Flanagans Auto Repair Banner elk, nc

Posted in the Sugar Grove Forum

Mac

Fleetwood, NC

#1 May 22, 2008
FYI
I was staying in the Banner Elk area for a week and had a problem pop up with my car. I looked thru the yellow pages and came across Flanagans Auto Repair... took a chance at having a repair done at a place without referances. Let me tell you that I couldn't have been more please with the results. They were honest and competent, took the time to explain everything, and cost me much less than your standard repair shop. I would HIGHLY recomend this business to anyone in need of auto work. In my opinion they rank amoung the best.
Tim McMahon
Menasha, Wi.
Mac

Fleetwood, NC

#2 May 22, 2008
Almost forgot to say thanks agian Flanagans!

Tim
czsq

Combined Locks, WI

#3 Oct 7, 2009
Had some work done by them recently. Real good bunch of guys & the work was done at a fair price.
What Ever

Banner Elk, NC

#4 Oct 11, 2009
I used to use Flanagan's (because I'm a local) however after paying them in excess (and I have records to prove it ) of $700 and taking my car to them numerous times for the same issue it STILL wasn't running properly.

I then got frustrated and took it to Boone and there they fixed the problem within an hour and it only costed me $100.

Charles Flanagan is a fraud who over charges the locals because the "seasonal" people don't give him enough business. I'd say drive the extra miles to a credible place and save some money.
Dan

Jefferson, NC

#5 Nov 17, 2009
What Ever wrote:
I used to use Flanagan's (because I'm a local) however after paying them in excess (and I have records to prove it ) of $700 and taking my car to them numerous times for the same issue it STILL wasn't running properly.
I then got frustrated and took it to Boone and there they fixed the problem within an hour and it only costed me $100.
Charles Flanagan is a fraud who over charges the locals because the "seasonal" people don't give him enough business. I'd say drive the extra miles to a credible place and save some money.
I hope others realize Flanagan is a liar, cheat, and he should be run out of Banner Elk.
Mountain Woman

Sparta, NC

#6 Apr 12, 2010
Charles Flanagan is not a fraud. He is an excellent mechanic who has taken care of both of our vehicles for over ten years. His prices are always fair and he always completes the work quickly and satisfactorily.

If you're so anxious to throw money away you can always take your car somewhere else, but if you're looking for a good honest mechanic, Charles is the man.
local girl

Lenoir, NC

#7 Jul 12, 2013
I have worked in the automotive business with Charles. I had never taken my car to him until recently. Needless to say $900 later I was let down. My car wasn't fixed and his mechanic treated like I was stupid woman. Now I'm told I have tire problems... However that's not the problem. Charles hasn't been in the shop and I'm praying he makes it right. He needs to be made aware that some of his employees are making his business look bad and mistreating customers.
local man

Jonesville, SC

#8 Jul 22, 2013
I have been going to Charles for the last 3 years. He is an honest, hard working man. Absolutely no complaints here. If you're looking for incompetent, clueless mechanics that cost too much, go to Avery tire and deal with those damn crooks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sugar Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mark lawrence (Apr '09) Oct '14 james combs 4
Ten hottest girls in zionville (Apr '09) Oct '14 james combs 5
Review: Little Faces Child Care Center Sep '14 Concerned Mother 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Sep '14 Waco 28
Bark Mobile (Sep '11) May '14 smile 6
Simple Blessings Bowtique (Feb '14) Feb '14 Amanda Musselwhite 1
Banner ELk Exxon (Nov '09) Feb '14 lolz 22
Sugar Grove Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web