her colors. They have had to delete more and more of her comments.
Max

Buffalo, NY

#317 Nov 3, 2013
Jack wrote:
Check out the POA thread. GG is showing her colors. They have had to delete more and more of her comments.
Two words: BOY HOWDY!!!
Jack

Lady Lake, FL

#318 Nov 3, 2013
Good comment Max! How often Gracie used those two words as a put down!
Everyone should read the POA thread.
Gracie has always said the meanest and dumbest things. She is just clueless. There are very intelligent responses to Gracie's dumb posts about the POA.
The POA has helped too many people and is too profession to be put down by anybody.
Peter

New York, NY

#319 Nov 3, 2013
GG is showing us what an idiot she really is by her posts on the POA thread. Unfortunately, I don't think she sees it that way. She is still arguing her point and I'm sure that in her mind, she is correct. You can't fix stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summerfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Only in America 1 hr Sam 9
shower loofas (poufs) on cars in and around vil... Sat ocala_gem 29
News Central Florida needs to break the obesity cycle (Jul '13) Sat HELL ON EARTH 166
crime scene tape Apr 25 Peter McMurray 1
Truth About FOX Apr 24 Brad 31
God Apr 23 Joe 16
The Villages-News Apr 21 Megan 1
More from around the web

Summerfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]