Infant Killed By Python In Sumter County

Jul 1, 2009 Full story: WFTV 13

A Sumter County infant was killed when a pet python wrapped around his neck and strangled him Wednesday morning.

Full Story
sad

Bolingbrook, IL

#1 Jul 1, 2009
Some people are just plain dumb. Any parent with any common sense/love for their child would never have a dangerous "pet" like this in the home, let alone 2 like these people did. Of course any home can have potential for danger but this is just blatant disregard for the safety of a child. They truly should be punished for this.
truth hurts

Dunedin, FL

#2 Jul 1, 2009
This is your typical FL white trash. And what are two adults doing still asleep at 9:30am? No one works? Charges need to be filed against the two rednecks. Dumb and dumber.
Bubbles

Laguna Beach, CA

#3 Jul 2, 2009
Stupid white trash Jerry Springer rejects. Had that snake been fed properly, he wouldn't have attacked that poor baby.

But I blame Mom for all this. I wouldn't allow ANY snake in the house with my children. They must both be tweekers. White trash!
sad wrote:
Some people are just plain dumb. Any parent with any common sense/love for their child would never have a dangerous "pet" like this in the home, let alone 2 like these people did. Of course any home can have potential for danger but this is just blatant disregard for the safety of a child. They truly should be punished for this.
Murphy

Norfolk, VA

#4 Jul 3, 2009
It takes a special kind of idiot to keep a dangerous animal like that around small children .
STANFORD

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Jul 3, 2009
when i first heard the early CNN news, my first thoughts was White Trash

the keeping of these types of snakes in the US, is predominately a white trash thing

good point on them still sleeping at 9:30 AM

fk, any parent with a dangerous snake in the home should have their kids taken away
truth hurts

Dunedin, FL

#6 Jul 8, 2009
Well central Florida is loaded with homegrown white trash, they are a "different breed".

BTW the "mother" is knocked up again. I guess the father is the idiot snake owner.
Robinson Toronto CANADA

Toronto, Canada

#7 Jul 10, 2009
It is a tragedy that the little girl was killed by the family pet snake. But it was an accident. The mother and boyfriend can not be held accountable. This was a terrible, terrible accident. We should pray for the family to help them through this tragedy. I pray that God will help ease their pain.
I pray for all the family and friends who are suffering through this loss of their little girl. May God Bless you all and help ease your pain.
Bubbles

Laguna Beach, CA

#8 Jul 18, 2009
What's a Canadian?
Robinson Toronto CANADA wrote:
It is a tragedy that the little girl was killed by the family pet snake. But it was an accident. The mother and boyfriend can not be held accountable. This was a terrible, terrible accident. We should pray for the family to help them through this tragedy. I pray that God will help ease their pain.
I pray for all the family and friends who are suffering through this loss of their little girl. May God Bless you all and help ease your pain.
8th Degree

United States

#9 Jul 23, 2009
Thou this sad & up setting there are other snakes in the area.

Masking other issues through out fl..
Instead of reviwing, creating or moding laws to keep dangerous snakes out of homes.

Decided to jump on option for photo op.
There are snakes of these kinds in the Everglades.

But it would seem to me fixing the flooding issue keeping things like these snakes, gators, mold and virus's would have more impact.

http://blogto2010.blogspot.com/
oops

Dyersburg, TN

#10 Sep 9, 2013
oh my lord
jblum

Lady Lake, FL

#11 Sep 14, 2013
to Canada: Yeah, it was an accident all right. Like dropping your infant off a bridge would be an accident. The parents are directly responsible and should go to prison.
nicee

Fitzgerald, GA

#12 Sep 17, 2013
Yrs ago I lived n Wildwood fla.a lady I knew mom kept a bigsnake I told her when I was around have her mom keep it n its cage. She said OK then one day while were over there visiting. There grass was high she told me hurry up on d pouch that they had lost the snake n the yard. I recall thinking to myself what Adum ass grand mom to have that kind of pet.what a big risk to take with her little grandkids.I guess pot heads think by having odd pets it makes em look cool.etc
Sarah

Lady Lake, FL

#13 Sep 21, 2013
Here's a link to the full story, 911 call, etc. Mom should go to jail.
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/burmese-python-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summerfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 41 min TQW 2,509
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 14 hr feliciano 2,976
Talk Of The Villages (TOTV) 19 hr Visitor 124
Euthanasia Sun The Villager 2 2
Fox or MSNBC Sep 19 Visitor 12
hi Sep 14 bigdaddy9669 1
Who else had a bisexual wife? Sep 13 kat 4
•••
•••
•••

Summerfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••