Trouble At Stonecrest

Posted in the Summerfield Forum

Happy Villager

Lady Lake, FL

#1 Oct 30, 2012
I live in The Villages but want to move to Stonecrest, next to the Walmart Supercenter. I just heard that there are big problems with the developer and the residents over high dollar maintence issues the developer has passed on to the homeowners. Any Stonecrest residents that can fill me in? I have my house up for sale now.
Unhappy Stonecrester

Lady Lake, FL

#2 Nov 2, 2012
Stay put in the Villages. My sister lives in Stonecrest and tells me the developer has handed off some parts of the golf course maintenance to the homeowners. The golf course was just sold to someone else so the residents will be paying for maintaining things like the ponds they do not even own. The residents now will stay away and not support the golf club and they have also hired a lawyer so you will be stuck no matter what way you go.
Need to Know

Lady Lake, FL

#3 Mar 14, 2014
Any updates on what is going on in Stonecrest. We too we're thinking of buying there. The HOA dues is much more affordable than The Villages
Another Happy Villager

Lady Lake, FL

#4 Mar 16, 2014
That's not the first time Stonecrest developers srewed over the residents. Promising if you buy there you have guanteed access to the Villages amentities as if they owned it. Bunch of tools. I felt sorry for their residents.
Anonymous

Vineland, NJ

#5 Mar 17, 2014
Stonecrestors DO have guarnteed accsess to the villages!

The squares,shopping doctors etc are public. The rec centers and most of the golf courses are not. Could you kindly point me to where Stonecrest advertises full accsess to all of the villages anmenities
Another Happy Villager

Lady Lake, FL

#6 Mar 17, 2014
For one thing no one said anything about the public venues there. Unless they recently removed it as you drive down 441 The banners said full access to the villages amenties right next to the other banners for no bonds, no cdd's. People should read an entire post before commenting on it. Ponderous man, ponderous. If it's not there now they have been removed within the past 4 weeks. The new nursing home also recinded their sign citing the same claim. For another damn thing if I lived in Stonecrest and all this crap were going on I wouldn't be to damn happy either.
Ron

Lady Lake, FL

#7 Apr 29, 2014
I was there yesterday looking at homes. I asked if the builder has turned over everything over to the residents? I was told this year. We realy like the place and can go over to the squares for the entertainment anytime we want. Seriously thinking about buying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summerfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tea party is losing their hold on the Villages ... 30 min Visitor-Reader 131
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 41 min Liberal forever 2,989
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 2 hr corruptman 2,142
Fox or MSNBC 5 hr RuffnReddy 28
how are the doctors and hospitals in the villages Tue Janie 2
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Mon Liberal forever 2,526
Are The Villages the best place to retire in Fl... (Apr '09) Sep 28 bro_RobW 445

Summerfield Jobs

Summerfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Summerfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Summerfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]