Solano County Board of Supervisors fa...

Solano County Board of Supervisors face replacing sheriff

Posted in the Suisun City Forum

Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#1 Aug 10, 2012
Solano County Board of Supervisors face replacing sheriff
http://www.thereporter.com/ci_21281108

A 40-year career of working for Solano County will come to a close this fall for Sheriff Gary Stanton, but how to replace him will be the focus of some discussion on Tuesday.

Stanton announced his retirement in June and on Tuesday the Solano County Board of Supervisors will consider how to go about filling his post. The board will be asked to accept Stanton's resignation letter, and to appoint Undersheriff Tom Ferrara to fill the term until it expires in 2014.

In a letter to Supervisor Linda Seifert, chair of the board, Stanton said his last day will be Oct. 31.

"The Sheriff's Office is operationally sound and my retirement will marginally and only temporarily influence departmental operations and capabilities," he wrote in the letter. "Retirement is a huge milestone, and I have given retirement considerable thought. I have decided to retire simply because it is the right time for me to do so."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Suisun City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vallejo’s Police Chief Advisory Board introduce... 13 min fred 6
News Vallejo City Leaders Defy Constituents on Medic... 3 hr your mind on dope 34
Bay Area prostitution ring busted by feds (Oct '14) 5 hr Don FEDucci 4
Solano County Superior Court Judge Ramona Garre... 7 hr Happy 1
Solano County court officials host outreach eve... 9 hr Duhdoh 3
State Offering Incentives To Get Dirty Cars Off... 9 hr Duhdoh 3
Proposed budget shows Solano County in better f... 9 hr tired of it 2
More from around the web

Suisun City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]