P.G. police say woman tried to cut un...

P.G. police say woman tried to cut unborn baby from captive

There are 19 comments on the www.baltimoresun.com story from Dec 8, 2009, titled P.G. police say woman tried to cut unborn baby from captive. In it, www.baltimoresun.com reports that:

A pregnant , homeless woman was held at a Suitland apartment for five days before her captor tried to cut the unborn baby from her body, according to Prince George's County police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.baltimoresun.com.

Abortionists Have No Soul

University Place, WA

#1 Dec 8, 2009
Its only fetal tissue..... Right?
Thats what they keep saying. Its just a blob of tissue so--- so what?

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#2 Dec 8, 2009
liberals ohhhhhhhhhhhh liberals step away from the knife........you can't kill just anybodies baby.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Memphis, TN

#3 Dec 8, 2009
sick

“READ. FACT CHECK. VOTE.”

Since: Nov 09

Fayetteville, AR

#4 Dec 8, 2009
Abortionists Have No Soul wrote:
Its only fetal tissue..... Right?
Thats what they keep saying. Its just a blob of tissue so--- so what?
That is the most absurd comment I've heard all day.
Chylloh

Clarksville, TN

#5 Dec 8, 2009
This is like reversed abortion, the mother dies (not in this case, thank GOD) and the baby lives.

So, why isn't abortion a criminal act?

It should be.
crazy ox0thongy

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#7 Dec 8, 2009
The laughing liberal wrote:
sick
i ill! u r sic n cool?:)
JOD

East Berlin, CT

#8 Dec 8, 2009
Certainly very screwy people around this country.

Sick!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Indianapolis

#9 Dec 9, 2009
Abortion IS illegal--when performed against the woman's wishes.
Chylloh wrote:
This is like reversed abortion, the mother dies (not in this case, thank GOD) and the baby lives.
So, why isn't abortion a criminal act?
It should be.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#11 Dec 9, 2009
Well the only crime she committed was false imprisonment and practicing medicine without a license. At least thats how I'm sure libs would look at it.

“a Jedi craves not these things”

Since: Sep 09

Rogers, AR

#12 Dec 9, 2009
I don't know how you guys are reading this story but the way it sounds to me is that the crazy woman tried to steal the other womans baby. It was not an abortion.
Chylloh

Clarksville, TN

#13 Dec 9, 2009
cpeter1313 wrote:
Abortion IS illegal--when performed against the woman's wishes.
<quoted text>
Still doesn't allocate why abortion is not a crime.

When a pregnant woman is in a wreck and dies, they count this as two deaths.

So is this like multiple choice on the killing of babies.

OKAY to say it its a baby
A. If mother is attacked and baby in excised from womb
B. If mother is killed also as in a wreck.
C. If the laws state it isn't a death of a baby.

Not OKAY to say it is a baby
A. Aborting because the woman gives her permission.

No matter which category, it is still a human being that is killed.

“a Jedi craves not these things”

Since: Sep 09

Rogers, AR

#14 Dec 9, 2009
Well, it was a baby. It was just delivered and they named it "Miracle". It was just on TV.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#15 Dec 9, 2009
And this is the Family Values land the GOP promised? Contract with America? Bush's 1000 points of light?

Cheney and sock puppet ruined the USA .. I hope President Obama and fix it .. but it will take a long time.

Indianapolis

#16 Dec 9, 2009
1) Legally, a fetus has no rights, including the right to gestation. Pregnancy is the choice of the woman.

2) States differ on the concept of fetal homicide and fetal death. Many states have no fetal death laws at all.

3) The decision to abort is the woman's, and the woman's alone. Unless she is incapable of making any decisions, no one else determines if she will remain pregnant or not. There was that lovely story a while back where the pregnant woman was brain-dead and her hubby decided she should be a breeding tank for his spawn, depriving her of any dignity. It didn't work anyway.
Chylloh wrote:
<quoted text>
Still doesn't allocate why abortion is not a crime.
When a pregnant woman is in a wreck and dies, they count this as two deaths.
So is this like multiple choice on the killing of babies.
OKAY to say it its a baby
A. If mother is attacked and baby in excised from womb
B. If mother is killed also as in a wreck.
C. If the laws state it isn't a death of a baby.
Not OKAY to say it is a baby
A. Aborting because the woman gives her permission.
No matter which category, it is still a human being that is killed.
Chylloh

Clarksville, TN

#17 Dec 9, 2009
cpeter1313 wrote:
1) Legally, a fetus has no rights, including the right to gestation. Pregnancy is the choice of the woman.
2) States differ on the concept of fetal homicide and fetal death. Many states have no fetal death laws at all.
3) The decision to abort is the woman's, and the woman's alone. Unless she is incapable of making any decisions, no one else determines if she will remain pregnant or not. There was that lovely story a while back where the pregnant woman was brain-dead and her hubby decided she should be a breeding tank for his spawn, depriving her of any dignity. It didn't work anyway.
<quoted text>
I could care less about the legality of this matter.

Just because it is enacted into law does not make it right.

Slavery was once law.

Smoking and drinking is legal.

Same sex marriage in some states is legal.

Just because these things are legal, does not make it right.

Tell that to the family in which a person drinking and driving killed their family member.

Tell that to the person who dies from lung cancer from years of smoking nicotine.

The only time it becomes a legal matter is when people sue to get monetary awards from the person who freely chose to drink and drive or the person who chose to smoke all those years then file a lawsuit for monetary damages when they get cancer.

Just look at all the freedoms given to these people.

A baby is a life, no law can undo this. None, nada, zilch.

If it is not life, why is it a woman is pregnant, why is it a woman needs to abort, etc.?

No life, why abort something that isn't there.

This is not a legal matter, just man made legal matter, this is a moral issue.

Where is the baby's rights and the representatives for the baby's choice to live?
clone benson

Bryan, OH

#18 Dec 9, 2009
whos more insane,guess , go figure

Indianapolis

#19 Dec 9, 2009
DUI is illegal. Smoking is a choice. Like it or not, the government should not be passing laws to keep people from hurting themselves by their own choice. Conversely, I do not think people should be able to sue for smoking illnesses; the risks are far too well known.

I do not favor taking away peoples' choices because they conflict with someone's morality. Your morality is no better than mine or anyone else's. That is why we base things on rights, not morality.

Pregnancy is a medical condition and we have the right to have medical conditions altered or cured as is possible. Women need abortions for whatever reason they believe is sufficient; it's none of your business.
Chylloh wrote:
<quoted text>
I could care less about the legality of this matter.
Just because it is enacted into law does not make it right.
Slavery was once law.
Smoking and drinking is legal.
Same sex marriage in some states is legal.
Just because these things are legal, does not make it right.
Tell that to the family in which a person drinking and driving killed their family member.
Tell that to the person who dies from lung cancer from years of smoking nicotine.
The only time it becomes a legal matter is when people sue to get monetary awards from the person who freely chose to drink and drive or the person who chose to smoke all those years then file a lawsuit for monetary damages when they get cancer.
Just look at all the freedoms given to these people.
A baby is a life, no law can undo this. None, nada, zilch.
If it is not life, why is it a woman is pregnant, why is it a woman needs to abort, etc.?
No life, why abort something that isn't there.
This is not a legal matter, just man made legal matter, this is a moral issue.
Where is the baby's rights and the representatives for the baby's choice to live?
Chylloh

Clarksville, TN

#21 Dec 10, 2009
Let me put it simply:

One woman. One pregnancy. If this same woman has a baby cut out of her and she survives, this is a crime.

Same woman decided to have abortion, this is not only not abortion but not a baby.

Abortions can be performed to late term pregnancy, its called live birth abortion.

So why is a baby only a baby when someone steals it, or mother is in a wreck and both killed or mother decided to give birth to baby?

See the lack of credibility where abortion is excuses by this is not really a baby?

Indianapolis

#22 Dec 10, 2009
Until it is born, it is a fetus.

More to the point, the entire issue here is what the WOMAN wants; it is her body and she can decide to share it with the fetus or she can get rid of it.

Third-trimester abortions are performed only for medical reasons--to save the life of the woman, to preserve her health, or if the fetus is dead, dying, or too grossly deformed to sustain life outside of the womb. And yes, I'm sure there have been abortions done late-term that did not meet these standard. There are criminal exceptions to every law, which is why we have laws.
Chylloh wrote:
Let me put it simply:
One woman. One pregnancy. If this same woman has a baby cut out of her and she survives, this is a crime.
Same woman decided to have abortion, this is not only not abortion but not a baby.
Abortions can be performed to late term pregnancy, its called live birth abortion.
So why is a baby only a baby when someone steals it, or mother is in a wreck and both killed or mother decided to give birth to baby?
See the lack of credibility where abortion is excuses by this is not really a baby?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Suitland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) May 8 American 8
News Fatal shooting of man being investigated as hom... Feb '16 Msann19 1
News Double Shooting Claims Life of Suitland Woman (Apr '10) May '15 tony 13
News Prince George's County Animal Watch (Dec '13) Dec '13 robert w 1
msgt joyce colorado springs temporary in maryla... (Jul '13) Jul '13 gerald j 1
News Suitland area pawn shop security guard shoots a... (May '13) May '13 young savage 2
News Police: Three Arrested in Attempted Robbery of ... (May '13) May '13 ProSec 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Suitland Mortgages