Jailers charged for letting out inmate

Jailers charged for letting out inmate

There are 292 comments on the KFOR story from Sep 20, 2010, titled Jailers charged for letting out inmate. In it, KFOR reports that:

It's a place where inmates are locked up behind bars. But what's been happening here at the Murray County jail has landed two of the jailers behind bars themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFOR.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Since: May 11

Frisco, TX

#287 May 8, 2011
Have some class ppl wrote:
I guess it's so much easier for the citizens of Murray county to point fingers at the man THEY voted for sheriff. If you don't agree with how he runs the S.O then simply don't vote for him. Don't run his name through the mud for his daughter and family to see. Not only that but a deputy that used to be a meth head?come on guys... Craig billings is a good deputy, yes he might be getting sued right now BUT anyone that has any common sense about cops knows that police officers can get sued for anything!!! Do you know exactly what happened??? I doubt it...so stop with the finger pointing. If you can do better than Billings, Harper or Rogers (Beene is on her own...I KNOW for a fact she is a homewrecker) jobs any better than sign up for reserves and get your gun belt on. Half of you don't have the balls to go to a call where you know there's a gun involved. So stop pointing fingers, and stop running your own county down. It makes murray county look uneducated.
With that being said I agree the jailers screwed up. But I guarantee that they are not the only one who learned from this. I'm sure the sheriff and his staff did too. If ya don't like who you voted for learn your lesson and vote against him in 2012. That's where it makes a difference. Not slandering, pointing fingers and this he-said she-said BS!!!
Billings is a criminal with a badge point blank he is a meth head a hypocrite and a rapist
kevin Hicks

Lexington, OK

#288 May 29, 2011
These people I turned In were a part of MY PERSONAL BUSINESS,that's why I turn then in.YOU DON'T KNOW THE STORY BEHIND IT,DUMB-ASS.
Okoperator wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit turning ppl in and mind your own business that's pathetic

Frisco, TX

#289 May 30, 2011
kevin Hicks wrote:
<quoted text>These people I turned In were a part of MY PERSONAL BUSINESS,that's why I turn then in.YOU DON'T KNOW THE STORY BEHIND IT,DUMB-ASS.
Then handle your business personally y do u need a gang of thugs
freedom of speech

Davis, OK

#290 Jun 13, 2011
worried wrote:
What is this town coming to? Reading this and living in this town is frightening. What the hell is going on?
Murray County has always been referred to as "Little Chicago."
Murray County should now be called "Little New York." The reason for this is all the RATS running around.Oh, excuse me "INFORMANTS." Murray County law enforcement thinks the LAW doesn't apply to them.
They are paid by tax payers to do their investigations of crimes their selves.Instead they intimidate people into snitching or telling what they know to get off easier in court. After they are done using these informants they throw them in a cell with people they have snitched on. What ever happened to do the crime do the time? Sexual harassment and harassment is ridiculous in this county. The harassment mostly applies to cub scout Ben Flowers. Sexual harassment is bull shit when they take you to jail and pull you out of your cell after 6 or 7 days at 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning telling the other officer that " i would like to fuck her" is bull shit! to be continued...

Dallas, TX

#291 Jun 14, 2011
freedom of speech wrote:
<quoted text>Murray County has always been referred to as "Little Chicago."
Murray County should now be called "Little New York." The reason for this is all the RATS running around.Oh, excuse me "INFORMANTS." Murray County law enforcement thinks the LAW doesn't apply to them.
They are paid by tax payers to do their investigations of crimes their selves.Instead they intimidate people into snitching or telling what they know to get off easier in court. After they are done using these informants they throw them in a cell with people they have snitched on. What ever happened to do the crime do the time? Sexual harassment and harassment is ridiculous in this county. The harassment mostly applies to cub scout Ben Flowers. Sexual harassment is bull shit when they take you to jail and pull you out of your cell after 6 or 7 days at 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning telling the other officer that " i would like to fuck her" is bull shit! to be continued...
I agree mr flowers says he is gonna make deals behind the district attorneys back promising no charges I heard from someone he was harassing in Davis that that's y he transferred to SPD because of that problem with harassing threatening and such
Ada

Ada, OK

#292 Jun 16, 2011
So what about Billings getting beat up? What the real story behind the bs?
ashamedtoliveher etoo

Sulphur, OK

#293 Jun 17, 2011
The real story is that Billings wants to file charges on the kid that beat him up, but he's been told he'll be fired if he does. Sulphur pd isn't going to reccomend charges to the DA for either one of them. The branscomb kid is the victim, he should be pressing charges against billings.

Dallas, TX

#294 Jun 18, 2011
ashamedtoliveheretoo wrote:
The real story is that Billings wants to file charges on the kid that beat him up, but he's been told he'll be fired if he does. Sulphur pd isn't going to reccomend charges to the DA for either one of them. The branscomb kid is the victim, he should be pressing charges against billings.
Lol once again he puts himself in a situation that warrants termination of employment
Jodi Crawford

United States

#295 Jun 18, 2011
May God truly Bless and over watch the citizens of Murray County! He, and He alone knows what has happened and what will happen in all of our futures.
ashamedtoliveher etoo

Sulphur, OK

#297 Jun 20, 2011
So, NO CHARGES will be filed in the Billings case. None were expected against the kid protecting himself in his own yard from a drunk cop, but NO CHARGES will be filed against Billings for provoking the fight. he is back to work and the sheriff is dragging this under the carpet just like everything else. it'll only work if we let it. someone needs to go down the sulphur police department and get a copy of the incident report.
I know Darla Peery

Kansas City, KS

#298 Jul 1, 2011
I was recently in rock creek campground and a sheriff deputy came through and spoke with me.
I told him I had married friends that lived in Sulphur . I told him their names were Keith and Darla Peery, and that Darla was a dispatcher for the department. So he probably knew her. He immediately started asking me questions about Keith. Like when did I see him last, and if I knew where he was at that time. I said it had been a couple years since I saw him, and we weren't great friends or very close friends.
He said They were looking for Keith and he was wanted for drug violations, I said that I was aware of Keiths past and drug usage.( there was no drug Keith would NOT use or pass up)
That is why I did not hang with them anymore. He also said that Darla had been fired from the dispatch job she held. I read in a previous post that it involved theft and drug use.

All I can say is WOW, you really don't know people. It is sad she is on here pretending to be a victim, and taking the high road with her accusations of the department.
Nursegwen

Clackamas, OR

#299 Feb 11, 2015
Darla Peery wrote:
Well, having worked inside those walls for the longest nine months of my life as a 911 dispatcher, I can tell you, most all of you are absolutely 100% correct. Murray County law enforcement is corrupt, make no doubt about it. It all starts in the office of at least one county commissioner and it is as thick as granite in the Sheriff's Dept. It was like working on the set of Peyton Place. It is true, it is not what you know, but who you know or are kin to.
My family has lived here for generations. My grandfather was a county commissioner. This county has always been corrupt. Go back and look at the history of this county. Perry Frantz, Harold Roady, etc. Many, many more. It is time for those of us who honestly want to see things change for the right reasons and the betterment of this County, to stand up. The Federal Government is what is will take to clean this mess up, and then I wish THEM all the luck!
I have so many stories I could tell that would curl the citizens of Murray County's toes. Actually, make them SICK. Not the place for it. I will say this though, I fought the county and won. Small win, but worth the point I was trying to make.
To those of you who read this and know me, you know I am speaking the truth. I am not AFRAID to put my name to this...
Hi Darla,
My name is Gwendolyn Cline and living in Portland, Oregon and San Diego, Ca. I am investigating major corruption with the court system in Murray County.
I am assisting a mother that has been bullied by the system and have connections to expose these people on a federal level. Would love to interview you.

Best Regards,

Gwen Cline

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sulphur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
arbuckle hospital (Apr '13) May 16 User 3
News Former Idabel Fire Chief Wants His Job Back (Feb '13) Apr '16 Ray Mond 67
Thanks to a local man! Apr '16 Harley M Depue 1
Murray County Deputy Cody Harper Fired? (Jul '11) Apr '16 karmaisabitch 54
Wendi Williams Mar '16 i agree 2
Ben Flowers (Jan '13) Sep '15 boomson tran wren 30
Murray County Scanner Page (Sep '15) Sep '15 Mike 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sulphur Mortgages