butch

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#2189 May 3, 2012
Iz juz wantz E V 1 to has a Gud tyme ya"ll
camper

Saint Louis, MO

#2190 May 3, 2012
butch wrote:
hopefully the pool as well .... to me crystal is fine weather you party or not . but due to all the complaints , which I understand .. A non alcohol beach at the woodland lake or another lake would be well recieved..
I did suggest a non alcohol beach to a trustee and was told no because it would not be enforced.
property owner

United States

#2191 May 8, 2012
Many people ride their atv's. There is a posted speed limit of 25 mph, though. There is no open space, that I know of. As far as I know, the roads are the only places to ride. Some are paved, some are not. Some are paved but not in good shape. Hope this helps.

Oh, and BTW, if you buy there and speed past my place, expect to meet me. I am a mother of 2 children, one of which has just turned 5.
Dirt bike riders wrote:
Hello,
I've been looking for an area for my family & I to ride our dirt bikes & ATV on the weekends, and I understand they allow them here.
My questions are the following:
#1. "Are there any wide open spaces and trails to ride on, or mainly just flat dirt/rock roads?"
#2. "If there is a specific ATV/dirt bike riding area, how large is it (acres/miles)?"
I've been looking at Lake Hanna as well...
I'd appreciate any/all comments concerning this, and thank you in advance!!
nick

Sullivan, MO

#2192 May 17, 2012
Don Juan wrote:
<quoted text> what is a ask hole maybe you need the brains no wonder you support him ! lol
use your imagination ask hole
LOVEITATWOODLAND

Saint Louis, MO

#2193 May 23, 2012
TO EVERYONE COMING TO WL MEMORIAL WEEKEND:
Have a happy and safe weekend!!!!
RDE

Sullivan, MO

#2194 May 26, 2012
Well it is a mad house out here in WL i am just hope we can get through it with out anyone getting hurt or anything so far so good
KELLY--WOW

Charlotte, NC

#2195 Jun 4, 2012
I WAS really interested in buying property. not now. not after this site. i dont want my things stolen or criminals who cant afford to license their vehicles let alone driving them crazily around with no concern on hitting children or adults for that matter. if you cant afford to license your cars/trucks.... then you cant afford property let alone the clean up to take care of it... but im also sure im helping pay for you groceries with the EBT card you would be using at teh local store.
Long time camper

United States

#2196 Jun 6, 2012
I got my lot from My grandpa whom bought when the Place friar opened. The only negative I see is that people some down here and act like fools on atvs and cars just cause ur camping doesn't give you the right to act like an ass. I am glad I saw a sheriff out there pulling folks over. Just remember to be respectful of other and not drive around blasting a pa system or be screaming drunk at 3 in the morning have fun be safe and respectful.
butch

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#2197 Jun 7, 2012
its a gr8 place for the money. dont let people you dont know make your decision on weather or not to buy in woodlands by what they say on this site, Its all good at the Wood......land lakes...
youngfamily

Lake Ozark, MO

#2198 Jun 17, 2012
My family and I are interested in purchasing a lot to eventually build a small cabin on but in the mean time use our pop up. We have been seriously considering Woodland Lakes, however, I am concerned about the number of negativity the site contains. This would be a very exciting yet large purchase for us and I don't want to walk into a nightmare. Can anyone provide some positive input on this location?
LOVEITATWOODLAND

United States

#2199 Jun 18, 2012
youngfamily wrote:
My family and I are interested in purchasing a lot to eventually build a small cabin on but in the mean time use our pop up. We have been seriously considering Woodland Lakes, however, I am concerned about the number of negativity the site contains. This would be a very exciting yet large purchase for us and I don't want to walk into a nightmare. Can anyone provide some positive input on this location?
My husband and I have had a place at Woodland for years. I love it. There're always some bad apples but, for the most part, it's a great place-and you'll have that no matter where you go. Come down and check it out. I have to warn you in advance, though, that holiday weekends are the exception to the rule. Holidays are what my husband called amatuer weekends. lol Every other weekend is peaceful and relaxing. And, even on holiday weekends, we never really had any trouble - a little noisy, a little dusty. Woodland has always been our little escape.

I hope that helped some. I'm not going to steer you wrong. There are problems-just like every where else. But, Woodland was where we wanted to retire. Does that make sense? We wouldn't voluntarily move to a place with out-of-control problems. There are people on here who only want to complain and can't see the beauty of it.
youngfamily

San Francisco, CA

#2200 Jun 19, 2012
LOVEITATWOODLAND wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband and I have had a place at Woodland for years. I love it. There're always some bad apples but, for the most part, it's a great place-and you'll have that no matter where you go. Come down and check it out. I have to warn you in advance, though, that holiday weekends are the exception to the rule. Holidays are what my husband called amatuer weekends. lol Every other weekend is peaceful and relaxing. And, even on holiday weekends, we never really had any trouble - a little noisy, a little dusty. Woodland has always been our little escape.
I hope that helped some. I'm not going to steer you wrong. There are problems-just like every where else. But, Woodland was where we wanted to retire. Does that make sense? We wouldn't voluntarily move to a place with out-of-control problems. There are people on here who only want to complain and can't see the beauty of it.
Thank you! I really think we are going to try to come down this weekend and check what is for sale. I am getting really excited. We decided since we are married 10 years this year we would take a great trip - or buy a lake lot. LOL My vote is for the lake lot! Thank you again for the positive feedback and maybe soon we will be neighbors!:)
camper

Saint Louis, MO

#2201 Jun 19, 2012
I do agree it is a great place. You can find some really cheap lots though you will have to put in a little work. I found a lot with electric already on the lot for 500 dollars. The place is very relaxing and quiet.
loving it

United States

#2202 Jun 19, 2012
anyone interested in two muliti purpose lots on woodland lakes. has everything you need from pots and pans to bed linen. It also has two sheds paddle boat camper boat dock riding mower
all for 20.000 firm.leave me your email we can show it this week are weekend.
LOVEITATWOODLAND

United States

#2203 Jun 22, 2012
Hello All,

I was wondering what 4th of July plans were for Woodland? Are people planning the weekend before or the weekend after? With the 4th on Wed, it throws it all off for a long weekend.

I know that the kiddie carnival is the weekend before on the 30th. I wish them all the best. It's so great to see such involvement in the community. Woodland is a great place. I hope everyone comes out for the carnival and supports the POA.

I wish everyone a happy and safe 4th.
Theives Paradise

Florissant, MO

#2204 Jun 24, 2012
Well Sheriff Tom as usual our $70,000 a year we pay you is for naught.

3 cabins on driftwood burglarized in just the last few weeks alone, one was hit twice in less than a week! I'm sure there are others, and it just keeps getting worse.

The place is far too big for one person to patrol, not that you really do any patrolling.
Your over-inflated salary could pay for at least four part timers with far better results. We do not need armed security, or cops and any one who believes we do is either nuts or is part of the fleecing that over runs Woodland.
At least if we had several hi-viz and frequent patrols running 24/7 the thieves and degenerates might be scared of ACTUALLY being caught.
Top that off with our Sheriff, a paid Woodland representative telling a person who was robbed that "Woodland isn't a storage facility, and not to leave anything of any value". That's the message we want to send? The place is a S#@THole and we're not going to try and fix it.

You average about $35 an HOUR! Most union trades people don't make that kind of money, it's ridiculous and seeing that you provide no real results how can we justify continuing to waste this kind of money?

It's time for your gravy train to end and replace you with a security team that actually works.
I hope this happens before one of our decent owners ends up killing one of these theives, either by direct confrontation or by booby trapping their place cause they're fed up!
Luvmycabin

O Fallon, MO

#2205 Jun 25, 2012
We love it there. Remember that even though there are some burglaries at Woodland, having a camper or cabin on land with NO SECURITY is much worse. Use common sense. Lock it up tight, install a very loud alarm( they are not expensive) and make friends with your nieghbors. The more decent people we can attract down there the better it will be in the future.There are MANY good people down there. It is a rural community and it's alittle loose down there. That should be expected.
Luvmycabin

O Fallon, MO

#2206 Jun 25, 2012
Agreed. If they are being paid they need to do the job. Sorry to hear about the burglaries! I've had items taken too, luckily no one has bothered the building so far! I have a wonderful and devoted nieghbor, bless him!
Theives Paradise wrote:
3 cabins on driftwood burglarized in just the last few weeks alone, one was hit twice in less than a week! I'm sure there are others, and it just keeps getting worse.
The place is far too big for one person to patrol, not that you really do any patrolling.
Your over-inflated salary could pay for at least four part timers with far better results. We do not need armed security, or cops and any one who believes we do is either nuts or is part of the fleecing that over runs Woodland.
At least if we had several hi-viz and frequent patrols running 24/7 the thieves and degenerates might be scared of ACTUALLY being caught.
Top that off with our Sheriff, a paid Woodland representative telling a person who was robbed that "Woodland isn't a storage facility, and not to leave anything of any value". That's the message we want to send? The place is a S#@THole and we're not going to try and fix it.
You average about $35 an HOUR! Most union trades people don't make that kind of money, it's ridiculous and seeing that you provide no real results how can we justify continuing to waste this kind of money?
It's time for your gravy train to end and replace you with a security team that actually works.
I hope this happens before one of our decent owners ends up killing one of these theives, either by direct confrontation or by booby trapping their place cause they're fed up!
Resident

Sullivan, MO

#2207 Jun 25, 2012
Theives Paradise wrote:
Obviously you were not here years ago when we hired him as a deputy over security guards that sit in booths and cant do anything. The assesment increase for him passed by at least 85 percent of the vote. He has made a huge difference. He only makes 35K but Im sure he wishes he made what you think he does. You are grossly misinformed. Or you just make it up as you go.

The place is not a storage facility. If you leave your stuff here it will get stolen just like anyplace else. You have entire departments where you live and they cant stop the theives either. We have people like you to thank for the thefts. You have made it a theives paradise, by leaving your stuff here cause your too lazy to take it home. Or too cheap to put it in storage.

We have never been stolen from cause we dont leave it there for them to steal. By the way,'robbed' is not the correct term. Did someone hold you up? Didn't here about that one. lol

Misinformed and ignorant people like you give the place a bad name.
jay

Sullivan, MO

#2208 Jun 25, 2012
youngfamily wrote:
be smart and find something else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sullivan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) 2 hr FedUp 1,087
Rosanna Borden 6 hr hmmmmmm 2
who are the Leasburg drug dealers (Dec '14) Sep 13 Grown up 2
Old ugly man who wears 'god' hat at mobil station? (Feb '11) Sep 13 Grown up 3
News Widow Seeks Answers In Fatal Hit-And-Run (Dec '09) Sep 11 KayKay 3
Pizza hut Sep 7 waluigi 2
Woodland Lakes, Sullivan, MO (Jan '17) Aug '17 FrumpyMom2 22

Sullivan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sullivan Mortgages