Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#2352 Mar 9, 2013
Seems to me that people are getting their newsletter. I just hope they are paying attention to what it is actually saying.
BuyALot: Your absolutley right about the tax lots. There's alot of beautiful lots out here that you can purchase at the courthouse steps for a little-of-nothing! The only way the trustees can sell someone elses multi-purpose lots is if they purchased them personaly. Who knows,maybe they swindled the owners and made a deal concerning past due assessment.
The newsletter says there are 4 trustee positions available at the April 13th meeting. However, it also says that the proposals won't go up for vote until the Octber 6th meeting! Why? They've never put proposd amendents in a newsletter that was not going up for vote at the up coming meeting. I can tell you right now, that they will claim it was a mis-print. I was told that first hand when they changed the wording in one of MY proposals to suit THEIR need. They told me it was a mis-print and that it would be changed when it was put into the Trust Indenture. It never was! And WHY should anyone pay $10.00 for a back-ground check? There are currently 2 trustees on the board that have felonies; so what difference would it make?
They're proposing to change our SEMI-ANNUAL meeting to just an ANNUAL meeting. The reasons of these changed proposals are suppose to be "enclosed in[brackets]" but they're not! Why change this? Because this will pretty much cut the property owners out of any say on how things are run in our community. There is pertinent and relevant business that needs to be address ALL YEAR LONG. Why would they want to cut the property owners out of meetings concerning our community? As far as I'm concerned, we should have a property owners meeting EVERY MONTH! Maybe THEN we can cut down on the quarm (as another "proposed amendment" is suggestd).(No offense, Jo.)
They are also wanting to increase our assessments AGAIN! WHY?(No explaination is given on this proposal eiter.) My thought is they need to come up with the extra money to pay Tinker to be the manage here. I don't remember even voting on that one, do you? Looks like we've already had our rights removed about what goes on in here.
camper

Fenton, MO

#2353 Mar 9, 2013
They want to increase assessments for the " fish stocking fund" but they are not stocking fish this spring. I sure don't understand the thinking here.
CONCERNED

Saint Louis, MO

#2354 Mar 11, 2013
What I understand !!!!!!!!!! we already pay $5.00 s toward stocking pond . We all need to be at meeting ,
Im sick of hearing TRUSTEES do what they want VOTE THEM OUT
luvmycabin

O Fallon, MO

#2355 Mar 11, 2013
Hopefully those with concerns can have them heard at the meeting. I want to see in person what everyone is so upset about. I just want to see this placed cleaned up. I don't care who is hired to do what so long as the job gets done. If the job dosn't get done then, that's the time to get upset. I can't wait to finally see these folks.
Buddha Rick

Sullivan, MO

#2356 Mar 12, 2013
I hope we can have chickens, fresh eggs, every major city in the USA can have chickens, I have seen them on roof tops on Broadway in NYC, and San Francisco CA,
CONCERNED

Saint Louis, MO

#2357 Mar 13, 2013
All of us want the place cleaned up!!!!! We invested, in fun! and alot of people that live there ,been nasty so long they they dont know what nice is. and the TRUSTEEs believe in good old boys system and let them live that way.
nick

Sullivan, MO

#2358 Mar 23, 2013
camper two wrote:
WHAT RULES ?oh the ones we are suppose to follow. it a joke the trustees only enforce some of the rules. if you know them you can get by with any thing. Frank DARIAN HE IS GETTING HIRED TO BE THE MANGER OF EVERYTHING OUT THERE,THE kicker is he has no schooling to manage a company like this yet we are going to pay him 40.000 a year this is going on now . did we get a say in it nope it all being done under the table. there are several owners who are living out there in cabin putting in plumbing inside when there is no sewer on there property several that are in his neck of the woods. I could go on and on but those who are there no, the sad thing is he used our lawyer to get it passed so he can do it. it has corrupt out there as it is in the white house with him being number one in the puddle of ducks.
takes 3 ac.legaly to have a septic sys. most lots are not that.
CONCERNED

Saint Louis, MO

#2359 Mar 24, 2013
some people put plumbing in the cabin but use portable holding tank like campers use! only bigger and dont live in there cabin, just visit on weekends, like everyone else and do live is his neck of the woods, but just saying!!!!! and Im tired of everyone talking about how Frank got his job and not doing anything about it,the meeting April 13th , Everyone know how he got his job and we did not vote and we should vote or its not legal if he used our lawyer that he is part of . SO VOICE YOUR OPINION!!!!!!!!!!
joe bob

Sullivan, MO

#2360 Mar 26, 2013
Nick it is 3ac for a lagoon, not a septic sys, you got the net look it up... call the health department they can tell you as well what you need and how to do it.
luvmycabin

O Fallon, MO

#2361 Mar 27, 2013
Does anyone know what kind of septic system would go on a small lake lot that would be a residence?
Looking to maybe buy a lake lot and build a small place to retire.
luvmycabin

O Fallon, MO

#2362 Mar 27, 2013
All assessments, either annual or special, shall from the day they are due (together with any and all interest and costs of collection, including attorney fees, and charges, which may be lawfully made by or under the authority of the indenture) constitute an automatic lien on the assessed lots and the personal obligation of the owner(s) of such lots until fully paid. Such assessments (together with any and all interest and costs of collection, including attorney fees, and charges, which may be lawfully made by or under the authority of the indenture) shall bear interest at the rate of .0083 percent per month if not paid within thirty (30) days of the date when due. The Trusteeship may, in addition, execute and acknowledge an instrument reciting the existence of the assessments with respect to any one or more lots and cause same to be recorded in the office of the Recorder of Deeds, and the Trusteeship may upon payment, cancel or release any one or more lots from the liability of assessments by executing, acknowledging, and recording (at the expense of the owner of the property affected) a release of such assessment with respect to any property affected) a release of such assessment with respect to any lot or lots affected. The Trusteeship may institute proceedings to foreclose the lien imposed by the failure to pay assessments (together with any and all interest and costs of collection, including attorney fees, and charges, which may be lawfully made by or under authority of the indenture) under this instrument in a court of competent jurisdiction. Lot purchases and owners may also enforce this Article for the failure to pay lot assessments (together with any and all interest and costs of collection, attorney fees, and charges, which may be lawfully made by or under authority of the indenture).
WHY HASN'T THIS BEEN DONE? THERE ARE MANY GREAT LOTS THAT COULD BE RESOLD. SOME HAVE SEPTIC AND WELLS OR ARE ON LAKES. THESE OWNERS ARE CHOOSING NOT TO PAY AND LET THESE LOTS RUN DOWN. WHY LET THEM? IF THE TRUSTEE'S WOULD THREATEN SUIT MOST OF THESE ACCOUNTS WOULD BE PAID! IMAGINE THE CASHFLOW THEN! WHO IS THE WL ATTY?
butch wrote:
after your 4 years behind on taxes the state or county takes the property. but some people pay there taxes and not their assesments, which makes no sence.... I want to finfd out if i can clean up the ones that the gon't ownes. the county that takes the property says they have nothing to do with that and its up to the trustees I guess..
aya

Chicago, IL

#2363 Mar 30, 2013
Is there general warranty deed for lots, because my relative got just quit claim deed from the seller. I am interested in to lots , but only with general warranty deed???

Thank you

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#2364 Apr 8, 2013
aya wrote:
Is there general warranty deed for lots, because my relative got just quit claim deed from the seller. I am interested in to lots , but only with general warranty deed???
Thank you
Either or. General warranty deed OR a quit claim deed makes you the legal owner of the property.
camping lovers

United States

#2365 Apr 8, 2013
Remember the meeting this weekend, ask questions, like why they hired a man who was already bought out once, with them wanting a meeting once a year what happens if it something that should be brought up to us the property owners. Also since a trustee resigned who do I hear him still so much on scanner giving orders to our cops etc.. maybe some one could bring in a management company to address the property owners at this meeting. We are putting our trust in a bunch of people to run a million dollar company who have no business degrees are acknowledgement in running a business no wonder things are as they are.
Mike Fleet

Clarksville, TN

#2366 Apr 9, 2013
It's been the same way for yr's and nothing changes.It's a real shit hole.Nothing nice about that shitty place.Crooks,Corruption,Drunks ,Drugs,Hoes and thieves.I went with a friend to his property and I said man whats the deal with this place? Talk about shit holes man this is not worth my money.Finally got my buddy to go check out another lake place that is nice but he can't get rid of his place even selling it dirt cheap so the city can have that shit.
Fenton boy

High Ridge, MO

#2367 Apr 13, 2013
I am considering buying a camping lot out there. Can anyone tell me about the bass fishing? Any big ones, good quantity, etc? Thank you
Sullivan Boy

Sullivan, MO

#2368 Apr 13, 2013
Fenton boy wrote:
I am considering buying a camping lot out there. Can anyone tell me about the bass fishing? Any big ones, good quantity, etc? Thank you
well there is 6000 lots that people pay on and as of next year we will pay $18,000.00 to sock Woodland lake and 2 othere lakes with BIG FISH.. so come on down and get a lot
More the you know

Clarksville, TN

#2369 Apr 15, 2013
Sock Woodland lake.lol,Oh boy Sullivan boy your really trying to get the fools there so you can keep getting that check off of those who don't know whats really going on.Those lakes have had batteries and all kinds of toxic waste dumped into them so those fish aren't worth eating.
camper two

United States

#2370 Apr 15, 2013
We have been out here and have fished all the lakes for over 20 years and have ate lots of fish from here, Conservation also regulates our lake. If that you have to do is complain and bad mouth the place. Then move somewhere else will you be happy. We love it out here.
More the you know wrote:
Sock Woodland lake.lol,Oh boy Sullivan boy your really trying to get the fools there so you can keep getting that check off of those who don't know whats really going on.Those lakes have had batteries and all kinds of toxic waste dumped into them so those fish aren't worth eating.
ForgetTheHaters

Florissant, MO

#2371 Apr 15, 2013
More the you know wrote:
shut your filthy lying pie hole. I'm guessing your likely one of the vermin that woodland had to ban.
To answer the op's question. Yes we have several lakes that are stocked and ready for fishing. They stock half the lakes each year, so half one year...the other half the next.
Just last weekend I was watching a few folks tearing up the crappie and bass on greens.
It may be overfished a bit, lots of catch and release so that helps. Actually I'd like to see a 'larger than state regs' keeper rule or catch and release only for just a season and we'd see bigger, better quality fish. But they're still doing good under std. state regs.
As our other neighbor mentioned, MDC has a big hand in monitoring and advisement so there's no question about the water quality. I've been swimming in those lakes for over 15 yrs now and had to have had ingested an awful lot of lake water doing so. Never been sick, had any skin irritation, nothing.
Nevermind all the fish we've eaten.
Come check it out and don't bother listening to the haters. Mostly just riff raff that have been booted out for various reasons.
Personally I wouldn't want to live there full time just because there are a lot of 'rules' in place to try and keep the peace and I like a little more room to spread out. But for weekends and the occasional week or two 'stay-cation' getaway to unwind, well for the money it can't be beat.
I've yet to have any problems and have made a lot of lifelong friends I wouldn't have had the opportunity to meet otherwise.
See ya at the lakes!

oh, and there are an awful lot of back tax properties on the books for cheap. might take a little research but many are prime lots in the rough just waiting to be grabbed. The office folks can help you out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sullivan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 some (Mar '17) May '18 Rdy 5
Meramec cavern Apr '18 Donald Trump 2
Onna Sykes Apr '18 BigMama 6
Beverly Nash (May '15) Mar '18 anon123 6
Robert burgess (Nov '15) Feb '18 Literally Robert ... 2
Auto theft in Oak Grove? (Jan '10) Feb '18 Hailey 4
Michaell Sanders (Jun '17) Feb '18 Faith 2

Sullivan Jobs

Personal Finance

Sullivan Mortgages