The Villages - Florida's Friendliest Home Town

Oct 3, 2011 Full story: BellaOnline 35

The Villages is a popular retirement community of around 90,000 residents in North Central Florida, between Leesburg and Ocala.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gary

Leesburg, FL

#1 Oct 18, 2011
It is a very popular community....one of best in the country for active adults! Here is an interesting page about the Villages....http://www.village shomes4rent.com/blog/101-inter esting-facts-about-the-village s-fl/

Gary - http://www.villageshomes4rent.com

Since: Jul 10

Leesburg, FL

#2 Oct 18, 2011
It is full of self absorbed Boomers who care nothing about the country or the world they will be leaving to their children and grandchildren.
Village Resident

Lady Lake, FL

#3 Oct 21, 2011
lived here for 7 years and a little dissappointed. All the guys wear velcro snap sneaks, and baseball caps, they also wear cheap stripe shirts from Bells Outlet store. The stripes accentuate the beer guts that they all seem to have.

Most are cheap, always looking for a deal. The ladies are overweight, join all the clubs they can so as to get away from hubby as much as possible.

As previously reported, a lot of sex going on and a problem with STD according to what has been published. If you like to see a lot of Mercury Marquis, Kia and Hyundi cars this is the place to come. Wall to wall old farts, some kinda nasty too.
Mary

Lady Lake, FL

#4 Dec 21, 2011
Veritatis wrote:
It is full of self absorbed Boomers who care nothing about the country or the world they will be leaving to their children and grandchildren.
You obviously don't live here. I am 54 years old and an environmentalist who loves the world and will be passing on a better earth to the younger generation.
Mary

Lady Lake, FL

#5 Dec 21, 2011
Village Resident wrote:
lived here for 7 years and a little dissappointed. All the guys wear velcro snap sneaks, and baseball caps, they also wear cheap stripe shirts from Bells Outlet store. The stripes accentuate the beer guts that they all seem to have.
Most are cheap, always looking for a deal. The ladies are overweight, join all the clubs they can so as to get away from hubby as much as possible.
As previously reported, a lot of sex going on and a problem with STD according to what has been published. If you like to see a lot of Mercury Marquis, Kia and Hyundi cars this is the place to come. Wall to wall old farts, some kinda nasty too.
We all drive golf carts. My Hundai is collecting dust in the garage. The report about STD's was a story written by an individual with NO MEDICAL background. If you speak to any nurse at the Villages Regional Hospital, they will tell you that this is not true. So please stop passing on erroneous info. None of my friends weigh more than 125 lbs and we all socialize WITH our husbands. None of us shop at Bealls. I think you need to get out more
A Villager

Summerfield, FL

#6 Dec 23, 2011
Lived here 10 years. Not friendly anymore. Too big and too crowded. Overpriced homes on tiny lots.
Gary

The Villages, FL

#7 Dec 26, 2011
Why not decide for yourself! Rent a house for a month or so to see if you like The Villages. Check out the by owner websites like http://www.VillagesHomes4Rent.com .
Usually sampling the lifestyle is best for people who want to immerse themselves in the community before actually moving.
jew

Ocala, FL

#8 Dec 28, 2011
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
We all drive golf carts. My Hundai is collecting dust in the garage. The report about STD's was a story written by an individual with NO MEDICAL background. If you speak to any nurse at the Villages Regional Hospital, they will tell you that this is not true. So please stop passing on erroneous info. None of my friends weigh more than 125 lbs and we all socialize WITH our husbands. None of us shop at Bealls. I think you need to get out more
why cant most villagers tip?

Since: Jul 10

United States

#9 Dec 29, 2011
Mary,

Yeah right! You care about the environment so you bought a home in a gated community that is gobbling up farm land, requires that you spray your yard with pesticides and fertilizers that get into the ground water, that imports illegal Mexicans, and supports Republicans who do not oppose the ongoing program of genocide against my people.
an American

Summerfield, FL

#10 Dec 29, 2011
Good post Veritatis. The Villages is the biggest environmental disaster. Only thing that matters is money. And you are right jew. Most don't tip. Many nasty people.
dont bother

Mount Dora, FL

#11 Dec 31, 2011
I hate the villages so much. The area was a lot nicer before it. I really wish all these old stuck up farts that they they are the greatest thing would go back to newyork and leave the south alone.
A Floridian

Summerfield, FL

#12 Jan 1, 2012
Not friendly at all.
Of course Gary and Mark Morse are just using the residents as cash cows.
Made them billions as everything is over priced.
People stay away.
Mary

Lady Lake, FL

#13 Apr 17, 2013
jew wrote:
<quoted text>
why cant most villagers tip?
I always tip 20%. So do all of m friends. I do know several stingy Villages, too and I apologize if they do not tip properly. Waiters and waitresses NEED tips. It's a very hard job.
Mary

Lady Lake, FL

#14 Apr 17, 2013
A Floridian wrote:
Not friendly at all.
Of course Gary and Mark Morse are just using the residents as cash cows.
Made them billions as everything is over priced.
People stay away.
Gary and Mark are great businessmen.. I moved from NYC. now THAT'S overpriced.
Mary

Lady Lake, FL

#15 Apr 17, 2013
Veritatis wrote:
Mary,
Yeah right! You care about the environment so you bought a home in a gated community that is gobbling up farm land, requires that you spray your yard with pesticides and fertilizers that get into the ground water, that imports illegal Mexicans, and supports Republicans who do not oppose the ongoing program of genocide against my people.
I am NOT a Republican. I was a union rep for 20 years and defended workers on many issues.
I do not use pesticides on my home. I use all NATURAL products inside and outside my home.
I put fragrant herbs in my yard which is a natural way to repel insects. i use vinegar and water in my home to clean. All of my cleaning products are made by using a combination of lemons, vinegar and natural fragrances.
I grow basil, rosemary, tomatoes and lemons in my yard. I do a lot more for the enviornment . Too much to mention.
New To Site

Lady Lake, FL

#16 Apr 17, 2013
Wow. Some sad angry people on this site. I live in the villages and absolutely love it. The only reason I can come up with for all the nasty quotes above is just plain old fashioned Jealousy.
JayGeeFL

Lady Lake, FL

#17 Apr 17, 2013
The bubble has burst, concrete, concrete, concrete, not truely the real Florida, no beach, cold winters, tornados, just goes to show, you can sell anything - to anyone -all 90,000 of them .... Nasty people! Try working here, OMG nasty! no way -Evil horrible most of them ... Most have little to no money, but can pretend to be millionaires, hilarious, best part is too proud to admit its not what is given to believe. USA prides itself on liberty, freedom, and the Villages lifestyle prides itself on dictatorship, control and massive financial explotation .. Embarassed to tell 'outsiders' I live here, and when I truelly retire I'M OFF .......... Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Biz Owner

Apopka, FL

#19 Apr 23, 2013
After living in and near the Villages for almost 10 years have noticed that the residents have become an intolerable lot of whining demanding children who live their day by demands and turn the nose up at anything that is not "buy one get one free". Their mantra is "If its free then I DEMAND two of them" and I'll be back tomorrow for more.
I have seen so many small businesses close from these locusts who in order to try to stay in business run coupon after coupon and after they have nothing left to give, the residents simply move on the better feedings elsewhere.

I listen to how they treat the young workers in the area and how they just go on and on with demands and complaints. Its sickening.

Just because you pay amenetities dosent give you the right to act like you are above anyone else..
Bernie

Lady Lake, FL

#20 Apr 23, 2013
Agree. Many not nice people live in the Villages.
Bg Native

Lady Lake, FL

#21 Apr 30, 2013
Veritatis wrote:
It is full of self absorbed Boomers who care nothing about the country or the world they will be leaving to their children and grandchildren.
I served my country 4 years during the Vietnam War, I worked from the time I was 8 on a farm and worked for 40 + years paying taxes and more taxes and have never taken a dime of public assistance. I only graduated high school since all the free money to go to school was not available in the 60's. Even with only that and hard work I was a manger for 30+ years with many college guys working for me. I challenge you to let us know what you have or are doing for this country and anyone other than yourself and fill us in on all your contributions to society and are you on the dole for free anything from society?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summerfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GG is back in full BS mode (Mar '14) 11 hr Peggy 149
Am I Liberal or Conservative Dec 17 Cincinnati Red 56
132 Children executed Dec 17 TOTV member 1
Thank God for the Village News.com Dec 16 The Villager 2 29
Will the "BLUE FLU" hit the NYPD and the rest o... Dec 16 Lobo1 1
Review: All 4 Paws Wildwood Dec 14 The Villager 2 2
shauna rose Dec 12 resident 1
Summerfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Summerfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Summerfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Summerfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:29 pm PST

NFL 3:29PM
Seven injured by lightning strike after Packers-Bucs game
Yahoo! Sports 3:29 PM
Lightning strike in Florida sends fans to hospital after NFL game
Bleacher Report 3:43 PM
Highlights, Recap for Packers vs. Bucs
ESPN 3:53 PM
Seven injured by lightning near Bucs game
Yahoo! Sports 5:46 PM
Packers, Steelers and Cowboys head to playoffs