Talk Of The Villages (TOTV)

Talk Of The Villages (TOTV)

Posted in the Summerfield Forum

First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#1 Jul 22, 2014
Getting ready to explain what TOTV is all about to include the supporting contractors and regular posters. I have been a member of TOTV for 7 years so this thread will be informative. My hopes are that others in my position will step up to testify also. I, as promised to TOTV will wait till tomorrow, giving them one more change to reopen my TOTV account. I like the site, but if I can't post there, I will post here.

Lou

Since: Jul 14

Lady Lake, FL

#2 Jul 23, 2014
The Villager 2 wrote:
Getting ready to explain what TOTV is all about to include the supporting contractors and regular posters. I have been a member of TOTV for 7 years so this thread will be informative. My hopes are that others in my position will step up to testify also. I, as promised to TOTV will wait till tomorrow, giving them one more change to reopen my TOTV account. I like the site, but if I can't post there, I will post here.
Lou
Might it not be important to explain why TOTV will not allow you to post there ?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#3 Jul 23, 2014
My mouth gets me in trouble over there. I like to tell it like it is. Some sensitive group members report me to admin so much they have to do something.

Since: Jul 14

Lady Lake, FL

#4 Jul 23, 2014
The Villager 2 wrote:
My mouth gets me in trouble over there. I like to tell it like it is. Some sensitive group members report me to admin so much they have to do something.
Everyone will be waiting for your in depth, unbiased, well documented report !!
Moe

Teaneck, NJ

#5 Jul 23, 2014
Looking to buy in the Villages. Is there a hard sales pitch that we have to attend?

Since: Jul 14

Lady Lake, FL

#6 Jul 23, 2014
Moe wrote:
Looking to buy in the Villages. Is there a hard sales pitch that we have to attend?
It is anything but here. If you want to visit with a salesperson,thats fine....if not...enjoy your stay. This is, not just about, but the lowest key sales you will ever see.

Reason is, it does not need any selling. Hard to describe. Rent a place for a week or use one of The Villages little visits (and there is absolutely no sales pressure at all), and while you are here, stop Villagers and talk to them....they know and will be happy to talk to you about it.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#7 Jul 24, 2014
Moe wrote:
Looking to buy in the Villages. Is there a hard sales pitch that we have to attend?
No hard sale from the Villages sales office. The off site independent realities are no different than anywhere else.
You will love it here.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#8 Jul 24, 2014
Moe wrote:
Looking to buy in the Villages. Is there a hard sales pitch that we have to attend?
You will get better information about the villages on talkofthevillages.com

Beware of posters with thousands of posts, as they tend to be a bit weird. Look for those that have 4 or 5 hundred posts with several years in the villages for accurate information.
Most important, many on this site have been banned from TOTV and are biased because of that. Note the posts above by dusty, they are trollers. And can be found on both sites with an intent to start trouble. There is a poster on TOTV 2BNTV that has been around for years and although very weird, he is always very honest.
Lou

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#9 Jul 24, 2014
Once again I have been banned from TOTV. Admin on TOTV has been been professional and is going by what their monitors tell them. The problem for me is the monitors follow the wishes of Gracie and her brain dead cult members. When I went on as 44Ruger, very soon, I began getting harassing PM's and even posts on the site about her suspicions that I was Golfingnut. She was correct, SO, I kept my posts neutral, but she sent out the Kill notice to her cult and then they joined her in the kill assault. Once on Gracie's kill list, it is only a matter of time. I went to Admin with a request to speed up my account. They responded asking for my Name, Phone no. and Address. I gave it to them, not as an alias, but as the real Golfingnut. Banned again. Keep in mind 44RUGER did not post anything worthy of banning.

NOTE: It is not what I post, it is WHO I AM, and that is anyone Gracie don't like. Beware of the professional gossiping Bitch and her Cult. Most of her cult claim Christianity, but they practice the dark side.

I love TOTV and it is a wonderful and beneficial site.
TOTV Admin has a great set of rules to follow.
The monitors in an effort to make their job easy, apply the rules to many, but never to Gracie and never to those on her Cult list.

Stay tuned for updates

Love, Lou

Since: Jul 14

Lady Lake, FL

#10 Jul 24, 2014
The Villager 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You will get better information about the villages on talkofthevillages.com
Beware of posters with thousands of posts, as they tend to be a bit weird. Look for those that have 4 or 5 hundred posts with several years in the villages for accurate information.
Most important, many on this site have been banned from TOTV and are biased because of that. Note the posts above by dusty, they are trollers. And can be found on both sites with an intent to start trouble. There is a poster on TOTV 2BNTV that has been around for years and although very weird, he is always very honest.
Lou
So, you start by calling me a troll for no apparent reason that I can see.

Well, I have NEVER been banned by TOTV, never criticized you on here or there, HOWEVER I am wondering why you call me a troll. That might be a start.

I DO, however, know about you and would be glad to share now that you have deemed me a troll.

I sure do not know who you expect to read this, but if all you are going to do is call people names, you will become entertainment once again instead of a poster.

Thanks for a good start

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#11 Jul 24, 2014
I never started by calling you a troll, I said it after your sarcastic comment early on. You know I never said or indicated that I would provide an
UNBIASED WELL DOCUMENTED REPORT.
My opinions are biased just like yours and every human on earth. Again, I speak the truth. I do not use sarcasm like you, therefore, you are a TROLL. You want to talk like an adult, I'm here, if you want to use childish word games, you can go play in a sand box where you belong.

Love as always
Lou
Visitor

Ocala, FL

#12 Jul 24, 2014
Gracie and Kitty are part time moderators.
This explains many thread closings and post removals.
If you have not noticed, participation in TOTV has dropped considerably in the past year.
People get tired of the "click" mentality there.
One day the administrator will realize this.
Tip: turn off the PM capability, in your profile.

Since: Jul 14

Lady Lake, FL

#13 Jul 24, 2014
The Villager 2 wrote:
I never started by calling you a troll, I said it after your sarcastic comment early on. You know I never said or indicated that I would provide an
UNBIASED WELL DOCUMENTED REPORT.
My opinions are biased just like yours and every human on earth. Again, I speak the truth. I do not use sarcasm like you, therefore, you are a TROLL. You want to talk like an adult, I'm here, if you want to use childish word games, you can go play in a sand box where you belong.
Love as always
Lou
At least you are honest about the fact that everything you say is simply your opinion and should not be confused with facts !!! I thank you for that so we know at least what you will be delivering.

Will you share what the reason for your dismissal given to you by TOTV ?

I know nothing of this inner world of TOTV so all of this is a mystery to me. You are saying, for NO reason other than your past...with NO actions taken by you, one poster got a bunch of other posters to write to admin or moderators to have you removed. Then, because of this, and due to your reputation only, and nothing else you were removed.

Not being privy to your conversations with TOTV admin or moderators, which must be extensive nor knowing about who said what to whom.....just wondering how you know all of this about posters complaining. Did they tell you that Gracie, etc had written ? Did someone else tell you ?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#14 Jul 24, 2014
You asked a lot, so I will try to answer in bullet form.

I have been banned several times - always my fault.

TOTV Admin is fare and tolerant.

Gracie and her Cult have an agenda of only warm and fuzzy. No truth.

It is easy for the Monitors to make judgement on what Gracie and Cult say is or is not acceptable, so they do.

FACT: If Admin would ban folks on current or future actions, TOTV would grow very fast.

Right now, there are a large number of past members that simply will not participate on TOTV due to Gracie.

Gracie and her Cult only number about 25, yet are responsible for hundreds of people dropping away. With there 10's of thousands of posts, they constantly berate new member if they post anything contrary to Gracie's agenda. Her group is careful not to go over the rules of the forum line. I say, harsh truth is more acceptable than smart butt sarcasm.

Go on TOTV and just insinuate that you are a Democrat or an atheist. The Cult will surround you with insults till you vanish. Note when you do, Gracie will only make one post showing her disapproval and then the Cult takes over.

So, believing that THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE, that is now my mission.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#15 Jul 24, 2014
In an attempt to show my qualification to say what I say about TOTV, is that I have been a member even before Gracie. There were many back in the early days when there was a Political forum that could put Gracie in here place with the approval of the Owners at that time. I.e. Tony and Jan.
When the current management came on board, the decision was made to do away political.

That gave Gracie a stronger voice in what could or could not be posted.

That caused a few of us to be banned and a large amount to just say goodbye.

FACT: Put the control back under management and that would be cause and effect to both stifle Gracie and cause her Cult to be on the same platform with the rest of TOTV.

Since: Jul 14

Lady Lake, FL

#16 Jul 24, 2014
The Villager 2 wrote:
You asked a lot, so I will try to answer in bullet form.
I have been banned several times - always my fault.
TOTV Admin is fare and tolerant.
Gracie and her Cult have an agenda of only warm and fuzzy. No truth.
It is easy for the Monitors to make judgement on what Gracie and Cult say is or is not acceptable, so they do.
FACT: If Admin would ban folks on current or future actions, TOTV would grow very fast.
Right now, there are a large number of past members that simply will not participate on TOTV due to Gracie.
Gracie and her Cult only number about 25, yet are responsible for hundreds of people dropping away. With there 10's of thousands of posts, they constantly berate new member if they post anything contrary to Gracie's agenda. Her group is careful not to go over the rules of the forum line. I say, harsh truth is more acceptable than smart butt sarcasm.
Go on TOTV and just insinuate that you are a Democrat or an atheist. The Cult will surround you with insults till you vanish. Note when you do, Gracie will only make one post showing her disapproval and then the Cult takes over.
So, believing that THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE, that is now my mission.
A lot of what you say is based on your information of which I have none.

HOWEVER, there are many many many...I mean tons of liberal open democratic posters on TOTV. A BIG BUNCH.

EWEISSENBACH
BUGGYONE
REDWITCH
JANMCN
TENNISNUT

Just to name a few that are pretty open about it. There are many more if I think on it.

So your statement on Democrats is very far from the truth. If anything those folks are some of the most aggressive posters relative to anything remotely political. TOTV has NEVER been a board that was either left or right at anytime. From the beginning when the horse debate began political discussion, it has been pretty mixed. My memory is flawed, but remembering a lot of Democratic posters being LOUD and CLEAR on the political board.

Since: Jul 14

Lady Lake, FL

#17 Jul 24, 2014
The more I think about it, the more balanced TOTV has been and continues to be relative to right versus left.

I always felt the right more informed and intelligent in their posts, but that is simply opinion. There are many aggressive left wing posters. If you actually read posts, the subject does not matter; you can determine which way they lean.

Since: Jul 14

Lady Lake, FL

#18 Jul 24, 2014
Beyond the political part of your post, I am still a bit confused about some things you said. And remember, I have no inside information thus all my questions. I never realilzed that things as you describe go on.

Those I mentioned quickly as being left leaning in my opinion, have many posts made which you said was the dangerous group. Are they part of Gracie's posse as you call them ? Seems to fly in the face of your statements but maybe I misunderstood.
Moe

Teaneck, NJ

#19 Jul 24, 2014
Dusty123 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is anything but here. If you want to visit with a salesperson,thats fine....if not...enjoy your stay. This is, not just about, but the lowest key sales you will ever see.
Reason is, it does not need any selling. Hard to describe. Rent a place for a week or use one of The Villages little visits (and there is absolutely no sales pressure at all), and while you are here, stop Villagers and talk to them....they know and will be happy to talk to you about it.
Thank you. I appreciate your response. We are planning to stay for 4 days in October. Called the Villages office and they were very nice. Just didn't want to have to sit through a long sales pitch. I want to be able to ride around and visit on our own. Thanks.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#20 Jul 24, 2014
Your right dusty. Maybe I am too hard on Gracie and her cult when it comes to Democrats. I think it is just the gang mentality she keeps using to get me stirred up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summerfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
help wanted Sep 26 jkmills 1
News STDs Running Rampant In Retirement Community (May '06) Sep 23 Lucky Larry 116
Trouble At Stonecrest (Oct '12) Sep 21 Jack 35
Help me find long lost friend! Sep 19 bats2 1
News Sexual tension fills the air, and the police lo... Sep 18 RuffnReddy 3
the villages star golf carts what a joke (Aug '14) Sep 18 Village Monkey 21
News In the end, homeowner probably didn't go up a b... (Feb '08) Jul '15 gary 60

Summerfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Summerfield Mortgages