What Church do these parents, kids and teacher that started this mess go to?

Posted in the Sullivan Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Christian

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Feb 12, 2013
What are these churchs teaching the kids and members; to hate and think they are so much better than others? What is going on? Sin is Sin!
SHS teacher

Terre Haute, IN

#2 Feb 12, 2013
I was told Diana Hinley ,the teacher, goes to Carlisle First Christian Church. The Student that was on TV, Bonnie Mccammon she and her parents go to the Sullivan First Christian Church..... Half of the students and parents that started this mess go to Sullivan First Christian church. I was told today the Assoc. Ministers wife of Sullivan First Christian has a big part in all this mess also.
Dawn Cox,like her kids are perfect!
susan

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Feb 13, 2013
Is these churches a cult?
GetAClue

Bedford, IN

#4 Feb 13, 2013
SHS teacher wrote:
I was told Diana Hinley ,the teacher, goes to Carlisle First Christian Church. The Student that was on TV, Bonnie Mccammon she and her parents go to the Sullivan First Christian Church..... Half of the students and parents that started this mess go to Sullivan First Christian church. I was told today the Assoc. Ministers wife of Sullivan First Christian has a big part in all this mess also.
Dawn Cox,like her kids are perfect!
You are wrong, this is inaccurate and irresponsible, get your facts straight.
Joe

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Feb 13, 2013
GetAClue wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong, this is inaccurate and irresponsible, get your facts straight.
Then please, do tell us the real story! Its very hard to get the "facts" straight when people are watching he news and reading artilces on NATIONAL websites, but still this info is all wrong and misinterpreted. Please, tell us the REAL story?
Honey Bo

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Feb 13, 2013
GetAClue wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong, this is inaccurate and irresponsible, get your facts straight.
And what are the facts?
Butch

Bedford, IN

#7 Feb 14, 2013
They all go to the Presbyterian Church where the almighty Reverend Paul McGlasson teaches his version of hatred and Bigotry.
susan

Terre Haute, IN

#8 Feb 14, 2013
Butch wrote:
They all go to the Presbyterian Church where the almighty Reverend Paul McGlasson teaches his version of hatred and Bigotry.
Pretty sure he is preaching love! Butch you got the whole thing turned around. There is proof of what he is saying. First Christian is back out of the judgement thats unchrist like. Things got to heated!
John

Terre Haute, IN

#9 Feb 14, 2013
Dale Wise made a fool of himself in the paper. He is talking out of both sides of his mouth. This preacher is the biggest fake preacher in town. John Lyttle would not have handle nor let some of his members be doing this to others. He can say what he wants his members started this and continue to. Bonnie McCammon and parents (FCC member) she is the one on TV) Tonya Bedwell and her Husband and children in High School(Fcc Members) He was the one talking to the group on TV.
Dawn Cox and David Cox (He is Ass.Minister at FCC)She put on facebook how she was all for the non-gay prom. Judgemental, Self-righteous, Fake Christians.......You can stand up for what you believe in but don't think your better than others and can hurt them....You are all unpure people just like the rest of us. FACTS!
Grandma

Terre Haute, IN

#12 Feb 14, 2013
I have lived in this town for 65 years. We have had some really great preachers in this town and still do. However the minister at Sullivan First Christian has done somethings that just rub me the wrong way. I know for a fact he only marries certian people (who is he to judge) Shutting down a daycare in his church putting kids and parents out in the street with no where to go, sounds like the judging is rubbing off on the members. This church has alot of money and money can't buy everything. One of my grandsons are gay. Now it was hard at first for me to understand but I love that boy with all my heart. He is a Dr. in Indy and is a wonderful man saving lives everyday. I love him and I am so proud of him. Mr. Wise I just have to say, If my grandson walked into your church and put money in your collecting plate I bet you would take it. This church like so many others is all about the money not love for people. Jesus is love and he loves my grandson. I love this town and the ones that love others is what will help this town get over judgemental events like has just happened.
GetAClue

Terre Haute, IN

#14 Feb 14, 2013
You people really dont have a clue of what you are talking about, talk to the countless members of Sullivan who have been helped in many ways by this Church that you all so easily place your judgment on.

The Church simply allowed a group to meet in it's facility. Do some members support the tradional prom, of course they do. Is that not their right??

Grandma, sorry you are bitter, but you need to learn some facts before spewing your venom on subjects you know very little about.

Have a good day. And God Bless you.
Barney Stubble

United States

#15 Feb 15, 2013
I feel sorry for McGlasson's flock, they are being lead astray by a spineless liberal.

I applaud any minister who stands up for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

They are few and far between these days. Our God is a God of love, but he is a just God also.

Make sure when you make accusations you fact check before hiding behind your keyboard. God is watching.
bring it back

Terre Haute, IN

#16 Feb 15, 2013
Founded on the Rock wrote:
Well the truth of the matter isthatbthese "men of God" are acting "Luke warm" . I would be ashamed! God's word says that a man who lays with another man is a " worse " sin... pastors, either do what Paul teaches, or step down...I am to judge a man by his fruits, from where I am sitting these spineless preachers have very poor fruits. Men, get right with your Master, pick up your sword and armor, and face the devil at his place! Right now, Satan is winning, and it is on your watch! Don't be called to judgement being " luke warm" . The time is drawing near.
I believe what the bible says concerning homosexuality, but I don't believe homosexuals should be treated any differently. Homosexuals are children of God. I believe that we should love everyone. I have relatives that are homosexual, I love them and respect them very much for the people that they are, not thier sexual preference. If christians are to separate themselves from gay people, doesn't this mean that they should not partake. The bible says that sex outside of marriage, adultery etc are sins. If we are to separate ourselves from the sinner, why just homosexuals, why not the kids that are having premarital sex, taking drugs, lying, stealing etc. I have observed several times through the years, unmarried pregnant girls going to the prom. I don't ever remember this being a huge issue with anyone. I'm not posting this to be stirring trouble, I honestly want to know if there is some other reason that this group of people should be separated out. 2 gay people walking in the grand march is no different to me than a boy and girl that are sexually active. Do we shun those who have sex out of marriage, have children out of wedlock. No we don't. If a child came to you and told you they were gay, why should it be any different than if your unmarried daughter came to you and told you she was pregnant. I am sorry to say that I don't read the Bible as much as I should, I have been reading the scripture concerning this, but I am just wondering if there is something that I am missing.
The Real Truth

Terre Haute, IN

#17 Feb 15, 2013
Founded on the Rock wrote:
Well the truth of the matter isthatbthese "men of God" are acting "Luke warm" . I would be ashamed! God's word says that a man who lays with another man is a " worse " sin... pastors, either do what Paul teaches, or step down...I am to judge a man by his fruits, from where I am sitting these spineless preachers have very poor fruits. Men, get right with your Master, pick up your sword and armor, and face the devil at his place! Right now, Satan is winning, and it is on your watch! Don't be called to judgement being " luke warm" . The time is drawing near.
Not the wores sin Rock-Head. Blasphemy against God’s Holy Spirit. Christ said that God never forgives this sin (Mark 3:29).‘Blasphemy’ means evil words, but the person’s attitude matters very much too. We can see that from Hebrews 10:26. This is the attitude of someone who hates God with a complete hate. And that is not just an emotion that will change. It is a decision that the person has made on purpose. That person never wants God to forgive him; and God will never forgive him.
Other sins: The 7 Deadly Sins of the Bible 1Pride is an excessive belief in one's own abilities.
2Envy is wanting what others have, be it status, abilities, or possessions.
3Gluttony is the desire to eat or consume more than you require.
4Lust is a powerful craving for such as sex, power and money.
5Anger is the loss of rational self-control and the desire to harm others.
6Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain.
7Sloth is laziness and the avoidance of work.
Proverbs 6:16-19 (New International Version)

There are six things the LORD hates,
seven that are detestable to him:

haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,

a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,

a false witness who pours out lies
and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.
So there Rock-Head it looks like we should be so glad for Gods grace and mercy he gives to EVERYONE because I know you and all of us have and do commit some of these sins.
Hypocrite

Bloomington, IN

#18 Feb 15, 2013
So what did Jesus say about homosexuality? anyone??
The Real Truth

Terre Haute, IN

#19 Feb 16, 2013
Hypocrite wrote:
So what did Jesus say about homosexuality? anyone??
What did Jesus have to say about homosexuality? If you were to read all four gospels thoroughly in search of Jesus’ teachings on homosexuality it would not be found. Not only would you come to the end of the gospels without finding anything attributed to Jesus on the subject, you wouldn’t even find a single reference to the issue in any context.

In fact, there are only a handful of references to homosexuality in the entire Bible, but they are found in the Old Testament and Paul’s writings.(To put it in perspective, while there are only seven references to homosexuality, there are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of references to divorce, economic justice and the laws governing the accumulation and distribution of wealth.)

Jesus’ silence on the subject suggests that an issue which can be controversial and/or fraught with emotion these days was simply not a central issue in his lifetime 2,000 years ago in the land of Palestine. The fact that he didn’t address this issue leaves us all to ponder what he might say were he here today.
Jesus talks and preaches about Divorce not homosexuality.
the truth

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Feb 16, 2013
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination.[1](Leviticus 18:22 KJV)
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.[2](Leviticus 20:13 KJV)
concerned

Terre Haute, IN

#21 Feb 18, 2013
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." (NIV).

It's all in the Bible. Just read it. Homosexuality is a sin just like being a drunk, an addict, having sex before marriage, etc. And one more thing, that was their choice. They were not born that way!
anna

United States

#22 Feb 18, 2013
Thereis no mention of homosexuality in the gospels. Jesus did not mention homosexualuty.
anna

United States

#23 Feb 18, 2013
I do have a question what happened to Judas

Matthew 27:5
And throwing down the pieces of silver
into the temple, he departed, and he went
and hanged himself.

Acts 1:18
With the money he received from the
wrong he had done, he bought a piece of
land where he fell headfirst to his death.
His body split open, and all his internal
organs came out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sullivan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Heather at it again 9 hr Thunderbird 9
ATV Police Report and Driver? Tue tholsr1 6
Butt Guy nude photo leaked Sep 14 Social security 5
Lacee Schmidtz Sep 12 Kellie 4
9-11 enough already Sep 12 just me 6
Turpen Sep 12 Tommy 1
Gays and lesbians going to prom. (Jan '13) Sep 12 mad max 350
•••
•••
•••

Sullivan Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Sullivan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Sullivan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sullivan
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••