Please no halfway house in our neighb...

Please no halfway house in our neighborhood !Please help us WTHI >

Posted in the Sullivan Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

South Bend, IN

#1 Aug 28, 2008
There is now going to be a "Halfway House" going in on Crowder street!! The kinds of people that are going to be in this house is just not right, there are many children in this neighborhood and lets not forget it's only a block down from The Sullivan County "Public" Library. We are not even going to be able to let our kids walk over there and enjoy a book from the library because I dont know about you but I dont trust a bunch of Dope Head ex convicts. Maybe Ms.Woods could get this moved in one of those empty houses down there on South State by her?. Maybe, they could be put to work over at the Recycle Center keeping the place cleaned up??? Seriously though, not by the Library, I mean come on!!
Me Myself and I

Britton, MI

#2 Aug 28, 2008
possible truth wrote:
There is now going to be a "Halfway House" going in on Crowder street!! The kinds of people that are going to be in this house is just not right, there are many children in this neighborhood and lets not forget it's only a block down from The Sullivan County "Public" Library. We are not even going to be able to let our kids walk over there and enjoy a book from the library because I dont know about you but I dont trust a bunch of Dope Head ex convicts. Maybe Ms.Woods could get this moved in one of those empty houses down there on South State by her?. Maybe, they could be put to work over at the Recycle Center keeping the place cleaned up??? Seriously though, not by the Library, I mean come on!!
It's obvious you don't really know anything about the " THE LUKE HOUSE" The people that will be in this "rehab"(there not sex offenders) will be tested for alcohol and drugs I ask you this if you have a empty house next to you and the owner rents it out how do you know if
they are on drugs or will they be dealing dope at all times of the night maybe even have a working meth lab right next to you? the people that will be housed there will be tested before they are allowed to even step in that house and tested on a regular bases, there will be staff there at all times monitoring there every move again I ask you this whats going on next door to you? you don't know. The people will be policed more then anyone living next to you even More thin anyone living in Sullivan they did there time they want a new start and get back in the community be productive and contribute more thin you will ever know I suggest you attend the next meeting which is slated for September 8th at 6:30 p.m. at the Christian Church and ask all the questions you want I would rather have someone living next to me and my kids that are monitored like they will be then strangers that could be up to no good and be doing it right in front of me and I not even know it until the cops bust the place, lastly I believe you have a valid concern whoever you don't know all the facts hope to see you Sept. 8th
Julie

Winburne, PA

#3 Aug 29, 2008
I don't see a problem with Luke house being on Crowder street. you can have people on drugs on any street in town. the people who will be living at this house are trying to straighten up their lifes so we need to support them.

South Bend, IN

#4 Sep 3, 2008
Ok, check this out. I bet the "clients" that are going to be in this halfway house are going to be given an option like " Go to jail for a year or go to the LUKE HOUSE for 6 months" I mean come on, what would you choose? These shit bags are going to go to get out early not for help! Just what I want my kids to see on the way to the library, a bunch of dope heads going through withdraws. Think of this, this happens at the jail, some buddy of theirs drives by and drops off a "Package" for one of them by the curb or in a storm drain for later pickup, BUT one of our children finds it and overdoses on it! Who's door do I go knockin on?? Again, this happens at the Jail so why not the Luke house by the Public Library? Dope heads will get their fix no matter where they are.
Yes yes

Mitchell, GA

#5 Sep 4, 2008
Just look which Sullivan County attorney spear headed the buy. Mr No morals or No values himself. Anything goes. Unless you are not in the good ole boys society. Just take a look a his track record his own additions with drugs, spirits and Yes SEX ADDICTION. Just check out his list of open door room at the Holiday Inn.

The people who are for usually have been there or are hiding a closet adiction.
possible truth wrote:
Ok, check this out. I bet the "clients" that are going to be in this halfway house are going to be given an option like " Go to jail for a year or go to the LUKE HOUSE for 6 months" I mean come on, what would you choose? These shit bags are going to go to get out early not for help! Just what I want my kids to see on the way to the library, a bunch of dope heads going through withdraws. Think of this, this happens at the jail, some buddy of theirs drives by and drops off a "Package" for one of them by the curb or in a storm drain for later pickup, BUT one of our children finds it and overdoses on it! Who's door do I go knockin on?? Again, this happens at the Jail so why not the Luke house by the Public Library? Dope heads will get their fix no matter where they are.
Me Myself and I

League City, TX

#6 Sep 4, 2008
All of you could speculate your brains out and come up with all sorts of what ifs, the fact still remains thees people will have to prove by testing that there clean and sober before there admitted and continually during there stay you seam to forget this is a Faith based endeavor, all your what ifs are unfounded, let one of you that have not done wrong throw the first stone

South Bend, IN

#7 Sep 5, 2008
Look at some of the names on this list, is this a list of potential residents for your Luke House? Friends and Sponsors

The Luke House would like to thank the following individuals and organizations for their generous support through their thoughts, donations or art. We will be adding more names so please do not think we have forgotten anyone. We also want to acknowledge those who have chosen to remain anonymous.
First Financial Bank

Freebirds Solution Center
Jack Tanner

Kevin Ball

Duke Energy - Grant
Hamilton Center, Inc.- Sponsor
Sullivan First Presbyterian Church
Sullivan First Christian Church
Shelburn United Methodist Church

Dr. Irving Haber
Beth Steele and family
Ruth Sluder
ISU Credit Union
Trotter Sports Center
Joe and Teresa Trotter
Shirley Hollifield

Tim and Dawn Clark

Molly Woods
Karen Woods
Ben and Bevera Hooper

Todd Bolland

Josh Bogard
Bob Bowen
Joey Baughman

Bob Springer

Sullivan Co. Prosecutor's Office

Fatherís Glory Ministries

Doug and Clara Inman

Billy Carrico

Mark Headley

Tom McClanahan

Johnny Swalls

Joann Davis

Bob Hagemeier

Ed Bradley

Connie and Eddie HaysFamily

John Gettinger

Jimmy Pirtle

Cindy Slater

Ken Tucker
Thom Ready
Tammy Lowe
Pam Jarvis
Michelle Lee

Doug Followell
Ronnie Stanley

Roger Losch

Billie Plummer
Julie Foster

Sharon Payne and family
Holly Moody
Solly Burton

Carl and Angie Melchert
Joe Guerrettaz

James and Lois Thompson
Gary Walls
Darlene Hunley
Philpot

Michael Kelsey

Bryan and Amy Kinnett

Connie Bolinger

Pam and Ron Hodge

Dodd's Sawmill

Weezer Jenkins

Fred and Kim Sanky

Sullivan County Sheriff's Department

Joe Wright

Kathy Snavely

Stacy Basham

Lynn and Pat Southwood

Chubby's Septic Service

Kerri McDonald

Ron Moreland

Sullivan First United Methodist Church Mission Group

Larimer Family and Wesleyan Church

Malinda Medsker

Rita Walters

South Bend, IN

#8 Sep 5, 2008
Ken Kenneth Tucker ask him if his number is 880700
Me Myself and I

United States

#9 Sep 8, 2008
possible truth wrote:
Ken Kenneth Tucker ask him if his number is 880700
Please clue me in what is this number all about
Nimby scather

League City, TX

#10 Sep 10, 2008
possible truth wrote:
Maybe You NIMBY people should read the ' Fair Housing Act ',..Then check your bank account before You put Your Selfish interests ahead of the Whole community,..You Really sound like someone "Thinks one way,while Acting another " a Bigot,I think is the definition,..
popo

Anadarko, OK

#11 Sep 18, 2008
possible truth wrote:
not by the Library, I mean come on!!
Get real Jack. You already have crank heads and freaks in your neighborhood. The Luke House will be a controlled environment (the rest of the neighborhood isn't). If the Luke House resident screws up, he/she is out of the house and out of the neighborhood.

Take a look around. The community eyesore is no more. The place already looks better than it has in years. That is just a start.

If it is in your neighborhood, be a neighbor and go over and help. Go ahead. You might find out you can be a decent person like these decent people trying to do something positive for their fellow human beings.

You already know jail doesn't work on most of these meth addicts. If Luke House can save a few it is worth the effort.

God Bless these people and I thank them for their efforts.
The Truth

League City, TX

#12 Sep 19, 2008
Seems like this is Only The First 'Half way House ' to be in this neighborhood,..If All goes Well,..A second one is In the making !YES,It`s True !
Listen to the real Truth

Terre Haute, IN

#13 Sep 19, 2008
To "possible truth" and "yes yes" I want to say you have so much of your facts wrong. I am not going to argue with you, several people on this discussion board have tried to talk to you but your either too full of hate or scared that you won't listen.

First of all, The Luke House is really not a half way house. It is a place that will be safe from alcohol and drugs to allow those who are taking their first steps back out into society while walking in recovery. No one in the house will have any type of violent or sexual conviction. It will also have a zero tolerance policy. If some slips or stumbles, they will be kicked out. And instead of you thinking a judge will give them choice of jail or The Luke House, you need to know that would not be offered to someone with no chance of making it. Besides my understanding when they are offered a chance at a recovery program their step are written down and accounted for to their Probation Officer. Failing to complete they immediately go back to jail. A Half Way House is usually ran by the state and controled by them. This is a community problems and thus a community home. If you believe in a God of second chances then you need to come and join others who are working hard to keep Sullivan Co. from being the #1 county in meth labs and busts. Instead people believe in giving second chances in hopes of putting families back together, saving lives and stopping the crimes associated with addictions. I believe you don't want to hear these words, thats fine keep using scare tatics and spewing hate, people will quit listening to you. Faith based recovery homes do have a deceit success rate.
Thank You to all who are supporting the only hope for these people! We need you! Come visit the booth at the Corn Festival!
KRB

Sullivan, IN

#14 Sep 22, 2008
obviously the person who created this forum doesnt believe in some people changing. Those "dope heads" are peoples families who are trying to better themselves. You should be ashamed of yourself. That will be a controlled environment so dont worry about your kids. Those people have a right to be there like you have a right to live where you do. Your pathetic

South Bend, IN

#15 Sep 25, 2008
Ok all you "Supporters" I want you all to remember all of these cmments. One day the Luke House will fall flat on your faces and will then close due to one of the "clients" doing something real bad or due to most of them getting out and reoffending just like they do when they get out of jail. Hey I have an idea, there is a paint huffer in hymera( I think he may be in jail right now again) he needs your "help" put him first on the list. Take that as a challenge. Ill be watching. JM
MEE 1

Punxsutawney, PA

#16 Sep 26, 2008
O my goodness, This is silly. All I can say is I pray for these people and pray for their families and that they really want to change and that people will give them a chance.
josh

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Jan 30, 2011
kels that you? you can chat on here? thats dope
josh

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Jan 30, 2011
aye f*ck a hlfway house ya neesds to come home
Kerplunk

Chicago, IL

#19 Feb 6, 2011
This is Sullivan.

I can assure you, you aren't going to be walking by that many more addicts than you already were taking your kids to the library. If you want your kids to walk down a Leave it to Beaver street, you're going to have to move to a different city. Even then I doubt it will help.
drgsrbd

Lansing, IL

#20 Mar 2, 2011
possible truth wrote:
actually the people in the luke house are ppl that have already served there time and choose to go there to be educated on how to stay clean and to get support. they are good ppl plus you have brent sanders living in your neighborhood, hes been selling and doing drugs for years he has hiv and hep c and he's a sex offender. r u losing focus geeez o pete u just lookin for something to talk about get a new topic. he attacked and raped a girl that was leaving the library so theres something to talk about genious

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sullivan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brown Squad 6 hr Clark 7
New Town Marshal 23 hr Teddy 4
House behind caseys Mon Wow 43
What do guards make on the hour Sun Linda 2
Jama pegg (Jun '16) Sat Ups 5
City Taxpayers footing bill for Runts electricity Aug 17 Bongo 5
Prison (Jun '16) Aug 16 Frank 30

Sullivan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance