Are The Villages the best place to re...
Visitor

Lady Lake, FL

#438 May 11, 2014
As long as the B ---- is gone. The world will be a better place without her nasty posts.
Another Happy Villager

Kissimmee, FL

#439 May 29, 2014
So far the villages is great for us. Old farts should be able to party their asses off. The older gentlemen got it made here sex wise. I hope I can please women when I reach my eighties.

“Just my opinion”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#440 Jun 17, 2014
Genie Janie wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no doubt that you have worked hard all your life, and are to be truly commended for it. My question is not an accusatory one, but one of practicality.
I know danged well with the government doing what it's doing that I may not get any of my social security when it comes time. So my question is not for you, but for me and mine. Is there work available part time while we are still alive. The young folks are getting increasingly turned against the elders by the stupidity of the government and liberal progressives.
I don't get it. Isn't it the GOP that want to end SS ? Are you that brainwashed? You are blaming the liberals but it has been the GOP all along wanting to end ss. You really are embarrassing yourself.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#441 Jun 18, 2014
Anyone in the Villages, had their identity stolen?
visitor

Lady Lake, FL

#442 Jun 18, 2014
Another Happy Villager wrote:
So far the villages is great for us. Old farts should be able to party their asses off. The older gentlemen got it made here sex wise. I hope I can please women when I reach my eighties.
And we will all hope your wife doesn't catch you.
meredith

Lady Lake, FL

#443 Jun 18, 2014
There are many great places to retire. Seems everybody loves the place they pick to retire. The Villages are not for me.
Mickey

Lady Lake, FL

#444 Jun 18, 2014
meredith wrote:
There are many great places to retire. Seems everybody loves the place they pick to retire. The Villages are not for me.
I agree. We happen to live in The Villages, and like a lot of things about it, particularly our friends and activities, but not all things. Nothing is ever perfect, but we're enjoying our retirement there.
Another Happy Villager

Kissimmee, FL

#445 Jun 18, 2014
visitor wrote:
<quoted text>
And we will all hope your wife doesn't catch you.
Catch me? She usually watches and joins in. Having a bi wife has it's privileges.
Village Monkey

Tampa, FL

#446 Jun 19, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Anyone in the Villages, had their identity stolen?
No. Just my dignity.LOL.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#447 Jun 20, 2014
Village Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Just my dignity.LOL.
There was a news segment down here, about a WPB woman stealing the identity and ripping off many people there.....It's a crime, many victims are reluctant to discuss.....
Bill

Wildwood, FL

#448 Jun 29, 2014
Spruce Creek Resident wrote:
<quoted text>Too crowded, BONDS in the thousands with every new home, many old farts, some very mean, very thrifty people always ordering water with luch or dinner, cheap tippers, men always wear white sneaks and cheap looking multi stripe shirts from Bells Outlet - the (.99 specials, many early birders looking for a cheap meal at 3PM, most are pushy and forgot what please and thank you salutations are for. Many from NYC and Long Island complete with dilect and attitude, most drive a Mercury Marquis, the official oldfartmobile and you can go to the Town Square evry night and see the worse fcking dancing you will ever witness. Other than that it is a great place. Moving to Florida, move to the beach area, Clearwater, St Pete Beach. The Villages is Gods Waiting Room.
You a a old nasty fool. Where did you come from, Ohio, Indiana , Wisconsin ? Go take your meds an enjoy your stonecrest.
Mike

Miami, FL

#450 Jul 29, 2014
I am a 57 yr old white male marrie to a wome who is Carmel complected and mightappea Black he is hispanic. I want to move in the ot skirts the Villages, but spend alot o time n the Villages Will I have problem ?(racism etc...)

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#451 Jul 29, 2014
The Villages has it's share of prejudice residents, but I have not witnessed any out right racisum. This place is 98% white, so I would not call it a mixed comunity! but again! there are enough folks here that will not allow overt racisum.

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#452 Jul 29, 2014
Mike wrote:
I am a 57 yr old white male marrie to a wome who is Carmel complected and mightappea Black he is hispanic. I want to move in the ot skirts the Villages, but spend alot o time n the Villages Will I have problem ?(racism etc...)
Only if you cart your carmel colored wife around with you. The Villagers will think you're hanging with one of their landscapers.

Also, 57 is a bit young for The Villages. I suggest keeping Carmelita close to one of the coasts where folks are a little less cliquish.

“always”

Ticklaw

#453 Jul 29, 2014
The Villager 2 wrote:
The Villages has it's share of prejudice residents, but I have not witnessed any out right racisum. This place is 98% white, so I would not call it a mixed comunity! but again! there are enough folks here that will not allow overt racisum.
One of the hotspots is named McCalls, might be coincidental but it's still shameful given the history of that name in the area.
mickey

Lady Lake, FL

#454 Jul 29, 2014
Bernie wrote:
We have lived in the Villages for years. We love the clubs and having everything so near. It is so big that you always find people from your hometown and with your interests. However, we are looking at other places because we wish the homes weren't so close together, with so much traffic and we need an indoor pool. Place we are looking at has a fitness center, indoor pool included in a very low amenity fee which includes your trash pick-up. You get a better built home with a great view for less money.(plus walking trail) The Villages is a good place but not for everybody.
Bernie, you are right. The Villages has more activities than any other retirement community, but if activities aren't your main focus, then the Villages won't suit your lifestyle. The homes here are close together, and there is no indoor pool. Although they do keep the pools heated in the winter, and you can always go early in the morning to avoid the sun, so I don't see that as a biggie. The amenity fees are about on par with what other communities offer. Good luck in your search.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#455 Jul 29, 2014
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>One of the hotspots is named McCalls, might be coincidental but it's still shameful given the history of that name in the area.
Willis Virgil McCall
He was a real peach of a guy. This area is notorious for rasisum and now for a high count of Tea Party members.

“always”

Ticklaw

#456 Jul 29, 2014
The Villager 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Willis Virgil McCall
He was a real peach of a guy. This area is notorious for rasisum and now for a high count of Tea Party members.
I knew him, a little, and others of that stripe. Those were different days, not all bad but definitely different. Prior to becoming Sheriff he was a Agriculture Agent, always on the government dole and his was a tough job back then but he had his ways and he was mouthy, real mouthy.
Tom

Lady Lake, FL

#457 Aug 5, 2014
BRING LOTS OF MONEY
Joe

New York, NY

#458 Aug 26, 2014
So please tell me honestly....how is the golf on the championship courses...is it easy to book a tee time ...especially during January - April , when the snow birds arrive...I'm very worried about that...THANK YOU

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summerfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talk Of The Villages (TOTV) (Jul '14) 18 min Justme 492
help wanted 17 hr jkmills 1
News STDs Running Rampant In Retirement Community (May '06) Sep 23 Lucky Larry 116
Trouble At Stonecrest (Oct '12) Sep 21 Jack 35
Help me find long lost friend! Sep 19 bats2 1
News Sexual tension fills the air, and the police lo... Sep 18 RuffnReddy 3
the villages star golf carts what a joke (Aug '14) Sep 18 Village Monkey 21

Summerfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Summerfield Mortgages