Commuter

Byron, GA

#2 Feb 16, 2013
Jason is still spending like crazy on his buddies off the taxpayer's dime. Maybe he'll take a job at GEMA and get out of Chattooga. Now that we are broke, the county isn't so attractive anymore.
Chatt Resident

Lund, Sweden

#3 Feb 17, 2013
I realize that it is beyond the comprehension of many who follow on here, however, the reality is that spending by the County Commissioner cannot simply stop.

The question is "why" are we spending?

Is it because the citizens of this county expect certain services to be provided?

Or is because of the financial malfeasance of one ignorant individual who was allowed to pursue his own personal agenda and was allowed to obligate the county tax collections for the next 20"+ years?

So, while you have a right to be upset over the spending, you have to assign the blame to the appropriate individual.

Now this is a hard pill for some of you to swallow, however, for anyone with half a brain anyway, it is obvious that the blame for the counties financial problems lie squarely with MD.

The hard pill for MD to swallow at this point is that he is no longer in any position to influence any county spending...and that is long past due.
Health man

Dalton, GA

#4 Feb 17, 2013
As you said Chatt Res. The citizens expect services on the east side of taylors ridge same as other County residence. Good for you MD.
Chatt Resident

Germany

#5 Feb 17, 2013
Yes, a small minority of citizens on the east side wanted it, but not enough to pay what it cost for the service every month. That's why they are disconnecting from the system in droves and going back to their wells.

Yeah, it was definitely good for MD, he you got his water, and if his idiot kid has kept his mouth closed we'd have a new industrial park on his property today.

MD almost got everything he wanted, and he fu#$%^ed over every taxpayer in this county to get it. Not that he ever worried about that...just shows what kind of man he is.
Health man

Dalton, GA

#6 Feb 17, 2013
Walker Co. Residences are connecting faster than Chattooga Co.are disconnecting.That will help pay for the system,Armuchee Valleys are sure proud of MD.
Happy Individual

Chatsworth, GA

#7 Feb 17, 2013
Chatt Resident, you seem like a very troubled and unhappy individual. If you're not happy here, move. There are no dead ends leading out of the county in any direction or the state as a matter of fact.
Chatt Resident

Anonymous Proxy

#8 Feb 18, 2013
Health man wrote:
Walker Co. Residences are connecting faster than Chattooga Co.are disconnecting.That will help pay for the system,Armuchee Valleys are sure proud of MD.
So MD raises the taxes of everyone in Chattooga County...just to benefit himself and the residents of Walker County...and we're all supposed to be happy about it?

That really demonstrates just how smart he, and a few other people,really are.
Chatt Resident

New York, NY

#9 Feb 18, 2013
Happy Individual wrote:
Chatt Resident, you seem like a very troubled and unhappy individual. If you're not happy here, move. There are no dead ends leading out of the county in any direction or the state as a matter of fact.
You are partially right. I am troubled that one person was allowed to do so much damage to the general financial welfare of the taxpayers of this county. I am even more troubled by the fact that there are idiots willing to defend him and claim that it was all worth it because it benefits the citizens of other counties, even though this is to the financial detriment of our own taxpaying citizens.

On the other hand, I am really, really happy now that a real man has finally taken MD's thieving a$$ off of the county payroll.
Health man

Dalton, GA

#10 Feb 18, 2013
Subligna,Gore area deserves services like the rest of the Co.They pay taxes too,MD just happen to live over there and took care of that part of the Co.with public water.
Chatt Resident

San Francisco, CA

#12 Feb 20, 2013
pay taxes...yes.

"deserve?...a small minority does not deserve anything when it impacts the overwhelming majority and leads to a decline in services across the board for everyone.

MD "took care" of a few...he sc***ed over everyone else.

Just to be fair, since you all wanted those damn water lines that most of you have stopped using, the property taxes on the east side of the ridge should be adjusted up for anyone who fails to sign up for water service at the minimum amount that MD quoted.
Happy Individual

Chatsworth, GA

#14 Feb 21, 2013
Cry baby, cry baby! Do you need a tit to suckle on?
Happy Gilmore

Dalton, GA

#15 Feb 22, 2013
Yeah but head what's your momma's number?
Chatt Resident

Dallas, TX

#16 Feb 22, 2013
Happy Individual wrote:
Cry baby, cry baby! Do you need a tit to suckle on?
No crying here, although there might have been a tear or two from the laughter over the fact that MD's sorry a$$ has been unloaded from the county payroll.

Facts can be a strange thing though.

When the facts on your side you have people like me who can show how MD screwed over the taxpayers. And that really chaps your sorry a$$.

When the facts are against you then people like you can only attempt to marginalize the people who are right by resorting to baseless name calling.

So, it appears that if there's any real crying going on here, it's from you.
dryvalleyresiden t

Summerville, GA

#17 Feb 25, 2013
Chatt Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
No crying here, although there might have been a tear or two from the laughter over the fact that MD's sorry a$$ has been unloaded from the county payroll.
Facts can be a strange thing though.
When the facts on your side you have people like me who can show how MD screwed over the taxpayers. And that really chaps your sorry a$$.
When the facts are against you then people like you can only attempt to marginalize the people who are right by resorting to baseless name calling.
So, it appears that if there's any real crying going on here, it's from you.
I don't know where you live at in the county, but my water bill has not gone up any because of Subligna and Gore getting water! You need to call obama and get your welfare check raised, so you can afford your county water.
Health man

Norman Park, GA

#18 Feb 25, 2013
MD helped the east side of the Co.and Chatt. Res. thinks MD was the only one to benefit from it.
in the know

Crossville, TN

#19 Feb 25, 2013
dryvalleyresident wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know where you live at in the county, but my water bill has not gone up any because of Subligna and Gore getting water! You need to call obama and get your welfare check raised, so you can afford your county water.
before the end of the year your bill will go up ...that is the real truth
Chatt Resident

Dallas, TX

#20 Mar 1, 2013
dryvalleyresident wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know where you live at in the county, but my water bill has not gone up any because of Subligna and Gore getting water! You need to call obama and get your welfare check raised, so you can afford your county water.
Don't worry about me; if I needed county water I can assure you that I wouldn't need help to pay for it.

Now, I already know that you won't comprehend most of this, but I'll try. What your statement should be is that your water bill has not gone up "yet". The fact is that at some point it must go up, and that is solely due to the fact that MD was such a financial idiot.

The entire water system expansion was predicated on the "assumption" that every customer who could get water would sign up and continue to pay a minimum bill of more than $50 a month for at least the next 30 years.

Unfortunately MD slept through math class, and then never received any education outside of Chattooga County, so he couldn't comprehend that those minimum payments only covered the interest on the loans. Even more embarrassing for him and his supporters is the fact that even JR could figure that out and he called him out on it during his first failed election bid.

Now, you can agree or disagree, call me names, pitch a fit and keep complaining, but you can't change the facts...and the fact is that MD screwed over the taxpayers of this county to benefit himself.
pow wow

Dalton, GA

#21 Mar 3, 2013
MD is a crook, plan and simple, just ask the folks at Inland or the people that have worked for him
Whatever

Summerville, GA

#22 Mar 3, 2013
And Jason still caters to his buddies at taxpayer expense. Plain and simple. Listen to some of them brag.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sugar Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 1 hr RMGHispanic Causi... 2,026
Trump Rally Atlanta 3 hr The Doo Dah Man 1
Hillary For Prison Video 3 hr NewsMax 1
Why Black Women wont date White Men in the ATL (May '11) 11 hr Bigtwins1 34
Donald Hales (Dec '15) 14 hr don 18
power in sugar valley (Mar '14) Mar '14 southern valley girl 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Georgia (D... (Oct '10) Nov '10 Jill in Marrietta 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sugar Valley Mortgages