Contract or not, they want their mone...

Contract or not, they want their money returned -- House and Ho...

There are 10 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 29, 2008, titled Contract or not, they want their money returned -- House and Ho.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

It's good to be back on your Home Front after two weeks on my home front, during which I managed to avoid any home-improvement projects -- much to the relief of everyone in the home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

wolf winter garden

Lincoln, NE

#1 Mar 29, 2008
I WONDER IF SOMEONE COULD START A SITE IN FLORIDA WITH THE NAMES OF THE PEOPLE AND THE COMPANIES,WHETHER OR NOT THEY STILL EXIST,LIST WITH ALL THE NAMES ON IT SO PEOPLE CAN DO A LITTLE BACKGROUND CHECK ON THESE COMPANIES AND PEOPLE, SO INNOCENT PEOPLE DON'T HAVE TO GO THRU ALL THIS JUNK!!! I KNOW GREGG DAWSON WILL HAVE LESS WORK,BUT IT SURE SEEMS TO ME THAT THIS HAPPENS QUITE A LOT HERE IN FLORIDA. IT SEEMS THE PEOPLE OR THE BUSINESSES NEVER REALLY ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE!! WHY NOT DO THIS? WOULDN'T IT HELP IN THE LONG RUN? JUST WONDERING.
Another Miller victim

Lynbrook, NY

#2 Mar 29, 2008
The contractors who are supposed to be paid by Miller better keep him in sight. Skylyn Constuction's phone number has been disconnected. Further, Miller's house is up for sale. Miller and his previous companies: Cerami Shield, Five Star Vending, Markland Group,Site Selectors, Breaktime Vending, Century Placements, Martel and Intertech Systems have been ripping off people throughout the country for years. Each Company goes out of business after scores of people are robbed. Up until last year, Miller and his companies ripped people off using phoney vending machne franchise scams. In 2002 Miller was Court ordered to pay back his victims but then filed for bankruptcy and never paid back a dime but managed to own a home in Maitland in a gaited community as well as 2 BMWS. He then went on to rob more people througout the country. I am aware of at least 20 victims who lost over 300 grand to Miller. One of his favorite scams was to tell people he would place vending machines on an air force base and after he was paid (in one case 85,000.00), he would give the names of nonexistent air force personnel to contact. By the time, victims realize that it was a scam, Miller would pack up and move and form a new company. The victims would not even get the vending machines never mind the sites that were promised. One of the companies, Five Star Vending was put in his wife's name, Pamela Miller. He even used her Maiden name Pamela Trauger as registered agent for the same corporation. It is really sad that this person is not in jail since he will continue to wipe out his victims life savings while Florida officials sit back and watch. Miller is originally from Michigan where he did time and obviously moved to Florida since he knows he can evade prosecution there. You can bet that Miller is now forming a new company that may be in his wife's maiden name or one of his many aliases such as Kyle Young, Mike Zuckerman, Jim Evens, Robert Evens etc. I was previosly advised by the State of Florda that Miiler would not be prosecuted afer he stole 16 grand from me since it was a "civil matter" even though I never received a single vending machine I paid for and Miller simply pocketed the money. It appears that grand larceny and fraud are legal in the sunshine state.
Another Miller victim

Lynbrook, NY

#3 Mar 29, 2008
wolf winter garden wrote:
I WONDER IF SOMEONE COULD START A SITE IN FLORIDA WITH THE NAMES OF THE PEOPLE AND THE COMPANIES,WHETHER OR NOT THEY STILL EXIST,LIST WITH ALL THE NAMES ON IT SO PEOPLE CAN DO A LITTLE BACKGROUND CHECK ON THESE COMPANIES AND PEOPLE, SO INNOCENT PEOPLE DON'T HAVE TO GO THRU ALL THIS JUNK!!! I KNOW GREGG DAWSON WILL HAVE LESS WORK,BUT IT SURE SEEMS TO ME THAT THIS HAPPENS QUITE A LOT HERE IN FLORIDA. IT SEEMS THE PEOPLE OR THE BUSINESSES NEVER REALLY ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE!! WHY NOT DO THIS? WOULDN'T IT HELP IN THE LONG RUN? JUST WONDERING.
Ripoff.com is helpful since compaints are posted immediately. You can find a lot of complaints concerning Mark Miller and his many companies on there. Better Business Bureau is a joke since they take over 6 months or more to post complaints. By the time complaints are posted, the Company is gone such as the way Miller operates. For example, a search of skylyn construction in BBB's website reveals that no complaints have been filed and now skylyn's number is disconnected. check back with BBB in 6 months and you will see complaints. But that will be too late since he has already moved on to a new scam.
Another Miller victim

Lynbrook, NY

#4 Mar 29, 2008
I am happy for the Roaches but what about the rest of his victims?. Apparently, Mark Miller only came through since the media was involved. Miller who seems to have no fear of law enforcement has yet to make any restitution to his vending machine scam victims.
Long Wood

Sebring, FL

#5 Mar 29, 2008
Amazing how Bob & Stacy Cherry, owners of Florida Exteriors suddenly got "a heart" and returned the money when Greg Dawson got in contact
Michael

Orlando, FL

#6 Mar 29, 2008
I have friend that is out money to what can we do, to prevent this and or laws need to be made so these home owenrs don't get taken and are able to get thier money back.

This is the worse state for being taken, even when homeowners do evertyhing they can to make sure they hired the right person.
OneVoice3

Winter Springs, FL

#7 Mar 29, 2008
Yes that is a very good web sight, but not always reliable. I had someone post a complaint about my Credit Union, and I remembered the person that made this complaint, while the gist of her post was correct, the response she stated of the Credut Union was 100% wrong. I responded in behalf of the CU but it was never posted. So please keep in in mind that some of the post on Ripoff.com may be very onesided.
Another Miller victim wrote:
<quoted text>
Ripoff.com is helpful since compaints are posted immediately. You can find a lot of complaints concerning Mark Miller and his many companies on there. Better Business Bureau is a joke since they take over 6 months or more to post complaints. By the time complaints are posted, the Company is gone such as the way Miller operates. For example, a search of skylyn construction in BBB's website reveals that no complaints have been filed and now skylyn's number is disconnected. check back with BBB in 6 months and you will see complaints. But that will be too late since he has already moved on to a new scam.
OneVoice3

Winter Springs, FL

#8 Mar 29, 2008
Riddle me this batman:

Why don't people do a little sleuthing? Ask for addresses to references for past work done. If they are not willing to give addresses and phone numbers then stay far away from them.

I did this in Nebraska (years ago), and the Contractor "Jack Butler" happily gave us addresses to his past jobs. He did a phenomenal job n our kitchen, basement, bathroom and stunning deck.
Consumer

Carrollton, TX

#9 Mar 29, 2008
Long Wood wrote:
Amazing how Bob & Stacy Cherry, owners of Florida Exteriors suddenly got "a heart" and returned the money when Greg Dawson got in contact
And it's amazing how you can judge then when you have no idea what the situation really is.
Fl Sunshine

Lansing, KS

#11 Apr 9, 2008
It's interesting that when you go to myflorida.org to check the license number of Mark Miller (found on his old site) that it is assigned to another person in Orlando. My inlaws were ripped off by Miller as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summerfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A trip to Flavortown: Inside Guy Fieri's Americ... Oct 15 sammy 2
Holes in screening Oct 15 ferb 2
Who else had a bisexual wife? (Jul '14) Oct 14 Jill 41
Villagers go home (Dec '10) Oct 11 Lanai Lou 6
Perk Med Spa Oct 11 JUDY 6
Talk Of The Villages (TOTV) (Jul '14) Oct 10 Gracie Girl 683
Tammy.....which Circle K you at baby? Oct 7 PerformanceEnhancer 1

Summerfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance