Are The Villages the best place to re...
Villages Suck

Dallas, TX

#191 Mar 6, 2013
by the way Bobby Boy, she's not that good a lay, and Im sorry I finished all the corn flakes.
bill

Farmingdale, NY

#192 Mar 7, 2013
Bernie wrote:
We have lived in the Villages for years. We love the clubs and having everything so near. It is so big that you always find people from your hometown and with your interests. However, we are looking at other places because we wish the homes weren't so close together, with so much traffic and we need an indoor pool. Place we are looking at has a fitness center, indoor pool included in a very low amenity fee which includes your trash pick-up. You get a better built home with a great view for less money.(plus walking trail) The Villages is a good place but not for everybody.
so where is this place you are living the villages for. I may want to check it out?
any info

United States

#193 Mar 9, 2013
How about Gator Bay? Is that a good place to rent a camper spot for the winter?
maureen

Lancaster, PA

#195 Mar 17, 2013
I am looking for a place where a single woman can have friends and be included in activities. Is the Villages mostly geared toward people with partners?

Since: Sep 09

Longwood, FL

#197 Mar 23, 2013
A Villager wrote:
There are many many good places in Florida to retire. I like it here but my friends like their developments too. Do a great deal of research-
Contrary to what Mary said Talkofthevillages.com is a much bigger site with many posters and many threads where your question has been asked.
Mary's site use to be Villageschat and there is a whole thread here about that site.
Enjoy your retirement!
Thetalkofthevillages,com is really a propaganda site for O so happy people. The administrator will not allow any in house political or negative statements about The Villages. If found he will block you for posting. Use this site for more accurate information.

Since: Sep 09

Longwood, FL

#198 Mar 25, 2013
maureen wrote:
I am looking for a place where a single woman can have friends and be included in activities. Is the Villages mostly geared toward people with partners?
There doesn't seem to be any political or sexual condemnation in The villages. It is more judgmental of seniors by the new Baby boomers. Many of these ooze the aura of privilege.
Use to be a Villager

Chicago, IL

#200 Mar 30, 2013
No...not the best. Do your research.
Houses too close together. No gym for indoor basketball or volleyball etc., no indoor pools, no room in clubs or exercise classes. Homes all look alike. Terrible traffic problems. Not gated. Developer is very greedy. A dishonest control tyrant. Stopped Relay for Life, got rid of all the Buffalos, ended parades, has put hundreds of small business into bankruptcy due to high rent and then also taking % of sales. The Villages is stuck out in the poorest area of Florida. It is run like a resort with tons of rentals which makes Dec-March hell. Started out nice under Harold. Gary is a jerk and Mark is worst. Not friendly and way too congested. Do research... big is not better.
maria

Ocala, FL

#201 Mar 30, 2013
maureen wrote:
Single women are very welcome here. Lots of singles clubs, singles dances, singles mingles. You will LOVE it here.
AnnaBananna

Ocala, FL

#202 Mar 30, 2013
Use to be a Villager wrote:
No...not the best. Do your research.
Houses too close together. No gym for indoor basketball or volleyball etc., no indoor pools, no room in clubs or exercise classes. Homes all look alike. Terrible traffic problems. Not gated. Developer is very greedy. A dishonest control tyrant. Stopped Relay for Life, got rid of all the Buffalos, ended parades, has put hundreds of small business into bankruptcy due to high rent and then also taking % of sales. The Villages is stuck out in the poorest area of Florida. It is run like a resort with tons of rentals which makes Dec-March hell. Started out nice under Harold. Gary is a jerk and Mark is worst. Not friendly and way too congested. Do research... big is not better.
This is not true. The developer is the one who made this utopia happen. He is like a god. I LOVE the family that started this great community.
If you want indoor basketball...go back to HIGH SCHOOL....we are retired adults.
No indoor pool...we moved to FLORIDA to be OUTSIDE in the sunshine.
Got rid of the buffalo ony after some Knucklehead jumped over a fence and got hurt and SUED the developer for his OWN STUPIDITY.
Don't listen to people who don't know the REAL story.
Im out of there

Mesquite, NV

#203 Apr 3, 2013
best thing I ever did was sell my home there. Its a horror, hidden costs, poor construction, homes too close to each other. A pure nightmare.
AnnaBananna

Ocala, FL

#204 Apr 3, 2013
Im out of there wrote:
best thing I ever did was sell my home there. Its a horror, hidden costs, poor construction, homes too close to each other. A pure nightmare.
Glad you left. Anyone who doesn't LOVE it here, is crazy.
Use to be a Villager

Munster, IN

#205 Apr 3, 2013
AnnaBananna,
You are the one who doesn't know what is the real story. My father and Harold were very close. You do realize the family has roots in Chicago. I don't have the time to explain it all now but I will give you an inside into the Buffalo story. A family friend runs the insurance for the Villages. There was never any lawsuit. Those pasture lands were all built out in less than 6 months after they pulled the Buffalo off. The Villagers loved the Buffalo so much that they had to make up a lie. But in truth the Buffalo were just tax breaks until they were ready to build. Also Mark sold them all when his sisters begged to keep some of the Mascots. it would cost next to nothing to run an electric fence that no one would cross.
So my dear, your god didn't even attend Harold's funeral and the brothers haven't talked in years. Neither brother attended because they hated each other so much. Much more to the screwed up family. Harold told my father that everything Gary ever touched he ruined. He was so disappointed in Gary before he died. This over congested, care nothing about the residents that are crowded out of all clubs and classes is not what Harold wanted. Full time residents are treated like crap as renters come in and have more rights than owners. True gated communities have strict rules about no renters as this is our homes. You need to come to Chicago and hear stories about Gary and family. Harold gave Gary many companies and he ruined everyone. Mark is even worst. See what he did out West with hunting where no law applies to him. Educated people don't believe the lies this developer puts out. You are a follower and you have a false god.
Im out of there

Fremont, CA

#206 Apr 4, 2013
AnnaBananna wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you left. Anyone who doesn't LOVE it here, is crazy.
it's not only a dump, it's a stepford wifes community. I'm crazy, yes, crazy for ever buying in that dump, and to you Anna, up yours bitch.
AnnaBananna

Ocala, FL

#207 Apr 5, 2013
Use to be a Villager wrote:
AnnaBananna,
You are the one who doesn't know what is the real story. My father and Harold were very close. You do realize the family has roots in Chicago. I don't have the time to explain it all now but I will give you an inside into the Buffalo story. A family friend runs the insurance for the Villages. There was never any lawsuit. Those pasture lands were all built out in less than 6 months after they pulled the Buffalo off. The Villagers loved the Buffalo so much that they had to make up a lie. But in truth the Buffalo were just tax breaks until they were ready to build. Also Mark sold them all when his sisters begged to keep some of the Mascots. it would cost next to nothing to run an electric fence that no one would cross.
So my dear, your god didn't even attend Harold's funeral and the brothers haven't talked in years. Neither brother attended because they hated each other so much. Much more to the screwed up family. Harold told my father that everything Gary ever touched he ruined. He was so disappointed in Gary before he died. This over congested, care nothing about the residents that are crowded out of all clubs and classes is not what Harold wanted. Full time residents are treated like crap as renters come in and have more rights than owners. True gated communities have strict rules about no renters as this is our homes. You need to come to Chicago and hear stories about Gary and family. Harold gave Gary many companies and he ruined everyone. Mark is even worst. See what he did out West with hunting where no law applies to him. Educated people don't believe the lies this developer puts out. You are a follower and you have a false god.
All lies, my dear. If your buffalo theory is correct, why do we now have cows instead ???? Yes, the developer gets a tax break. But COWS replaced the BUFFALO. A fool was injured by a buffalo and brought a lawsuit against the developer. Cows are much gentler. I see Gary and Jennifer together all the time. They get along fine. Always laughing. Everyone attended the FAMILY FUNERAL. Some members of the family chose not to attend THE VILLAGES CEREMONY which was held for THE VILLAGERS to pay their respects. I would NOT expect the family to be present for that. Gary has a wonderful. business here in the Villagers--- VERY SUCCESSFUL. Over 100,000 residents agree. If you think he is UNsuccessful, then who would you consider to be successful ????
Use to be a Villager

Munster, IN

#208 Apr 5, 2013
Oh Please...You are proving again you know nothing. The little black cows have always been there, just look at the fences. The buffalo were always in the wooden fences. By the way they clean cut these areas thinking retail would built and now those black cows have no shade as they didn't leave one tree. The Buffalo pastures are now Creekside, Bridgeport at Laurel Valley, and Banks and Walgreens along Parr Drive. The injury story was just a lie put out so they could take the pastures away to built on.
Reread my post, it wasn't the relationship between Jennifer and her father, it was the relationship between Gary and his brother. I know you made that up about the funerals. I also know you made up the stories about seeing Gary all the time as he has turned operations of the Villages over to his kids. He is building the largest upscale marina in Barbados. I consider Gary a rich Republican who has inherited his father's money and will walk over anyone to make a buck. His father was very disappointed in his greediness. I don't plan to play your game anymore as you don't know a thing. Go South and to other states and see how real high rated developments look. As I said, building homes as fast and close together as possible does not equal good. Big is not better. Go drink your cool aid.
Big is Beautiful

Ocala, FL

#209 Apr 6, 2013
Im out of there wrote:
<quoted text>
it's not only a dump, it's a stepford wifes community. I'm crazy, yes, crazy for ever buying in that dump, and to you Anna, up yours bitch.
Why to ignorant people always resort to name calling ?? Can't you respond without cussin'.?? Sure hope you don't have kids.
New to site

Lady Lake, FL

#210 Apr 6, 2013
The Villages is not the best place to retire in Florida,

THE VILLAGES IS THE BEST PLACE TO RETIRE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.

Come and see it and you will fall in love with this lifestyle. Folks that complain about everything are encouraged to leave this place, so they go to other web sites like this one to childishly slam this wonderful place.
Former Villager

United States

#211 Apr 6, 2013
No its not the best place to retire. Afraid the one saying this has not researched and visited
other places.
Also it is oblivious there is only one person posting (and keeps changing his/her name) that thinks this place is the best place to retire. Overpriced homes, out in the middle of no where, winters too cold and summers too hot. Run like a vacation spot. Renters having the right to crowd out year around residents. Congested all winter. Villagers are like a cult. If you have ever lived near a big city you can't take the food or the lack of culture. So Lady Lake, glad you are happy but it is not the best place to retire. Stop posting under different names.
It sucks

Fallston, MD

#212 Apr 6, 2013
The Villages isn't even a decent place to retire. Yes, lots of homes are sold weekly, but lots of folks sell,and leave weekly.
Mike

United States

#213 Apr 7, 2013
Visited once and that was enough for me. I like living in the real world with real people of various ages. I like big open green parks and spaces between different styles of homes. I like the 4 seasons.

Living in the Villages would be hell to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summerfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Democrat asks Villages to stop playing Hillary ... 3 hr tbird19482 44
Underground caves (May '09) 8 hr omegaltd 175
News Man charged for bilking elderly over ac system ... Fri Marvin 1
Defense against Zika Fri Soddy 4
Talk Of The Villages (TOTV) (Jul '14) Aug 21 Just me 430
Home sales in The Villages slowing down Aug 21 Morgan 1
Trouble At Stonecrest (Oct '12) Aug 8 Slamming Sam 34

Summerfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance