Anybody try TalkOfTheVillages.com

Posted in the Summerfield Forum

First Prev
of 56
Next Last
Jocko

Erie, PA

#1 Mar 10, 2008
TalkOfTheVillages.com is supposed to have a lot of activity of people who actually live in The Villages.

Does anybody know anything about it?
samhass

Kissimmee, FL

#2 Mar 11, 2008
It's a great site. I go there daily. I think about 4,000 people belong to the site. It's a diverse group and the site has diverse subjects.
Barefoot at Last

Dunnellon, FL

#3 Mar 11, 2008
TalkoftheVillages.com is an amazing website with conversations about everything from politics to geckos. Lots of humour and expert opinions from people who currently live in TV, plus lots of good questions from newbies and wannabees. With over 4,000 members, there is never a dull moment. Don't go there .. you'll get addicted.
Jan Kokochak

Leesburg, FL

#4 Mar 11, 2008
I absolutely Love Talk of the Villages. Talkofthevillages.com
Chelsea24

Orlando, FL

#5 Aug 24, 2008
Talk of the Villages is a unique forum in the respect that it is not only for the people that live in The Villages. Information abounds. Along with good humor, chatting, and just plain wonderful people. It is what a forum should be. Lively, informative and entertaining. Give it a try! See what you've been missing.
birdman

Maitland, FL

#6 Oct 10, 2008
It's like so lame.
Osh

Maitland, FL

#7 Oct 10, 2008
Mean old people go there.
The BEST

Kissimmee, FL

#9 Oct 20, 2008
Jocko wrote:
TalkOfTheVillages.com is supposed to have a lot of activity of people who actually live in The Villages.
Does anybody know anything about it?
Talk of The Villages is the BEST!!!!
truth

Dunkirk, NY

#12 Oct 26, 2008
TOTV is a board that has some very nasty people- mainly women on it. They bully. The leaders of the bullies are chelsea24 and samhass. Eveyone who has posted here about how great it is...is either one of the bullies or one of the owners of the board.
Just read...don't trust. There is some good info.
Martinsybil

Apopka, FL

#14 Nov 22, 2008
totv has a couple of hostile people on it. Best Mom from Fredonia NY and Osh are a couple of them.
brightspot01

Lennon, MI

#15 Nov 22, 2008
There are a couple of people on TOTV who find pleasure with ruffling feathers. However, when some of us come to defend then we are called bullies. The negative posters will find any way to stir the pot and will not listen to reason nor take advice. Their road leads to negativity and no where else.

There's no pleasing everyone all of the time so my philosophy is to consider who is initiating the negative posts and chalk it up as not worthy of a response. There is discord in any forum and TOTV is not excluded.

With that said, TOTV is a rich source of valuable information and is helpful to all. It is where I learned about The Villages and established close friends. I recommend you give it a try and judge for yourself.
Villager

Lady Lake, FL

#16 Nov 24, 2008
Much nicer board now. Many new viewers.
Biggest bullies including brightspot01 have been disciplined. The bullying has stopped.
The board always had some great info and still does.
Villager

Lady Lake, FL

#17 Nov 24, 2008
Martinsybil wrote:
totv has a couple of hostile people on it. Best Mom from Fredonia NY and Osh are a couple of them.
I have read this board for years and it was not Best Mom or Osh who were the bullies. It was a clique of women. These same bullies did in at least 5 different people! But as I said...they finally got stopped with their last victim, a sweet young lady named Cassie.
It is a nicer board now.
Villager

Lady Lake, FL

#18 Nov 24, 2008
Fredonia,NY has many many people living in the Villages.
I noticed that Martinsybil and Brightspoto1 both posted on the same day. Humm....
I am a viewer and these two always show their true colors...
Martinsybil

Apopka, FL

#19 Nov 25, 2008
I read that Cassie woman's posts. She seems like a happy, good person
Martinsybil

Apopka, FL

#20 Nov 30, 2008
How did she stop the bullies?
Wise guy

Lady Lake, FL

#21 Nov 30, 2008
"How did she stop the bullies"? All the big bad bullies got banned. Guess what, when the dust settled the big bad bullies were allowed back on and peace took hold. You see the big bad bullies were only protecting themselves from the real bullies. TOTV is the best you will find on the Internet for information about The Villages and all it has to offer. Get your feet wet, you will love it there. The good bullies will protect you!
TOTV is a bore

United States

#22 Nov 30, 2008
TOTV was boring when it started. Then membersip went up and it became a fun, spontanious, forum, with bright, witty, inspiring people.
TOTV is great for general knowledge, but in my opinion the people who made the site fun to return to and read, were the ones bullied, I miss them. I miss what they had to say, their jokes, thoughts, wit. Oh well,
Another forum bites the dust.
Skinamarink

AOL

#23 Dec 1, 2008
I think that a certain poster is jealous of the financial success of some people who live in The Villages. I notice that the poster of which I spoke has already changed her identity here. She does that on TOTV.

I also grow tired of people who constantly find ways to criticize the developers of The Villages.
Wise guy

Lady Lake, FL

#24 Dec 1, 2008
Great post Skinamarink, I would like to meet you someday. You sound like my kinda person.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 56
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summerfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lady Lake, FL (Aug '10) 5 min Peggy 19
GG is back in full BS mode (Mar '14) Tue Peggy 153
Am I Liberal or Conservative Dec 17 Cincinnati Red 56
132 Children executed Dec 17 TOTV member 1
Thank God for the Village News.com Dec 16 The Villager 2 29
Will the "BLUE FLU" hit the NYPD and the rest o... Dec 16 Lobo1 1
Review: All 4 Paws Wildwood Dec 14 The Villager 2 2
Summerfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web