TOTV does in fact need fixing

Posted in the Summerfield Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Visitor

Lady Lake, FL

#1 Jul 3, 2014
I am one who defended TOTV. After reading the thread concerning the fellow arrested for having sex on the square, I am convinced that the posters on there are such a VERY VERY SMALL MINORITY of Villages residents.

No Village resident I am aware of could be so judgemental of people in most cases, and then with NO knowledge of any facts actually criticize the judge for a stiff sentence as the are doing. Shallow people with too much times on their hands. Actually congratulating somebody for a lot of posts.

These people who are so angry at this judge were almost the same who prejudge folks always....Zimmerman for one was done in on day one on that board, and I am not defending him..simply pointing out how judgemental these people are.

Has to be a very small minority of actual residents...I know many people, and these posters do not represent The Villages.

This TOTV is a private club where they can judge others, and pat themselves on the back for whatever it might be.

I have read that forum for years, but not the discussion facet, and now after reading....THESE ARE NOT MY NEIGHBORS. These people are simply a few cranky! opinionated, judgemental people who by the way seem to be made up of a ton of people who do not even live here or do so for only a few months.

They do not even read other peoples posts..you can tell by the repition....they follow each other around..you can find the same posters defending the same posters.

Sorry for this message, but I just had to say what I bet a bunch of others have thought about this small little group of people. That means those who consistently engage, judge, rate, start rumors and congratulate each other.

If I didn't live here, and found TOTV before visiting, I would never set foot in this place. It presents my hometown in such a negative way.
Mary

Ocala, FL

#2 Jul 3, 2014
That's why so many of us don't even go to TOTV any more. I participated for less than a year before realizing all the things that you state above. It certainly doesn't represent The Villages as a whole.Thank goodness !!
As you say, it's a small group (maybe 25 people) who just bash people and then pat each other on the back. I was physically sick after reading some of the recent threads. I can't even look at it anymore. Some of the most frequent posters don't even live here. It's sickening to read how selfish and cruel these people can be. I've had all that I can stomach. I won't go back and I'm sure that I won't be missed.
visitor

Lady Lake, FL

#3 Jul 4, 2014
This is so obviously the same guy again. I wondered how long he could stay silent. And Mary of course is the next typed name to appear to back him up. He shuffles computers and sites. The Zimmerman reference is a red herring.

We will hear more. More than we care to hear. Where is that Lawyers number?

TOTV is not everyone in The Villages but a pretty fair cross section of the computer literate. So that means that two thirds will be conservative in their views.

I don't know why I am typing this. This will continue as long as he can type. And it will get worse.

Please continue. What you are about to say is so predictable.
Mary

Eustis, FL

#4 Jul 4, 2014
Gracie is the worst of the lot. She has anointed herself the queen and feels she must be in control. And of course she has a small following that post as naseum.
visitor

Lady Lake, FL

#5 Jul 4, 2014
Mary wrote:
Gracie is the worst of the lot. She has anointed herself the queen and feels she must be in control. And of course she has a small following that post as naseum.
This is so obviously the same guy again. I wondered how long he could stay silent. And Mary of course is the next typed name to appear to back him up. He shuffles computers and sites. The Zimmerman reference is a red herring.

We will hear more. More than we care to hear. Where is that Lawyers number?

TOTV is not everyone in The Villages but a pretty fair cross section of the computer literate. So that means that two thirds will be conservative in their views.

I don't know why I am typing this. This will continue as long as he can type. And it will get worse.

Please continue. What you are about to say is so predictable.
visitor

Lady Lake, FL

#7 Jul 4, 2014
Visitor wrote:
I am one who defended TOTV. After reading the thread concerning the fellow arrested for having sex on the square, I am convinced that the posters on there are such a VERY VERY SMALL MINORITY of Villages residents.
No Village resident I am aware of could be so judgemental of people in most cases, and then with NO knowledge of any facts actually criticize the judge for a stiff sentence as the are doing. Shallow people with too much times on their hands. Actually congratulating somebody for a lot of posts.
These people who are so angry at this judge were almost the same who prejudge folks always....Zimmerman for one was done in on day one on that board, and I am not defending him..simply pointing out how judgemental these people are.
Has to be a very small minority of actual residents...I know many people, and these posters do not represent The Villages.
This TOTV is a private club where they can judge others, and pat themselves on the back for whatever it might be.
I have read that forum for years, but not the discussion facet, and now after reading....THESE ARE NOT MY NEIGHBORS. These people are simply a few cranky! opinionated, judgemental people who by the way seem to be made up of a ton of people who do not even live here or do so for only a few months.
They do not even read other peoples posts..you can tell by the repition....they follow each other around..you can find the same posters defending the same posters.
Sorry for this message, but I just had to say what I bet a bunch of others have thought about this small little group of people. That means those who consistently engage, judge, rate, start rumors and congratulate each other.
If I didn't live here, and found TOTV before visiting, I would never set foot in this place. It presents my hometown in such a negative way.
You think that your post is non judgmental???. I think you feel left out and not agreed with. No one can be agreed with all of the time and some people have the gift to diplomatically state their case. It is a gift, just like athletic ability is a gift. It doesn't make them better, it just makes them more able to sway opinion. Everyone has an opinion and those opinions do not agree...all of the time. You can't expect it and you can't change people's minds, but you can stop attacking them.
Visitor

Lady Lake, FL

#8 Jul 4, 2014
Seems TOTV has quite a attack force !

They judge, but do not try to judge any of them.

And TOTV is the smallest of small minority of Village residents, but you keep telling yourself whatever you wish.

And for the person that thinks I am the "same guy".....rest assured...as you read my SECOND POST EVER, It will most assuredly be my last.

Virtual world of message boards can sure mess up reality for you.
visitor

Lady Lake, FL

#9 Jul 4, 2014
Visitor wrote:
Seems TOTV has quite a attack force !
They judge, but do not try to judge any of them.
And TOTV is the smallest of small minority of Village residents, but you keep telling yourself whatever you wish.
And for the person that thinks I am the "same guy".....rest assured...as you read my SECOND POST EVER, It will most assuredly be my last.
Virtual world of message boards can sure mess up reality for you.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/the-villages-...
visitor

Lady Lake, FL

#10 Jul 4, 2014
Visitor wrote:
You don't sound like Lou to me. Mary does. But you don't. People are ready to jump because there has been so many lies and so much viciousness.

Since: Feb 14

United States

#11 Jul 4, 2014
Hey, being from Lady Lake rights next to the villages, I can takes my golf cart on a dirt path threw a vacant lot and be in Spanish Square in three minutes. I likes the cheap drinks at Louieginos outdoor bar and them bartender girls are mighty good to look at too.

Dont change nothing bout the villages. I couldnt find anorther good place to drink and play free golf.
visitor

Lady Lake, FL

#12 Jul 4, 2014
He is posting a lot today on TOTV under yet another screen name and he obviously has been drinking. There is a huge difference between his drinking and non drinking persona.

He is so sensitive that I am sure there will be anguish and embarrassment later.
Mary

Eustis, FL

#13 Jul 4, 2014
visitor wrote:
I'm not " Lou", whoever that is. You have many more than one detractor who don't appreciate your know it all underhanded tactics.

Since: Jul 14

Lady Lake, FL

#14 Jul 4, 2014
I elected to actually join this community for two reasons.

First, to make myself an honest man and stop any more postings under visitor, as I really find it offensive any more with nobody having the guts to use their name.

Secondly, perhaps it will spur others to join and get a name.

My views on TOTV are just about the same as the VISITOR comment that began this thread.

TOTV is pretty much a very very small and closed community. By closed I mean that anyone can join and post with all the freedom in the world. I have been a member there for quite some time (and NO I will not reveal my name on TOTV...and frankly, my little bit of posting has no interest).

Contrary to what I have read here, there is no bullying and if there is on PM's etc and that bothers you, then it is YOU who have the problem.

My problem with TOTV stems from the ending of the political forum. NOT the actual ending of it per se, because they had to do that. My problem is with those folks who came on there and populated the forum and who had a different idea of DISCUSSION and exchanging ideas that I or anyone else. I must make clear, and this has not true meaning except to allow for exactly what I saw. It came from the left idealogically and was basically those who were brand new or had been banned and came back. I say that with GREAT confidence and am sure that some may disagree, but I am going back a number of years on that.

Now TOTV outlawed political debate but allow people to go after others religious beliefs and have them mocked for having a belief.
You cannot mention you might be a democrat or republican but you CAN announce that Catholics are evil or that you are an Atheist.

I read with actual great laughter the thread on TOTV concerning the recent Supreme Court decision. Those who opposed it got ALL, and I mean ALL, of their information from left wing blogs or sites. They do not even know of what they speak. YET, it is allowed on TOTV.

I also read with great laughter at the thread on the sentence given to the infamous guy who had sex on the stage at Sumter Landing. People who have NO IDEA....no idea at all about what might have gone into a PLEA deal almost made this drunken guy a hero. He was sentenced to half of what the state allows for his crime yet he was sympathized with and made out to be such a poor soul.

It harkened me back to the ZImmerman case where the day after the shooting he was tried, convicted and sentenced on TOTV...THE DAY AFTER THE INCIDENT. These same people question a judge who HAS FACTS.

Yes, those two examples would make me a bit conservative and I suppose I am, but I am nowhere closed minded about anything. I hat personal attacks......the ones on this forum relating to Gracie have been stomach turning and disgusting and I dont know the woman at all. I hate people who do not listen......and are quick to judge based on political lines.

Am I judgemental....of course...everybody is, HOWEVER, while we all come to a quick feeling on things when we first hear them, we should not make CONCLUSIONS without listening to facts.

All of this talk leads me to why I am here....TOTV has dwindled to such a handful of people who think they are many, I thought even though this place has a terrible reputation I would try this;

Open conversation....non attack on personalities....discussion of topics, not people.......ability to read and listen.

Lady Lake, FL

#15 Jul 4, 2014
test....I am not that smart and did not realize that I needed to validate my joining which I just did.

I am hoping this will sort of concrete my posts under this name so it is apparent when I post and nobody else.

Lady Lake, FL

#16 Jul 4, 2014
Did not work so if someone would be so kind as to tell me how to do that...ie., have my poster name appear in a different manner so it cannot be used by someone else or it will be apparent.
Thanks

Lady Lake, FL

#17 Jul 4, 2014
got it..thanks
Leon

United States

#18 Jul 4, 2014
First, I have a home in the Villages but also have a summer residence. I was in on the beginning of TOTV. I learned early the forum was a place for new people but those who make it their life are mainly nutballs. And yes it is a very small percentage of Villagers. Best thing I ever did was stop posting except when I have something to sell.

If you like to argue with idiots, by all means keep posting
on TOTV. 90% of communication is body language and tone etc. Much better to meet friends or go to groups where you discuss in person. People can type a great deal of BS that they would never say face to face.

Lady Lake, FL

#19 Jul 4, 2014
Leon wrote:
First, I have a home in the Villages but also have a summer residence. I was in on the beginning of TOTV. I learned early the forum was a place for new people but those who make it their life are mainly nutballs. And yes it is a very small percentage of Villagers. Best thing I ever did was stop posting except when I have something to sell.
If you like to argue with idiots, by all means keep posting
on TOTV. 90% of communication is body language and tone etc. Much better to meet friends or go to groups where you discuss in person. People can type a great deal of BS that they would never say face to face.
Good post. I think you nailed it.

Besides the arguing, I have always been struck by the posters who really believe that they are representative of The Villages, when quite honestly they are the smallest possible segment of Villagers, which you already know.

I, unlink you it appears, do frequent the place. It became part of my reading during the day. I don't post because nobody listens anyway, and the violation of copyright law there is mind ogling !

Lady Lake, FL

#20 Jul 4, 2014
Here is another side to this discussion.

Those who post, even if nonsense, hurt no one but themselves so it is not a big deal. At times I get frustrated with so much misinformation, and honestly think they are a negative force in people deciding to live here.

Frankly, the posts on here..TOPIX...are very disturbing at times. There is never a need to attack a user on a website. It is VIRTUAL and not real, so all that hate is in the head of the hater.
visitor

Lady Lake, FL

#21 Jul 6, 2014
He, under his newest persona, is posting again on TOTV and has become pretty drunk by three in the afternoon. He is FOR something and then later in the day.. or the next day against the same thing. He wants attention so badly, and tomorrow when he reads what he has written and sees what he posted, he will be embarrassed and start drinking again. It is very sad. He is a caring, and sensitive person, who needs attention very badly. But the drinking causes him to be short tempered and unfocused and foolish.. There is no easy answer for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summerfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the fall of america Fri beekeepeer 14
Talk Of The Villages (TOTV) (Jul '14) Jun 24 Justme 355
News Man accused of shooting into home of woman he h... Jun 22 Libby 1
News Rats tear up residents' homes in The Villages Jun 21 Mickey 1
News Prosecutor says punch, not kick, was fatal blow... Jun 21 Muriel 2
Are The Villages the best place to retire in Fl... (Apr '09) Jun 20 predogger 494
Roaches alive and well in local villages restur... Jun 19 Roach 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Summerfield Mortgages