Trouble At Stonecrest
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Happy Villager

Summerfield, FL

#1 Oct 30, 2012
I live in The Villages but want to move to Stonecrest, next to the Walmart Supercenter. I just heard that there are big problems with the developer and the residents over high dollar maintence issues the developer has passed on to the homeowners. Any Stonecrest residents that can fill me in? I have my house up for sale now.
Unhappy Stonecrester

Summerfield, FL

#2 Nov 2, 2012
Stay put in the Villages. My sister lives in Stonecrest and tells me the developer has handed off some parts of the golf course maintenance to the homeowners. The golf course was just sold to someone else so the residents will be paying for maintaining things like the ponds they do not even own. The residents now will stay away and not support the golf club and they have also hired a lawyer so you will be stuck no matter what way you go.
Need to Know

Lady Lake, FL

#3 Mar 14, 2014
Any updates on what is going on in Stonecrest. We too we're thinking of buying there. The HOA dues is much more affordable than The Villages
Another Happy Villager

Ocala, FL

#4 Mar 16, 2014
That's not the first time Stonecrest developers srewed over the residents. Promising if you buy there you have guanteed access to the Villages amentities as if they owned it. Bunch of tools. I felt sorry for their residents.
Anonymous

Fort Wayne, IN

#5 Mar 17, 2014
Stonecrestors DO have guarnteed accsess to the villages!

The squares,shopping doctors etc are public. The rec centers and most of the golf courses are not. Could you kindly point me to where Stonecrest advertises full accsess to all of the villages anmenities
Another Happy Villager

Ocala, FL

#6 Mar 17, 2014
For one thing no one said anything about the public venues there. Unless they recently removed it as you drive down 441 The banners said full access to the villages amenties right next to the other banners for no bonds, no cdd's. People should read an entire post before commenting on it. Ponderous man, ponderous. If it's not there now they have been removed within the past 4 weeks. The new nursing home also recinded their sign citing the same claim. For another damn thing if I lived in Stonecrest and all this crap were going on I wouldn't be to damn happy either.
Ron

Lady Lake, FL

#7 Apr 29, 2014
I was there yesterday looking at homes. I asked if the builder has turned over everything over to the residents? I was told this year. We realy like the place and can go over to the squares for the entertainment anytime we want. Seriously thinking about buying.
Nicole

United States

#8 Nov 8, 2014
Stonecrest is a fabulous subdivision with many great amenities of their own. With the Villages only a mile away it does make it very appealing. HOA fees are only $106.00 a month. An alternative for some who can't afford the higher fees the Villages charge. While the Villages are great, not everyone can afford the high maintenance fees. Stonecrest is the answer to such a dilemma. And the homes are well built, the community is beautiful and the residents friendly.
Lou

Lady Lake, FL

#9 Nov 8, 2014
Nicole wrote:
Stonecrest is a fabulous subdivision with many great amenities of their own. With the Villages only a mile away it does make it very appealing. HOA fees are only $106.00 a month. An alternative for some who can't afford the higher fees the Villages charge. While the Villages are great, not everyone can afford the high maintenance fees. Stonecrest is the answer to such a dilemma. And the homes are well built, the community is beautiful and the residents friendly.
Really, 106 in Stonecrest? I only pay 145 in the villages and have about 1000 times the amenities.
You must mean $106.00 per year.
DrJ

Anderson, IN

#10 Jun 8, 2015
We just bought a home in Stonecrest and are truly excited about it. We spent the month of February (while living in our RV) touring the area, looking at homes, prices, square footages, amenities, etc. as it related to property located within as well as outside of The Villages. Since Villages Properties real estate company does not list and advertise Villages homes on the area MLS, we had two realtors working with us. One who worked for The Villages Properties and one who worked for an outside agency. After considering our lifestyle, budget and other personal concerns, we finally decided to become a member of the Stonecrest family. For us, the home we live in is more important to us than the "lifestyle" activities included for the $146.00 per month fee. Our home in Stonecrest has 2,000 sq. feet, is only 8 years old, and the price was nearly $60,000 less than similarly sized homes of comparable age in The Villages. Our realtor who worked for Villages Properties told us that, "If the square footage of your home and the price you pay for it is more important than the amenities we offer in The Villages, there is no way we can compete with properties outside The Villages." (That is a direct quote.)
We're certainly impressed with The Villages and that's one of the main reasons we decided to buy in Stonecrest. It's more affordable but still allows us to go to Spanish Springs, Lake Sumpter, and Brownwood and enjoy the ambiance of those lovely communities. Yes, our amenities fees of $106 per month are lower but that is of secondary importance since the Villages fees are only $40 more per month. We are golfers but don't need or want to play 3/4 days per week, so we can still play golf at Stonecrest when we're in the mood and the body feels less painful that day.:) I guess what we're trying to say is that living inside or outside of the Villages doesn't make either choice a good one or a bad one. It's a personal one. For us, the home size and price is most important and the location is terrific for us. We believe we've found the best of both worlds by buying in Stonecrest but that's because it fits our personalities and desires. For some else, The Villages may be the right answer. We hope to develop many friendships in the years to come and hopefully, that will be with folks who live in both locations.
SHIRLEY

Summerfield, FL

#11 Sep 4, 2015
I HAVE BEEN LIVING HERE IN STONECREST FOR 3 YEARS. THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE I WOULD LOVE TO LIVE. I LIVED IN THE VILLAGES FOR 6 YEARS AND IT IS MORE EXPENSIVE, CROWDED, NOT AS FRIENDLY AS STONECREST. YOU GET ALOT MORE FOR YOUR MONEY HERE. MY NEIGHBORS ARE WONDERFUL. I LIVE IN A CULDASAC AND MY BACKYARD IS A LAKE. VERY PRIVATE. I HAVE MORE LAND THAN THE VILLAGES, NEIGHBORS ARE TOO CLOSE TO ONE ANOTHER UNLESS YOU BUY A PREMIER HOME WHICH IS OVER PRICED. WE DO NOT HAVE A BOND. AMENITIES ARE CHEAPER AND I LOVE IT.
Starky in Stonecest

Ocala, FL

#13 Sep 28, 2015
If you want to live in a community with just gates that don't mean anything, live in the Villages. If you would rather live in a gated secure community and have more house for our money, and have all the amenities and activities one needs, then live in Stonecrest.
Jaybe

Winter Garden, FL

#14 Nov 19, 2015
We have lived in Stonecrest for nine years. Our monthly HOA fee is presently $106. Nine years ago it was $99. We have recently gone through many changes with the residents gaining a lot of control. Yes, the restaurant has had its problems and the golf course chatter has been going on for years. I don't know of any present problems that would deem Stonecrest a risky community. We will hopefully live out the next 30 or more years in this lovely community.
Come visit, look around and talk to residents you see. We are a friendly community!
Jaybe

Winter Garden, FL

#15 Nov 19, 2015
Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, 106 in Stonecrest? I only pay 145 in the villages and have about 1000 times the amenities.
You must mean $106.00 per year.
NOT nice. Not everyone wants all the amenities The Villages has to offer. Some of us want a well-built home, good size yards, wonderful neighbor's and amenities that suit our lifestyles and personalities. I'm glad you enjoy TV...good for you!
I don't think you will see a Stonecrest resident be as rude as you!
Clem

Milford, NH

#16 Nov 21, 2015
Starky in Stonecest wrote:
If you want to live in a community with just gates that don't mean anything, live in the Villages. If you would rather live in a gated secure community and have more house for our money, and have all the amenities and activities one needs, then live in Stonecrest.
Right, if you are 80 or 90 years old.
Still Working

Canton, MI

#17 Jan 10, 2016
Happy Villager wrote:
I live in The Villages but want to move to Stonecrest, next to the Walmart Supercenter. I just heard that there are big problems with the developer and the residents over high dollar maintence issues the developer has passed on to the homeowners. Any Stonecrest residents that can fill me in? I have my house up for sale now.
Hi Happy Villager! Did you move to Stonecrest? If so, how do you like it compared to TV?
Another Happy Visitor

Ocala, FL

#18 Jan 11, 2016
So I'm being judged as unhappy, rude, and mean because I agree stonecrest residents are getting or, were shafted by their development team. I never said anything mean about the residents. People find what they believe are the right location for them and if they are happy, great. It's tools that can't read and then comment that irritate me. By the way, was the golf course crap ever settled out? I do hope the residents won.
John

Leesburg, FL

#19 Jan 11, 2016
Still Working wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Happy Villager! Did you move to Stonecrest? If so, how do you like it compared to TV?
If you would like to see a microcosm of the villages, please take the time to visit talk of the villages. Especially the political forum. There you will find the hate filled pseudo intellectualists that are world class bullies and hust plain asses!
Lanai Lou

Ocala, FL

#20 Jan 11, 2016
John wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would like to see a microcosm of the villages, please take the time to visit talk of the villages. Especially the political forum. There you will find the hate filled pseudo intellectualists that are world class bullies and hust plain asses!
You hit the bull's eye on that John. They're hateful arrogant bigots. Overall TOTV has gotten worse day by day.
happier

Ocala, FL

#21 Jul 17, 2016
I lived in the Villages for 5 years. Yes, there are people there that may think they are better than you just because they live there ! We sold our home and moved to Stonecrest, we are very happy here, bought a beautiful home on the golf course with a pool. I cannot compare this to the Villages. I feel safe and do the things I enjoy doing. We can go to the Villages as often as we like and use the squares, restaurants, stores. The only difference is the people, we are here because we want to be here.... and no we are not better than the Villagers, we are just happier !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summerfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Defense against Zika Tue Just me 3
Talk Of The Villages (TOTV) (Jul '14) Aug 21 Just me 430
Home sales in The Villages slowing down Aug 21 Morgan 1
News Democrat asks Villages to stop playing Hillary ... Aug 19 Mikey 6
Hillery the lier Aug 18 Fido 5
News STDs Running Rampant In Retirement Community (May '06) Aug 11 Bugger 111
Year 1967 Wildwood Florida exit (Feb '14) Aug 3 David 5

Summerfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance