Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins an...

Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

There are 23430 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#11659 May 28, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> timeline is good..but it makes me think....what if...y'all are wrong? What if austerity measures plunge America into another Great Depression? I hope y'all are right though..I really do...but if austerity backfires....America is gonna turn on the Republican party like a Great White shark on a fur seal....
It really doesn't matter. The same puppetmasters are pulling the strings for both parties. Ever wonder why we get nothing more than misfits,liars
and clueless idiots to vote for?.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#11660 May 28, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> timeline is good..but it makes me think....what if...y'all are wrong? What if austerity measures plunge America into another Great Depression? I hope y'all are right though..I really do...but if austerity backfires....America is gonna turn on the Republican party like a Great White shark on a fur seal....
I don't see how austerity would fail. If you were spending more than you make, do you just keep borrowing money to pay off your debts? Sooner or later, you have to pay what you owe. The more this nation borrows, the more it owes just in interest on that debt. At some point, our entire national budget would go to just pay the interest on that debt. How do we pay for everything else then?
The govt needs to get out of the entitlement business, get out of the free market, and get out of every aspect of our lives. We are becoming a nanny state, a bunch of serfs dependent on Uncle Sammy for our handouts. It's sad to say, but I don't see it getting any better in our lives if ever.

“Seek ”

Since: May 12

Houston

#11661 May 28, 2012
NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see how austerity would fail. If you were spending more than you make, do you just keep borrowing money to pay off your debts? Sooner or later, you have to pay what you owe. The more this nation borrows, the more it owes just in interest on that debt. At some point, our entire national budget would go to just pay the interest on that debt. How do we pay for everything else then?
The govt needs to get out of the entitlement business, get out of the free market, and get out of every aspect of our lives. We are becoming a nanny state, a bunch of serfs dependent on Uncle Sammy for our handouts. It's sad to say, but I don't see it getting any better in our lives if ever.
We are just about to find out if austerity works...things run in cycles NRH...don't give up yet...the first thing we need to do is to quit giving China our money...they are using OUR money to finance an aggressive new military spending program..why give your enemy money to use against...YOU?

Location hidden

#11662 May 28, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> We are just about to find out if austerity works...things run in cycles NRH...don't give up yet...the first thing we need to do is to quit giving China our money...they are using OUR money to finance an aggressive new military spending program..why give your enemy money to use against...YOU?
I agree. We have to stop shipping our jobs and money overseas. We need to be competitive again and quit spending money we don't have.
Yes, I am pessimistic, but I just don't see it getting any better.

“Seek ”

Houston

#11663 May 28, 2012
NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. We have to stop shipping our jobs and money overseas. We need to be competitive again and quit spending money we don't have.
Yes, I am pessimistic, but I just don't see it getting any better.
Pessimism is the first step on the road to defeat..we should never give up....sometimes we just have to hang on
George Zimmerman

United States

#11665 May 28, 2012
A two party system is BULLSH!T. This country has been in the can when Obama, and Romney were still sh!tting green. Our ideas, our sovereignty, and future have been bought by special interest, and our country now depends on private banking to print its way out of trouble. We are way down the rabbit hole at this point! If things are going to get better, people are going to suffer. I dont see how the problem can be fixed without people suffering, but HEll, people are suffering now! Get private banking out of our monetary system, let the states deal with gay marraige , and drugs, bring ALL our troops home WORLD WIDE (with their experience and money, and shrink the dependence on Gov. programs, and we would live in a better country. Vote Ron Paul for a more American America!!!!!!!!!!

“Seek ”

Houston

#11666 May 28, 2012
George Zimmerman wrote:
A two party system is BULLSH!T. This country has been in the can when Obama, and Romney were still sh!tting green. Our ideas, our sovereignty, and future have been bought by special interest, and our country now depends on private banking to print its way out of trouble. We are way down the rabbit hole at this point! If things are going to get better, people are going to suffer. I dont see how the problem can be fixed without people suffering, but HEll, people are suffering now! Get private banking out of our monetary system, let the states deal with gay marraige , and drugs, bring ALL our troops home WORLD WIDE (with their experience and money, and shrink the dependence on Gov. programs, and we would live in a better country. Vote Ron Paul for a more American America!!!!!!!!!!
Good points.
George Zimmerman

United States

#11667 May 28, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Good points.
Grandpa always told me " Never buy the first couple of things you see when your shopping for something, because if you look a little longer you almost always find a better deal!!!!

“Seek ”

Houston

#11668 May 28, 2012
George Zimmerman wrote:
<quoted text> Grandpa always told me " Never buy the first couple of things you see when your shopping for something, because if you look a little longer you almost always find a better deal!!!!
Yeah but my feet hurt.
SeaU

San Antonio, TX

#11669 May 28, 2012
What is going on here.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11670 May 28, 2012
NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhh, the insult game. Let's see, something more to your level, I'm rubber and your glue, bounce off me and stick to you.
Good one Potsy, isn't it time to go to school?
You are illiterate and smelly.

Location hidden

#11671 May 28, 2012
George Zimmerman wrote:
Ron Paul quit, quit, quit...again. He and his son are playing you.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#11672 May 28, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
That smell is actually coming from your intestines, where your head is buried. Stupid leftist.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#11673 May 28, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron Paul quit, quit, quit...again. He and his son are playing you.
You might actually have a point for a change. The whole political game is just that, a game. The "Establishment" does not want anything to do with Ron Paul. His ideas are too American.
RRR

Corpus Christi, TX

#11674 May 28, 2012
?!?!?!?

Location hidden

#11675 May 28, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Another witty comment. You are obviously the product of a high quality education.

Location hidden

#11677 May 28, 2012
NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Another witty comment. You are obviously the product of a high quality education.
Your posts show you to be a noboy deserving of nothing in return.

Location hidden

#11678 May 28, 2012
MeSoHardHeaded wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO !!
George!

“Seek ”

Houston

#11679 May 28, 2012
OREGON SUX...do you thrive on negative attention?

Location hidden

#11680 May 28, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
OREGON SUX...do you thrive on negative attention?
I thrive on good food, good company, good work, exercise and sunshine. You can dine on what you like.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sulphur Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Does The Church of Christ Teach? (Jun '13) 22 hr Sosthenes 248
Religious Groups Boycott Target Stores Apr 22 VelvetElvis 2
Why live in a segregated town? (May '13) Apr 11 Sitting Ducks 19
Crime in Commerce (Apr '14) Apr 11 Sitting Ducks 6
Electric Company in Sulphur Springs Apr 3 QuickConnect 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Apr 1 haha 981
News Schedule of events for the Shamrock St. Patrick... Mar '16 DonegalBeardman 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sulphur Springs Mortgages