luvmycabin

O Fallon, MO

#2317 Nov 27, 2012
We are wondering about the gate situation. We were told that that there are just 4 members on the trustee board right now and that if one more member resigns, the gate (chain) comes down. What protects us when that happens?
Luvthecountry

Saint Louis, MO

#2318 Nov 27, 2012
Wow. I had no idea. Dont know what the number of trustees has to do with the gatekeepers. Have never had much faith in our board And I would say NOTHING will protect us other than whatever insurance you have for your property.
Kevin

Ballwin, MO

#2319 Nov 28, 2012
Hello to all who read these notes. My name is Kevin and I live in Fenton. My wife and I were researching properties to both camp, fish, and create great memories for our two children (10 and 9). I currently own a lot at Indian Hills Lake in Cuba, MO and also have a lake lot at Lake Tishomingo in Hillsboro, MO - neither allow camping. So.....this brings me to the possibility of researching your community to see if it could possible be a good fit for our weekend camping trips. We're nice, educated people looking for a nice place to spend some time. I recognize every community will have some negative folks but can some of the nice people out there tell me a few things about the place. I read a bunch of negatives but also see some nice positive things. Before I decide to pursue my options, I wanted to ask all of you. Should I pursue and see the place or run for the hills? Thanks so much for your time and considerations.
luvmycabin

O Fallon, MO

#2320 Nov 28, 2012
Kevin I am there every weekend. I love my country cabin! I have NO problems with Woodland Lakes as a whole. And for camping it will be great! It's inexpensive and quiet. As all subdivisions the key is location, location, location! I love my quiet road and have no problems. We have a full time resident nieghbor who we adore! Some areas I would avoid and othera are just wonderful. If you ever need a host, we would be happy to show you around and give you our HONEST opinios! Take care!
Kevin wrote:
Hello to all who read these notes. My name is Kevin and I live in Fenton. My wife and I were researching properties to both camp, fish, and create great memories for our two children (10 and 9). I currently own a lot at Indian Hills Lake in Cuba, MO and also have a lake lot at Lake Tishomingo in Hillsboro, MO - neither allow camping. So.....this brings me to the possibility of researching your community to see if it could possible be a good fit for our weekend camping trips. We're nice, educated people looking for a nice place to spend some time. I recognize every community will have some negative folks but can some of the nice people out there tell me a few things about the place. I read a bunch of negatives but also see some nice positive things. Before I decide to pursue my options, I wanted to ask all of you. Should I pursue and see the place or run for the hills? Thanks so much for your time and considerations.
luvmycabin

O Fallon, MO

#2321 Nov 28, 2012
sorry for the above typos! doing 2 things at once!
camper

Saint Louis, MO

#2322 Nov 28, 2012
I agree. The place is great for camping. Never had any problems with anyone there. We are also in a quiet area. We love it there. You can get lots cheap there. Go down and check it out. Most of the chatter on this forum is about the political side of WL.
CONCERNED

Saint Louis, MO

#2323 Dec 15, 2012
Merry Christmas! Happy New Year
Lakelotowner

Fenton, MO

#2324 Dec 17, 2012
Luvthecountry wrote:
Wow. I had no idea. Dont know what the number of trustees has to do with the gatekeepers. Have never had much faith in our board And I would say NOTHING will protect us other than whatever insurance you have for your property.
Any suggestions on a company to go with for insurance? I talked to my insurance guy and he indicated that 5 companies said no to insuring the building I have in mind.

Thanks
Woodland weekender

Florissant, MO

#2325 Dec 17, 2012
Our homeowners insurance covers our camper. We don't move it in and out. It stays there all the time.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#2326 Dec 18, 2012
Woodland Lakes is a wonderful place for camping, fishing, swimming, riding 4-wheelers, dune buggies and having some great get-a-way, week-end fun! But Camper is right...it's the politicl aspect that creates the problms. I know alot of good people that camped there and loved it so much, they decided to build, put in a double-wide, etc. It wasn't until they moved to Woodland when the politics kicked in. I think I'll just keep camping and enjoy it.
CONCERNED

Saint Louis, MO

#2327 Dec 18, 2012
If everyone would go to the meeting in April and STAND TOGETHER we could change whatever we want BUT WHO STANDS TOGETHER WE could get rid of TRUSTEES!!!!!!!!!!
camper

Saint Louis, MO

#2328 Dec 19, 2012
I go to the meetings but to honest with you WL is just a weekend camping place and I for one am not getting caught up in WL politics. If your a weekender like me the best thing to do is stay out of the politics. You sure don't want to "rock the boat" down there.
camper 11

United States

#2329 Jan 1, 2013
Woodland is a awesome place to camp. Yes you do not want to rock the boat because they will put you out on your ears. It is being renamed tinker Ville. He has a nice set up he will be paid around 25 million over a 5 year period. He is very smart as how he can screw us , He will be hired before are meeting as a property manger, WHAT qualifications does he have. The sad part is he can get away with it because the other trustees stand behind him. We will have several openings in April which can have a big impact on how it can be ran. There has to be some way we can stop this arrogant irresponsible man from doing anymore why can we not get a management company in here and let us the people decide who we want.
luvmycabin

O Fallon, MO

#2330 Jan 2, 2013
AMERICAN MODERN is the only company that specializes in seasonal cabins. Google the name they have a website to get u started.
Lakelotowner wrote:
<quoted text>
Any suggestions on a company to go with for insurance? I talked to my insurance guy and he indicated that 5 companies said no to insuring the building I have in mind.
Thanks
luvmycabin

O Fallon, MO

#2331 Jan 2, 2013
They CAN NOT keep you from your property if you have paid your assesments, period! The only authority they have is in operating the gate/chain. That is it. Washington County provides the local governing body. The trustee's are caretakers of a subdivision,that is all.
camper

Saint Louis, MO

#2332 Jan 3, 2013
I do know several owners were banned from WL. Yes they say you can still you can walk to your property.
lovemycabinalso

O Fallon, MO

#2333 Jan 3, 2013
luvmycabin wrote:
Im not sure how a person can be banned from Woodland if they are property owners who actually belong there and have paid all assesments and have broken no laws or rules. That's illegal and illogical. Woodland is a recreational community and there are rules to be followed or lawsuits would be filed. Hopefully in time, there will be a more sophisticated class of property owners who will invest their time and money into a place that has endless potential.
I like how you think. I have been reading your posts. We also enjoy our time there and it is truly what you make of it. I look forward to weekends and alway will at Woodland. I am all for getting people to help with clean up. If all devoted some time we could clean it up. I wear blinders and try not to see all the abandoned RV's, trash, etc but I have noticed that most of the campers now have busted out windows and open doors- maybe trying to tell the owners to clean your lot up or maybe when can see if assessments have been paid and get a group of people to clean it up?
luvmycabin

O Fallon, MO

#2334 Jan 7, 2013
Thank you. And yes I too use blinders while traveling down the roads. My place is nice and we are decent folks. I can see many others who have been building cabins and bringing nice RV's have been great to meet and fun to watch their progress as well. I have NO IDEA how WL can ban anyone that is current on fees and is not a trouble maker. If this is truly happening they need to seek legal counsel! We need more decent folks who care about their surroundings to help clean up! Rotting trailers shoud not be allowed and should be towed for scrap at once! You know these property owners have abandoned the campers and refused to pay assesments. So why let them bring the place down? It would be so easy to just get a collection firm to sue all owners 3+ years behind on assesments. Just get a judgement against them and let them choose to forefit the properties so they can be cleaned up and resold. These are not full time residences so no one would be kicked out of their home. Just sayin.
lovemycabinalso wrote:
<quoted text>
I like how you think. I have been reading your posts. We also enjoy our time there and it is truly what you make of it. I look forward to weekends and alway will at Woodland. I am all for getting people to help with clean up. If all devoted some time we could clean it up. I wear blinders and try not to see all the abandoned RV's, trash, etc but I have noticed that most of the campers now have busted out windows and open doors- maybe trying to tell the owners to clean your lot up or maybe when can see if assessments have been paid and get a group of people to clean it up?
Lakelotowner

Fenton, MO

#2335 Jan 10, 2013
luvmycabin wrote:
AMERICAN MODERN is the only company that specializes in seasonal cabins. Google the name they have a website to get u started.<quoted text>
Thanks.
butch

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#2336 Jan 23, 2013
after your 4 years behind on taxes the state or county takes the property. but some people pay there taxes and not their assesments, which makes no sence.... I want to finfd out if i can clean up the ones that the gon't ownes. the county that takes the property says they have nothing to do with that and its up to the trustees I guess..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sullivan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is there a Confederate flag flying in or around... Dec 24 Betrayed6391 4
Sullivan is a real SAD City to live In (Jul '11) Dec 22 jaydog 7
Problems with Bud st.flooding in Sullivan Dec 21 Sue 7
who are the Leasburg drug dealers Dec 18 no more dopers 1
120-mile Ferguson march met with display of a m... Dec 7 no toast 13
Tina Portell-johnston Nov '14 Concerned 1
Katrina Graham aka Trina Nov '14 curious 2
Sullivan Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web