Next Last
Mad as Hell

Vincennes, IN

#1 Aug 16, 2011
Whos the best of the three????
innkeeper

Terre Haute, IN

#2 Aug 16, 2011
I encourage everyone to add John McCammon and SullivanCounty Commissioner to their Facebook friends lists.

Read some of that guy's posts.. How did someone who can't read and write get elected commissioner?
ducky

United States

#3 Aug 16, 2011
I say with the way John and Luke have done the county we should be bankrupt by next year. I guess from 54 south can become Knox County and North can be Vigo.

John said he may not run again, rats on a sinking ship.

Sorry Tim, hope they gave you some vaseline and a kiss.
WALTER CRONKITE

Bloomfield, IN

#4 Aug 16, 2011
what is the story on insurance fraud misner mentioned in mondays meeting?
Chenique

Carmel, IN

#5 Aug 17, 2011
This all seems so ridiculous and illegal. Two people who have already been screwing the county over shouldn't be able to get together and toss out the only honest guy. Surely something can be done? Write our state representative?
get real

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Aug 17, 2011
Chenique wrote:
This all seems so ridiculous and illegal. Two people who have already been screwing the county over shouldn't be able to get together and toss out the only honest guy. Surely something can be done? Write our state representative?
Honest guy???? Tim YEAH RIGHT!!!! That guy is a joke. Poor Tim? YEAH RIGHT!!!
get real

Terre Haute, IN

#7 Aug 17, 2011
There is nothing illegal about this at all. In fact this should have been done years ago. ven Ray McCammon said they were looking at doing it when he was in. People are mad cause its another blow to the good ole boy network!!
cant believe it

Clay City, IN

#8 Aug 17, 2011
I think it is just political. in my opinion those two are idiots. They are takking voting rights away from people. I think both of them should resign.
yep

Chicago, IL

#9 Aug 17, 2011
I like the good ole boy's better than the new kid.
he is a joke. If he took drama class I would say his score was high. He sure does like it.
Eric

United States

#10 Aug 17, 2011
Farewell Tim. Don't let the door hit you in the rear.
WONDERING

Bloomfield, IN

#11 Aug 17, 2011
does anybody know what misners' comment about people getting insurance that are not eligible for it. and how its' costing tax payers money . we have the right to know if it is costing us tax dollars
newsflash

Terre Haute, IN

#12 Aug 17, 2011
Misner is a liar
million dollar mistake

Terre Haute, IN

#13 Aug 17, 2011
Yes someway and no one knows how the employees at the SullivaN lIBRARY got on the County Insurance plan( Maybe they got on becuase Tim Abram's sister works there but I am not sure) Anyway, someone their at Library ends up with cancer and cost the county over a million dollars in medical bills. Now no ones seems to know how they even got on the county insurance plan to begin with but the county is on the hook for over a million dollars.
WONDERING

Bloomfield, IN

#14 Aug 17, 2011
if this is true this is total BULL SHIT! I HAVE A HARD TIME PAYING MY INSURANCE BILL,plus the hospital,and if you dont you and i get sued.so if the good ole boys pulled one to help one of thier own then then the people need to know about it and lets see how its dealt with.
lamont

Bloomington, IN

#15 Aug 18, 2011
WONDERING wrote:
if this is true this is total BULL SHIT! I HAVE A HARD TIME PAYING MY INSURANCE BILL,plus the hospital,and if you dont you and i get sued.so if the good ole boys pulled one to help one of thier own then then the people need to know about it and lets see how its dealt with.
We'll never know. It'll be swept under the rug.."we can't change it now" "we can't determine how it happened" ..all the regular 'good ole boy' excuses. Just watch.
I know

Terre Haute, IN

#16 Aug 18, 2011
million dollar mistake wrote:
Yes someway and no one knows how the employees at the SullivaN lIBRARY got on the County Insurance plan( Maybe they got on becuase Tim Abram's sister works there but I am not sure) Anyway, someone their at Library ends up with cancer and cost the county over a million dollars in medical bills. Now no ones seems to know how they even got on the county insurance plan to begin with but the county is on the hook for over a million dollars.
They ARE county employees, look at your tax receipts, your tax dollars run the library. As such, they are entitled to all county benefits.
look

Terre Haute, IN

#17 Aug 18, 2011
OK. So let's say the county did illegally provide benefits to the library. What happens? The county gets sued, costing tax payers even more money? Luke doesn't care about your tax dollars, he's just in it to help his friends and family make money. Example 1. He wanted to slow down a deal to close roads in Jefferson Township to slow down Peabody's coal operation, so that his family could get a better deal on their land from Peabody. Example 2. Luke tried to get the county to spend nearly 2 grand a month on renting space from his Dugger buddy and neighbor to store records when there was ample space in the courthouse.
If he wants to prove that someone did something wrong, so be it. But like those who tried to prove a point at the park and lake with the ditch screw up, all it's doing is costing tax payers more money... So be happy when all your roads are crap and all the money is paying for legal fees.
WONDERING

Bloomfield, IN

#18 Aug 18, 2011
DEAR LOOK what are you saying? do you think its alright for the county to do somthing illegal. first its not the county its the elected officials decision to do wrong . these people were elected and took an oath to not do any illegal activites or be in any wrong conduct so help them god.also dont blame misner for bringing it up to sullivan tax payers how long has this kind of stuff been going on.and if so who knows how much of tax payers money is lost. also if illegal acts were committed them they should be prosecuted as any one else would be not just sue the county and business as always.one more thing LOOK are you blind the majority of roads in this county are crap already.
bonding companys

Terre Haute, IN

#19 Aug 18, 2011
I can not beleive someone would more or less says it is ok to steal from the county. Especially we are talking about over a million dollars. Now I see why our county is always broke it does not matter how much tax money they take in they find stupid ways of spending it. Come now 6 hired people at a dog pound that was suppost to be run by volunteers? What next a new jail even tho our present one is less then 30 years old?
tmil

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Aug 18, 2011
Sounds like Luke and his friends use Topix a lot. I think if $1 million was wrongly spent, it would have been caught by the state board of accounts. Also, I too would like to see this investigated so that Luke would have to eat his words - again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sullivan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ribbon cutting at new central park 5 hr Durrr 4
Mayor's Performance ? Fri Omg 55
Obama/Bergdalh Fri Word 9
How you doin Mar 25 idemsoon 4
Landree mine have coal trucks now? Mar 25 Hatethatmine 2
New Sullivan County Newspaper coming to Sulliva... Mar 22 sulivandailydisap... 8
Sunrise Coal vs Black Panther Coal (Sep '11) Mar 22 Really 48

Flood Warning for Sullivan County was issued at March 28 at 1:30PM EDT

Sullivan Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sullivan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]