I am distraught on the Bergdahl release

Posted in the Summerfield Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Verydisappointed

Lady Lake, FL

#1 Jun 4, 2014
I think I have spent the last few days absorbing all that I can from every possible media outlet on the Sgt Bergdahl release and am so upset at my government......

.....The President, for political gain he did not get, violated the law despite what he and his folks say. The look on his own Sen Feinstein was shocking as she expressed her disdain for these actions. Then, we see video from the Taliban showing him to be in good health.

Now add that the very last time the WH discussed this with Congress, they were met with total disagreement from both parties, thus they choose this action.

.....The statements made by Susan Rice harken me back to Benghazi. I sort of felt sorry for her then as I thought the WH set her up, but this is terrible. This man's leaving has been an issue for years and for her to outright lie tells me a lot and REOPENS my suspicions on Benghazi.

.....The entire things smacks of minor league players...of amateurs. NOT ONE person in the WH has ever served and I suppose they thought they would be cheered by the military for this as the President went overseas. A veteran would have reminded them of the sacred oath of duty....the evil of turning your back on your comrades.

I am ignoring his leaving, the disgust his fellow unit members have for him and EVEN the high ranking killers that were turned back to kill. I am ignoring the press that the Taliban is getting pronouncing how they are now recognized by the USA.

I am just so disgusted with this WH after this. All the other scandals become larger now....this is the one for me that pushed me over the edge.
Visitor

Lady Lake, FL

#2 Jun 4, 2014
You don't know all the facts. You can't decide, intelligently, based on what the media reports. without actually being there, we are all in the dark. I'm sure there will be an investigation, and the facts will come to light.
Verydisappointed

Lady Lake, FL

#3 Jun 4, 2014
Visitor wrote:
You don't know all the facts. You can't decide, intelligently, based on what the media reports. without actually being there, we are all in the dark. I'm sure there will be an investigation, and the facts will come to light.
I can appreciate what you say for sure. My problem is, with all these questions circling BEFORE this broke....WHY did our government have that Rose Garden celebration in the first place, and then send out Susan Rice to tell lies ? It just bothers me no end.

Yes....hopefully we will find out all the facts, but so many other things we do not find out. If this was just done with NO CELEBRATION by the President, it would be one thing...and if he had followed the constitution with notification (even a phone call) I might be a bit more comfortable.

I just have this feeling that with all the "near miss" scandals, this might have legs !!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4 Jun 5, 2014
Tell me, when was he tried and convicted?.... Don't let the media, and especially the GOP tell you what to think.....
mickey

Lady Lake, FL

#5 Jun 5, 2014
We don't leave our soldiers behind during war. That is unequivocal. I like what the President had to say about it:

I make absolutely no apologies for making sure that we get back a young man to his parents and that the American people understand that this is somebodyís child and that we donít 'condition' whether or not we make the effort to try to get them back."
Visitor

Lady Lake, FL

#6 Jun 5, 2014
mickey wrote:
We don't leave our soldiers behind during war. That is unequivocal. I like what the President had to say about it:
I make absolutely no apologies for making sure that we get back a young man to his parents and that the American people understand that this is somebodyís child and that we donít 'condition' whether or not we make the effort to try to get them back."
I

I doubt if ANYONE ANYWHERE disagrees with you or anone on this point.

The question is the PRICE, which even his own part on the panel were 100% against, and the celebration in the Rose Garden, since everyone knew there was controversary. Then add the TWO lies that the rep of the WH told on Sunday when asked why the need to totally bypass everyone in congress.

To me, and most, those are the questions !

Since: Feb 14

Lady Lake, FL

#7 Jun 5, 2014
They got 5 Taliban leaders, we got one trader weasel
OBAMA
TRADING PRIVATE BERGDOL, COMING OUT SOON!
Verydisappointed

Lady Lake, FL

#8 Jun 5, 2014
I am with Visitor on this.

NOBODY that I am aware of wanted NO action on Sgt Bergdahl. NOBODY that I am aware of disagreed with action to get him back.

When you hear that the even the Democratic members of the panel, in secrecy two years ago were ALL against this swap, and then you hear that they were all bypassed and despite the law, it was done anyway, it just has to give you pause.

Add the lies told on the Sunday shows by the WH and the absolute celebration in the Rose Garden....wow......it is overwhelming actually !
Visitor

Lady Lake, FL

#9 Jun 5, 2014
The lies by the White House ? You act like that is something new. All administrations including the Bush dynasty, have spun the facts to suit their PR needs. It's called politics. "Mission Accomplished ".
Verydisappointed

Lady Lake, FL

#10 Jun 5, 2014
Visitor wrote:
The lies by the White House ? You act like that is something new. All administrations including the Bush dynasty, have spun the facts to suit their PR needs. It's called politics. "Mission Accomplished ".
You are obviously not a student of history that is not manufactured by political parties !!!

No fact spun in this situation...none whatsoever, but if you feel what you said, you would not be aware of that either.

You are aware that Democrats are infuriated as well.....read Sen Feinstein, a backer of Obama for years....she is angry at the lies and deception. She is a staunch Democrat.

Read what is really going on. I have read both of the spin factory releases from BOTH parties and frankly, they all agree on the facts. The lies were told by Susan Rice. Did you see them ?
Verydisappointed

Lady Lake, FL

#11 Jun 5, 2014
By the way, if this conversation is going to be reduced to the HATE crap and bash Bush (AFTER BEING OUT OF OFFICE FOR SIX YEARS) I am out of here.

Discuss facts or just stop posting

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12 Jun 5, 2014
Verydisappointed wrote:
By the way, if this conversation is going to be reduced to the HATE crap and bash Bush (AFTER BEING OUT OF OFFICE FOR SIX YEARS) I am out of here.
Discuss facts or just stop posting
GM POSTS BEST MONTH IN 6 YEARS, RECALL OR NO Associated Press (6-4-14).....
mickey

Lady Lake, FL

#13 Jun 5, 2014
Mission Accomplished. That's funny. That has to be the deception of all time.
Verydisappointed

Lady Lake, FL

#14 Jun 5, 2014
mickey wrote:
Mission Accomplished. That's funny. That has to be the deception of all time.
I am outa here...you folks have no conception of real life. You are living in the past.

Have a nice evening...I like discussion, not fantasy
Visitor

Lady Lake, FL

#15 Jun 6, 2014
You want your conservative agenda - fine - take it elsewhere.
Verydisappointed

Lady Lake, FL

#16 Jun 6, 2014
Visitor wrote:
You want your conservative agenda - fine - take it elsewhere.
Your assumptions about my political leaning shows your obvious lack of what is happening.

Your intolerance also reflects why this site has such a reputation.
Verydisappointed

Lady Lake, FL

#17 Jun 6, 2014
One more, and LAST thing.....I was warned to ignore this website because it is populated with folks who KNOW NOTHING about current events and simply lurk to bash others with vitrol.

There is a difference, and a large one between DISAGREEING with someone and spewing hate with no facts or basis for that hate..just hate.

I felt that maybe this forum would serve as some discussion place on an adult level but alas.......

as someone who helped vote the current administration in twice, and as an a veteran american I am astounded by the reaction to my post.

I decided not to enroll before I saw who may be on this forum, and glad I did not. The warnings I received about posting here were right on target.

To those who frequent this place simply to spew hate, I wish you only the best. Someday, maybe somebody with some intelligence and an adult may post here.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#18 Jun 6, 2014
Wait....wait....One more, double secret probation, last thing.....
mickey

Lady Lake, FL

#19 Jun 6, 2014
Verydisappointed wrote:
By the way, if this conversation is going to be reduced to the HATE crap and bash Bush (AFTER BEING OUT OF OFFICE FOR SIX YEARS) I am out of here.
Discuss facts or just stop posting
The fact was Bush did mislead and lie to the public and congress when he said "Mission accomplished". I'm sorry you feel that was hateful and Bush bashing, but it was a fact. If facts like that bother you, you are correct, this is not a forum you should participate in.
Visited

Hinsdale, IL

#20 Jun 6, 2014
I agree with president Obama.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summerfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GG is back in full BS mode (Mar '14) 6 hr Mary 150
Am I Liberal or Conservative Dec 17 Cincinnati Red 56
132 Children executed Dec 17 TOTV member 1
Thank God for the Village News.com Dec 16 The Villager 2 29
Will the "BLUE FLU" hit the NYPD and the rest o... Dec 16 Lobo1 1
Review: All 4 Paws Wildwood Dec 14 The Villager 2 2
shauna rose Dec 12 resident 1
Summerfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Summerfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Summerfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Summerfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:46 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 5:46PM
Packers, Steelers and Cowboys head to playoffs
Bleacher Report 8:10 AM
Packers Defense Was Thunderous vs. the Bucs
NBC Sports10:25 AM
Jaguars' Marks hopes coaches, colleagues get him to Pro Bowl - NBC Sports
ESPN10:48 AM
Jaguars DE Marks: I deserve Pro Bowl nod
NBC Sports11:09 AM
Sen'Derrick Marks: Pro Bowl balloting is BS if I don't make it