Are The Villages the best place to re...
Good Post

Lady Lake, FL

#214 Apr 8, 2013
Mike wrote:
Visited once and that was enough for me. I like living in the real world with real people of various ages. I like big open green parks and spaces between different styles of homes. I like the 4 seasons.
Living in the Villages would be hell to me.
For us, The Villages is perfect as we like being around folks our own age. Being retired, the REAL world has too many problems to deal with. We enjoy going everywhere on a golf cart that you cannot do in the REAL world and most of all, We like the warm sunshine and lack of freezing weather. So, this is great for us and you may prefer West Virginia mountains.
New To Site

Lady Lake, FL

#215 Apr 8, 2013
It sucks wrote:
The Villages isn't even a decent place to retire. Yes, lots of homes are sold weekly, but lots of folks sell,and leave weekly.
The lord must have blessed you if your life has been filled with places that can allow you to make the comment above.
It sucks

Kansas City, MO

#216 Apr 8, 2013
New To Site wrote:
<quoted text>
The lord must have blessed you if your life has been filled with places that can allow you to make the comment above.
It's simply the truth. For every new home sold, another residents moves out. Ever wonder why in a community of 45,000 homes over 20% are up for sale. The national average is 5%
Tom

Chattanooga, TN

#217 Apr 8, 2013
Far from the best. Those exercise rooms with crappy old broken equipment, charge more than a premier health club. Condition of golf courses suck.
FATSO

Ocala, FL

#218 Apr 9, 2013
It sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
It's simply the truth. For every new home sold, another residents moves out. Ever wonder why in a community of 45,000 homes over 20% are up for sale. The national average is 5%
This is the FASTEST growing community in the US. We have over 100,000 residents. People are not moving OUT. They are just moving AROUND. People sell one home to buy another as their situation changes. I am on my third VILLAGES home. That is not unusual here. The VILLAGES is GREAT.
FATSO

Ocala, FL

#219 Apr 9, 2013
Tom wrote:
Far from the best. Those exercise rooms with crappy old broken equipment, charge more than a premier health club. Condition of golf courses suck.
MVP has all NEW equipment. Maybe YOU are old and broken, but the equipment , in he gym, isn't.
FREE golf and yet you complain.
Gary

The Villages, FL

#220 Apr 9, 2013
The Villages is a great place if you do your homework. Try it for awhile and see if you like it....some stay some don't like it but at least you will have tried it for yourself to see. Rent a house for a few weeks....try a by owner rental site and then immerse yourself in the lifestyle...It's not for everyone but I think the numbers speak for themselves since over 100,000 people have already spoken and bought homes in The Villages
Gary - http://www.villageshomes4rent.com
It Sucks

Kansas City, MO

#221 Apr 9, 2013
FATSO wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the FASTEST growing community in the US. We have over 100,000 residents. People are not moving OUT. They are just moving AROUND. People sell one home to buy another as their situation changes. I am on my third VILLAGES home. That is not unusual here. The VILLAGES is GREAT.
What a line of BS, people are selling and moving our every day, I did. Its a stepford wife community, full of old zombies. Up yours jerk off.
It Sucks

Kansas City, MO

#222 Apr 9, 2013
FATSO wrote:
<quoted text>
MVP has all NEW equipment. Maybe YOU are old and broken, but the equipment , in he gym, isn't.
FREE golf and yet you complain.
Golf is not free, last time your fat as saw a gym was Jr. High School
It Sucks

Kansas City, MO

#223 Apr 9, 2013
Gary wrote:
The Villages is a great place if you do your homework. Try it for awhile and see if you like it....some stay some don't like it but at least you will have tried it for yourself to see. Rent a house for a few weeks....try a by owner rental site and then immerse yourself in the lifestyle...It's not for everyone but I think the numbers speak for themselves since over 100,000 people have already spoken and bought homes in The Villages
Gary - http://www.villageshomes4rent.com
Typical response from a realtor
Betty

Ocala, FL

#224 Apr 10, 2013
It Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
What a line of BS, people are selling and moving our every day, I did. Its a stepford wife community, full of old zombies. Up yours jerk off.
Very mature comment. You have to resort to name calling instead of facts. Are you really over 55 ? you shoud be ashamed.
FATSO

Ocala, FL

#225 Apr 10, 2013
It Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Golf is not free, last time your fat as saw a gym was Jr. High School
Golf is FREE.
I am 5'9" and 128 lbs. I am at MVP gym all the time.(just like to use FATSO as screen name--brings out all the anonomous prejudiced idiots)
Walter

Cape Coral, FL

#226 Apr 10, 2013
FATSO wrote:
<quoted text>
Golf is FREE.
I am 5'9" and 128 lbs. I am at MVP gym all the time.(just like to use FATSO as screen name--brings out all the anonomous prejudiced idiots)
Im not the original poster, and I could care less about your weight, if you work out etc. Golf is free, if you choose to go to the bottom of the batting order. unless you purchase a package you could wait forever to play. Lots of major disappointments here. I am currently considering a move to another part of Florida.
Murphy

Ocala, FL

#227 Apr 10, 2013
I'm sure the poster is referring to the 4 overcrowded rooms in the Regional Rec centers. MVP might be very nice but it is way too far away for most of us new builds. Equipment is old and used. I go to new gym on 301 where equipment has built in TVs and its open 24 hours a day. Course its out of the Villages and I have to drive. I too am looking at other places. Afraid this place is all about making money for the developer and not the residents need.
Nothing is Perfect

Schenectady, NY

#228 Apr 10, 2013
It sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
20& is the approximate demographics with relation to old folks passing on and their family selling the homes.
New To Site

Lady Lake, FL

#229 Apr 11, 2013
Lets see, 100000 smiling residents and 4 disgruntled posters on this site.

We have been here for 9 years and love it more every day.
Murphy

Ocala, FL

#230 Apr 11, 2013
Can't say 100000 residents love it and can't say 4 disgruntled are the only ones to leave. As a matter of fact I know most don't post on this site. I know 4 couple myself who have left not very happy with the Villages. However, can say the majority are happy here and many just love it. However, most people love where they retire. Different people like different settings.
Retirement Advisor

Truth Or Consequences, NM

#232 Apr 15, 2013
Hey old fogey, yeah YOU!!!

Florida for full time retirement? NO NO NO!!!

Muggy Buggy and Thuggy? YES YES YES!!!

Go for a few weeks if you are freezing up north but do not under any circumstances delude yourselves that this drained swamp is fit for year round living. It smells and is full of mold and bugs and pesticides and on and on and on! YECH? YES YES YES!!!

Can my girlfriend put her ankles behind her head? YES YES YES!!!
Pete

United States

#233 Apr 16, 2013
Retirement Advisor wrote:
Hey old fogey, yeah YOU!!!
Florida for full time retirement? NO NO NO!!!
Muggy Buggy and Thuggy? YES YES YES!!!
Go for a few weeks if you are freezing up north but do not under any circumstances delude yourselves that this drained swamp is fit for year round living. It smells and is full of mold and bugs and pesticides and on and on and on! YECH? YES YES YES!!!
Can my girlfriend put her ankles behind her head? YES YES YES!!!
You are brilliant, you belong in TV, you dumb prick scum bag mo fo, and she can put her ankles behind her head, we did it last night.
Retirement Advisor

Truth Or Consequences, NM

#234 Apr 16, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
You are brilliant, you belong in TV, you dumb prick scum bag mo fo, and she can put her ankles behind her head, we did it last night.
Does Pete like hearing the truth about Florida? Obviously NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Are pesticides out-of-control in buggy swampland Florida? YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summerfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talk Of The Villages (TOTV) (Jul '14) 4 hr Just me 392
Trouble At Stonecrest (Oct '12) 6 hr Fourball 25
News Man accused of shooting into home of woman he h... Tue Edward 5
News STDs Running Rampant In Retirement Community (May '06) Jul 18 pailrider 110
clinton cash movie coming out Jul 15 Dr who 5
Seat savers at the villages squares. Jul 13 David 19
the fall of america Jul 5 Mr T 18

Summerfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Summerfield Mortgages