Black leaders push for investigation ...

Black leaders push for investigation of fight

There are 116 comments on the Fort Worth Star-Telegram story from Mar 8, 2007, titled Black leaders push for investigation of fight. In it, Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that:

A bar fight in the East Texas town of Sulphur Springs early Wednesday in which a black man was dragged and suffered facial injuries was being called a hate crime by local NAACP officials as authorities vowed to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
BMAC

Sulphur Springs, TX

#1 Mar 8, 2007
WHEN THE WHITE GUY GOT JUMPED BEHIND FLOWSERVE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO BY 6 MEXICANS YOU DIDN'T SEE WHITE SUPREMACIST GROUPS ALL OVER THE PLACE. THAT WAS A HATE CRIME, THIS WAS NOT.
steve

United States

#2 Mar 8, 2007
BMAC wrote:
WHEN THE WHITE GUY GOT JUMPED BEHIND FLOWSERVE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO BY 6 MEXICANS YOU DIDN'T SEE WHITE SUPREMACIST GROUPS ALL OVER THE PLACE. THAT WAS A HATE CRIME, THIS WAS NOT.
Dude this was a hate crime.Witnesses say he called the man a n!**$r.

On that note though you are right.I wonder how many times a white man has been jumped because he was white?If we are to be equal we must all be treated equally.
Tee

Hurst, TX

#4 Mar 8, 2007
steve wrote:
<quoted text>
On that note though you are right.I wonder how many times a white man has been jumped because he was white?If we are to be equal we must all be treated equally.
Just because the "N" word was used, doesnt make it a hate crime. If someone was wanting to fight me I may call them a SOB or a bastard, its just a name. Secondly, if I was leaving and someone stuck their head into my vehicle, whatever color they were, the would leave black and blue.
KSS

Garland, TX

#5 Mar 8, 2007
Chris Wright is one of my closest friends. He is the most kind and loving guy that I know. Judson Weaver spit in his face. I think anyone reading this would agree that this act of disrespect would affect anyone negatively regardless of the color of his skin. I don't think that anyone can speak intelligently of this situation until all facts are known; and that will happen when Chris is able to tell his side of the story.
pit bull

United States

#6 Mar 8, 2007
steve wrote:
<quoted text>
The city officials of Dallas public schools had to pass regulations about kids saying nig er to each other b/c it was so prevalent. Blacks say it to each other all day. It's not the white's saying it. In fact when the city passed it last year the television stations kept showing civil right clips from their struggles in the 1960's when they were mistreated but what does that have to do with blacks using nig word toward each other all day. From this day forward the word REDNECK will be considered a duragatory term just like NIG ER. So the next time somebody says I'm a Redneck then I should just beat them b/c they called me that and I'm going to claim hate crime b/c you used a durogatory term against me. Get a grip you have been brainwashed.
steve

United States

#7 Mar 8, 2007
KSS wrote:
Chris Wright is one of my closest friends. He is the most kind and loving guy that I know. Judson Weaver spit in his face. I think anyone reading this would agree that this act of disrespect would affect anyone negatively regardless of the color of his skin. I don't think that anyone can speak intelligently of this situation until all facts are known; and that will happen when Chris is able to tell his side of the story.
That's what trials are for.The only thing I'm afraid of is the NAACP twisting this case and not letting the facts out.NAACP has a habit of only giving people info that makes it appear like a hate crime.
no name

Arlington, TX

#8 Mar 9, 2007
BMAC wrote:
SO WHAT ITS JUST A WORD. NI@@ERS CALL NI@@ERS NI@@ER ALL THE TIME AND NO ONE SAYS NOTHIN. WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?
It's not right for anyone to call each other racist names. This was a hate crime, pure and simple. Justice must be served. This young man could have been killed it the driver had not stopped.
BMAC

Sulphur Springs, TX

#9 Mar 9, 2007
no name wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not right for anyone to call each other racist names. This was a hate crime, pure and simple. Justice must be served. This young man could have been killed it the driver had not stopped.
HOW IS IT A HATE CRIME WHEN THAT SOB JUMPED IN THE WHITE GUYS TRUCKS AND STARTED HITTING HIM? IF HE WOULD HAVE JUMPED IN MY TRUCK HE WOULD'VE MET THE WRONG END OF MY .45!!!! IS HE SUPPOSED TO JUST TAKE AN A$$ WHOOPIN?
my o my

Hawkins, TX

#10 Mar 9, 2007
Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because the "N" word was used, doesnt make it a hate crime. If someone was wanting to fight me I may call them a SOB or a bastard, its just a name. Secondly, if I was leaving and someone stuck their head into my vehicle, whatever color they were, the would leave black and blue.
Would you go after some one that spit on you, because that's why he up to the vehicle. spit on some one is provocing enough to go up to somebody. By the non of you live in this town like we do so you really don't know what it like here.
Tee

Hurst, TX

#11 Mar 9, 2007
my o my wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you go after some one that spit on you, because that's why he up to the vehicle. spit on some one is provocing enough to go up to somebody. By the non of you live in this town like we do so you really don't know what it like here.
I know what I would do if someone came into my space therfore I wouldnt go into theirs. The thing is this has been labled a hate crime. Arent all fights or things like this "hate crimes" It is not a racial thing, it was two people who had a fight, one got hurt bad and that should be punished. I do like in this town and it makes me want to leave because we already have a segrigated town and this is just going to make it worse. Thats the worst part about it.
what sup

Hawkins, TX

#12 Mar 9, 2007
i personally believe that the guy that drug chris, bond should have been set higher than it was adn he should not be released from jail until chris is breathing like he was before. Chris injuries is their 4 ever, i think that the white boy should suffer to. If they dont lock the white boy back up 4 attempted murder, chris family should sue.
no name

Arlington, TX

#13 Mar 9, 2007
BMAC wrote:
<quoted text>
HOW IS IT A HATE CRIME WHEN THAT SOB JUMPED IN THE WHITE GUYS TRUCKS AND STARTED HITTING HIM? IF HE WOULD HAVE JUMPED IN MY TRUCK HE WOULD'VE MET THE WRONG END OF MY .45!!!! IS HE SUPPOSED TO JUST TAKE AN A$$ WHOOPIN?
Yes, if you spit in my face you deserve a A$$ whipping. It's a hate crime fool. Deal with it.
no name

Arlington, TX

#14 Mar 9, 2007
what sup wrote:
i personally believe that the guy that drug chris, bond should have been set higher than it was adn he should not be released from jail until chris is breathing like he was before. Chris injuries is their 4 ever, i think that the white boy should suffer to. If they dont lock the white boy back up 4 attempted murder, chris family should sue.
Agreed. this was attemped murder. The driver could have stopped if the wanted, but he didn't.
Tee

Hurst, TX

#15 Mar 9, 2007
no name wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. this was attemped murder. The driver could have stopped if the wanted, but he didn't.
He was only drug 25 feet wich says that the white guy was going to get away from the situation. when the white guy took off the black guy held on. If you try to take off and then stop in rapid succession you are going to travel a good bit before you get stopped. Though a tragic situation it was not attempted murder or a racial hate crime. He wasnt tied up and drug, he held on. I have a sis who was dragged by her ex. She said that her first instinct was to grab a hold of the truck. I think if the black guy would have just let go, we would have a very differnt situation.
no name

Arlington, TX

#16 Mar 9, 2007
Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
He was only drug 25 feet wich says that the white guy was going to get away from the situation. when the white guy took off the black guy held on. If you try to take off and then stop in rapid succession you are going to travel a good bit before you get stopped. Though a tragic situation it was not attempted murder or a racial hate crime. He wasnt tied up and drug, he held on. I have a sis who was dragged by her ex. She said that her first instinct was to grab a hold of the truck. I think if the black guy would have just let go, we would have a very differnt situation.
He was drug 40 ft and he could not let go because the white guy was holding his arm down. If the white guy had not hit a divider in the highway he would have continued to drag Chris. Chris is lucky to be alive.
Tee

Hurst, TX

#17 Mar 9, 2007
no name wrote:
<quoted text>
He was drug 40 ft and he could not let go because the white guy was holding his arm down. If the white guy had not hit a divider in the highway he would have continued to drag Chris. Chris is lucky to be alive.
The point is that the white guy and the black guy are both to blame. The black guy should not have approached the white guy and the white guy should not have engaged the black guy. They both were defending themselves. A fight broke out and they both participated. What if the tables were turned and the white guy had been dragged, would this still be considered a hate crime, or would it just be considered an unfortunate incident. I know that chris was hurt bad and I pray that he will recover fast and well. And I have said that the white guy needs to be accountable for his actions, I just dont think that it was a hate crime and I dont think that the charge should be attempted murder.I do think though that if it is anything less than attempted murder, hell will break loose. Just look at what has been started over bail. God help us all.
BMAC

Sulphur Springs, TX

#18 Mar 9, 2007
no name wrote:
<quoted text>
WERE YOU THERE, DID YOU SEE IT?
BMAC

Sulphur Springs, TX

#19 Mar 9, 2007
no name wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, if you spit in my face you deserve a A$$ whipping. It's a hate crime fool. Deal with it.
IF I SPIT IN YOUR FACE ITS NOT BECAUSE YOUR A DIFFERENT COLOR, DUMB ASS. ITS BECAUSE YOU PISSED ME OFF.
no name

Arlington, TX

#20 Mar 9, 2007
BMAC wrote:
<quoted text>
WERE YOU THERE, DID YOU SEE IT?
I was there. I'm key witness and will be on the stand when this guys goes down.
no name

Arlington, TX

#21 Mar 9, 2007
BMAC wrote:
<quoted text>
IF I SPIT IN YOUR FACE ITS NOT BECAUSE YOUR A DIFFERENT COLOR, DUMB ASS. ITS BECAUSE YOU PISSED ME OFF.
Well this guy spit on chris because he was a different color. Weaver is a racist. No doubt about it. The truth will come out in court. As for you A$$ wipe. I'm done stooping to your ignorant level. You just piss me off because you are so stupid and blind. I swear if you had a brain you would take it out an play with it.

My God help you and other fools like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sulphur Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prostitues (May '11) Feb 15 starfly1991 86
quail Ridge Apts Feb 12 Visitor 2
why are white women, starting to prefer black m... (Feb '13) Feb 9 Ukj 287
County commissioner being investigated Feb 8 Ukj 2
Trouble at Cooper ISD over firing Sam Falls (May '13) Jan 27 Codeine 2019 15
delta co sheriffs office (Feb '13) Jan 27 Codeine 2019 54
Looking for a Tommy w davis Jan '18 maybe 3

Sulphur Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance