New Steak house and BBQ

Posted in the Sullivan Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
steak

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Nov 12, 2012
Anyone know when the new steak house and BBQ place opens up ? If I worked at the Melody lounge I would already have my application in at new steak house because less then one month after new place opens that place will be closed.
hate to see it go

Terre Haute, IN

#2 Nov 13, 2012
I hate to see the Melody go, but I agree with you. As long as they have grouchy old waitresses what can you expect that one old waitress in that place must of came with the building because she has been with the place I bet since it opened. Well soon she will go when they close the place down. Sorry to say but they should of got rid of her a long time ago but when you got the only steak house in town you can do what ever you want. (Like never change the salad bar)Now the clock is ticking its days are numbered.
ALSO HEARD

Bloomfield, IN

#3 Nov 14, 2012
this is no rumor i heard it too. its opening in januray and thank god its smoke free, and the oprators are from vinncences and sre the real deal. good bye melody and probly 41 diner, except morning crowd who are smokers, and sorry to say also kat a corner too. good food ,properr manaement and polite waitreses,and lea and no holes in seats sounds like a winner to me.
hungry

Champaign, IL

#4 Nov 14, 2012
people are from sullivan live down on old 41 across from VFW just a little bit, glad someone is taking a chance and trying something new n sullivan, wish them all the luck and if its good we should support it
now

Terre Haute, IN

#5 Nov 14, 2012
Wish them the Best
bye bye

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Nov 16, 2012
Agree Melody has good food but has no changed the menu in years you know what you are going to get before you walk in the door.
UNION

United States

#7 Nov 19, 2012
They had their yard plastered with republican signs, that wont go over well with people in Sullivan. Bill Springer may eat there though.
Jena B

United States

#8 Nov 19, 2012
Personally, I think it is sad how a lot of people in this town think. Just because a new steakhouse is coming to Sullivan, you think all other resturants will close? Yes, just like any new place, they will have a crowd for a while, but it will taper off, just like anything else. We should all support one another instead of bashing. I would personally like to see Sullivan grow. And yes I do work at the melody, have for a long time and we are not planning on going anywhere. I am glad to see a new business come to Sullivan and bring more people.
Unions ran sullivan

Terre Haute, IN

#9 Nov 19, 2012
We wonder why Sullivan county has nothing. Unions ran Sullivan county in the ground.
UNION

United States

#10 Nov 20, 2012
If it werent for the Unions and Union employees, you wouldnt even have a County left. Meth and crank heads dont pay taxes. And we would all be working for 3 dollars an hour. Do your research before you bash THE MIDDLE CLASS
dream on

Terre Haute, IN

#11 Nov 20, 2012
Everyone knows the best paying jobs in the county are coal mining jobs and not one of those people are union.
Tha Joka

Kankakee, IL

#12 Nov 20, 2012
The best paying jobs are at the schools, and they are unionized.
wth?

Oak Lawn, IL

#13 Nov 20, 2012
This is suppose to be about a steak house not unions!!! Why's it always go back to that? Blah....blah.....blah!!!!
Tha Joka

Kankakee, IL

#14 Nov 21, 2012
Maybe the help will be unionized. Or not.
good eats

Aurora, IL

#16 Nov 23, 2012
Should be open in the Spring of 2013. There will be mini putt putt & other games included in the price of the meal. Even though it'll be closed on Sunday's & no beer or alcohol, I think it will be a great addition to Sullivan! Check them out.
http://hillbillysteakhouse.com
kevin d

Terre Haute, IN

#17 Nov 24, 2012
were is the New Steak house and BBQ going to be
NoFoolin

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Nov 26, 2012
I think its great to see another business want to locate in Sullivan. There is enough people that a new steakhouse or BBQ won't hurt any other place. I cant wait to try it out!
Makes No Difference

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Nov 28, 2012
wont last wrote:
I don't expect it to make it. He can't pay the help at his other business so how will he pay the workers at the steakhouse
so are you a disgruntled FORMER employee ? Get a life idiot!
wont last

Terre Haute, IN

#21 Nov 28, 2012
No,not a disgruntled former employee,but if he isn't able to pay his employees at his current business how is he going to be able to pay employees at the steakhouse
Carm

United States

#22 Nov 28, 2012
Who is putting up the money for it???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sullivan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How does she still have her kids 16 hr Neighbor 2 2
Stress games overdue (May '16) Wed Bishop 33
Pizza and burger joints Wed Kyle Houser 3
Pizza King Dec 7 Pizza gal 11
Sons of Honor Dec 5 Rip 17
Unit team Strike team (May '16) Dec 4 Kyle 24
Lowell Badgers murder (Jun '13) Dec 1 Sad 26

Sullivan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance