Jailers charged for letting out inmate

Jailers charged for letting out inmate

There are 292 comments on the KFOR story from Sep 20, 2010, titled Jailers charged for letting out inmate. In it, KFOR reports that:

It's a place where inmates are locked up behind bars. But what's been happening here at the Murray County jail has landed two of the jailers behind bars themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFOR.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
jack babb

Sulphur, OK

#1 Sep 20, 2010
Murray county you are rediculous.. This amongst others is a disgrace to our community....
FAMILY

Kansas City, MO

#2 Sep 20, 2010
In February of this year, Brandon was arrested and placed in Murray Co. jail for a drug court violation. He remained in the custody of Murray County from Friday to Monday morning. Before leaving their custody he was informed that he would be revoked by the Drug Court Program as well an Arrest Warrant that would be issued by Thursday. naturally fight or flight kicked in and Brandon chose flight! Well approximately 1 month later he took U.S. Marshall's, O.H.P, Johnston Co. and Murray Co. on aman hunt that turned out being an attempt to serve that very warrant talked about previously. What kind of IDIOT tells a man whom has spent 5 years in jail, to leave jail, but expext a warrant and expect prison? Hey I can honestly say I would have fled myself. Then again who in their right mind tries to serve a warrant @ 12:00 A.M. attempting to succeeed with a traffic stop! HELLO he was a fugitive after running for a month, I'm no Lawman, but I could figure that one out. And now we are here. Who in the Hell lets a Flight Risk OUT? Where are you guys getting training?
heyhey

United States

#3 Sep 20, 2010
just goes to show u its not who u are but who u know in this town it amazes me how stupid crap like this happens sounds like you need to do background checks on people before you hire them
heyhey

United States

#4 Sep 20, 2010
jack babb wrote:
Murray county you are rediculous.. This amongst others is a disgrace to our community....
I ageee just shows you its all in who you know and whos pocket book can get filled.
kevin hicks

Tryon, OK

#5 Sep 20, 2010
Murray county law enforcement is the biggest joke.I've turned in two people different people to them for warrants two different times.One was a felony and a deputy said the warrant wasn't big enought to mess with.The other person had 7 warrant and a deputy said he knew it, I asked why don't you pick him up,he said why don't I come pick you up.I asked why are you going to pick me up I don't have a criminal record and he hung up on me.
worried

Sulphur, OK

#6 Sep 21, 2010
What is this town coming to? Reading this and living in this town is frightening. What the hell is going on?
Ada OK

Mormon Lake, AZ

#7 Sep 21, 2010
Yet another fine example of corrupt law enforcement in Oklahoma. Is this a great state or what?
Tyrone

Montgomery, AL

#8 Sep 21, 2010
Only in Oklahoma. Embarrasing!
not suprised

Nampa, ID

#9 Sep 21, 2010
yeah well here is another mind-blower for you guys...as of right now we have a half dozen or so inmates working all over our public school grounds they claim that they are non-violent offenders but you can look em up on the DOC website and find out to the contrary. they also say they don't come close to our kids but my kids and many others have reported that the inmates come in and out of the gym while our children are having physical education class! we can't even keep the non-trustees under control what makes anyone think one little deputy has any control over 6 inmates while they roam around our campus'
not the other chris

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Sep 21, 2010
"Although they have been charged and a warrant issued for their arrests, neither have been taken into custody."

Now THAT'S funny. Wouldn't it be something if the sheriff deputies charged with serving the warrant and arresting these guys also were deliberately letting the two accused jailers run free. My question would be why bother having a police force is Sulphur at all!

Since: Jul 10

Hominy, OK

#11 Sep 21, 2010
"Although they have been charged and a warrant issued for their arrests, neither have been taken into custody."

They must be related to Lindsay Lohan.
Its about time

United States

#12 Sep 21, 2010
There is also one inmate using a deputies personal cell phone to make calls and text messages. They really need to take their job seriously and remember these inmates are in there for a reason...THEY COMMITTED A CRIME!!
Darrin Rogers is an idiot

Sulphur, OK

#13 Sep 21, 2010
This all comes right back to poor leadership at the top. The citizens of Murray County are stuck with out inept Barney Fife Sheriff until 2012, and hopefully somebody will at least run against him this time. That's the only way he won last time, he ran unopposed.

This shows his ineptness, just like when he let Mr. Allen kill himself and burn down his families house. Mr. Rogers had better move out of the county after he gives up that badge.
new sulphur resident

Sulphur, OK

#14 Sep 21, 2010
i also live in sulphur and moved here from out of state, the reason why is because i wanted to raise my children in a small respectfull town. since living here i have seen a lot of corruption from the sheriff department. i was not surprised hearing this. this town needs a complete investigation of it so call legal enforcement agency. i am sure they would make many many more headlines. my child that goes to sulphur school knew about this and was telling me who the guy was and who his child is. now if my 14 year old son new all about this before the broadcast from rumors then what does that tell us about the murray county law enforcement.

“Let's Make Our World Better!”

Since: Mar 10

Blackwell, OK

#15 Sep 21, 2010
I am shaking my head in amazement once again. The corruption from the very people who have the duty to stop it. Our justice system never ceases to amaze me.
whats going on here

Tryon, OK

#16 Sep 21, 2010
I'm a citizen of murray county and it's law enforcement is about as corrupt as boss hog on the dukes of hazzard. I heard a rummor about a year ago that darrin roger and his wife were having trouble because he got a female deputy pregnant.Just what I heard don't know if its true,but I wouldn't doubt it.
what a disgrace

Sulphur, OK

#17 Sep 21, 2010
We have 9inmates in our public schools and inmates going home to sleep in there own bed? What does that show for this county in general? This has got to be stopped now before it gets any worse. As a parent to young children I feel that there is not very good examples in this community..These children are faced with many challenges in this time and day and were adding in more by allowing our children to see this continue...My kids feel nervous around the inmates at school.. They are inside the buildings while they are trying to get educated. This town used to be a good town for children to grow up in but now you let your children outside to play and they are exposed to many things that children are not to be exposed to and then they turn to you and ask, Why is that happening mommy?
Huh

Macomb, OK

#18 Sep 21, 2010
Who's Judge Tuesday?
not suprised

Nampa, ID

#19 Sep 21, 2010
i am currently putting together a petition to request a full investigation of our sheriff's department that i will be hand delivering to the state capital....i will put a link on this site to sign via internet for those that are interested. coming soon
hiding in murray county

Tryon, OK

#20 Sep 21, 2010
Murray county would be the place for osama bin laden to hide. The law enforcement wouldn't bother him there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sulphur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Idabel Fire Chief Wants His Job Back (Feb '13) Apr 13 Ray Mond 67
Thanks to a local man! Apr 9 Harley M Depue 1
Murray County Deputy Cody Harper Fired? (Jul '11) Apr 1 karmaisabitch 54
Wendi Williams Mar '16 i agree 2
Ben Flowers (Jan '13) Sep '15 boomson tran wren 30
Murray County Scanner Page (Sep '15) Sep '15 Mike 1
News North Texas Boy, 11, Drowns At Turner Falls (Aug '08) Aug '15 jeff 25
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sulphur Mortgages