Who do you support for Sheriff in Nor...

Who do you support for Sheriff in North Carolina (Watauga County) in 2010?

Posted in the Sugar Grove Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Question

AOL

#1 Oct 12, 2010
I feel that if Sheriff Hagaman is doing a good job, leave him in.
I also feel that Mrs. Deal for Clerk of Superior Court would be the best choice. She has 30 years of knowledge and that office is so very important. Someone that just goes in without knowledge what so ever of this office is just letting her employees run this office and it needs Mrs. Deal's 30 years of experience. Some Judges do not know what this office is all about.
anon

Crumpler, NC

#2 Oct 12, 2010
I've known William for many years. I think he would make a wonderful sheriff. I know he plans on shaping up the sheriffs office which is exactly what needs to be done. Hagaman is letting too much nonsence go on there. Anyone has got to be better than who we have got and Byrd has the experience.
mcdaddy

Conover, NC

#3 Oct 13, 2010
ld is a lying piece of crap that hasn't done anything but have one officer charged with a crime and another one coming up.
concerned

United States

#4 Oct 13, 2010
What crimes are you speaking of mcdaddy?
Q. Compson

Glade Valley, NC

#5 Oct 13, 2010
A lot of haters but LD is doing a great job and this won't even be close....

And a lot of class shown by LD in the fact he hasn't openly questioned Mr. Byrd's departure from the BPD. I would think it's fair game.

Byrd won't hear the gun fire (take the pun if you want)in November.
Harrison

United States

#6 Oct 14, 2010
Sheriff Hagaman has always been honest and truthful. This is very very important to us as citizens of Watauga County. What would the county be if it was run by someone who was not truthful.
mtnwoman

Boone, NC

#7 Oct 15, 2010
He is a hard worker! Awake night and day to help his employees. Gives a word of encouragment instead of put downs.His narcotics division has made national busts.He has not been fired, asked to resign or has had any "personal" internal affairs problems
john smith

Dallas, NC

#8 Oct 15, 2010
time for change
thanks from the heart

Boone, NC

#9 Oct 15, 2010
Thank you to the greatest boss in this county
Do you have a boss that is there for you at any time, Helping you to do your job at 3 am or 3 pm.
Does your boss put in more hours than you care to think about, But is still there for his family and doesn’t complain or get grumpy.
Do you have a boss that gives you words of wisdom and helps to lift you up, Instead of putting you down.
Do you have a boss that thinks everyone should work as a team, To the point of getting your kid to an important event when your vehicle breaks down.
Do you have a boss that would drive to another state on their day off, To support you and your family when your grandmother passed away.
Do you have a boss who understands when your spouse lost their job, And helps to find therapy funding for your 5 yr old daughter with rheumatoid arthritis.
Do you have a boss that pushes for you and your co-workers to be compensated, Because you can’t take a holiday off.
Do you have a boss that helps to organize a work get together, And makes a special trip back to work to bring food to those that couldn’t come.
Do you have a boss that try’s to make the world a better place, and lead by example.
I have a boss like this who is an honest open book and reminds me of Andy Griffith. My family is blessed to call him and his wife our friends. Thank you LD and Ruth Hagaman for being there for our family!!

Since: Apr 10

Carolina Beach, NC

#10 Oct 15, 2010
Good Luck to Byrd...
courtwatcher

Asheville, NC

#11 Oct 16, 2010
L.D. is doing a good job. I like William, but not presently having a job does not qualify you to be Sheriff.
Past to Present

Banner Elk, NC

#13 Oct 18, 2010
Byrd will be an asset to WCSO
Genuine Wataugan

Sparta, NC

#14 Oct 18, 2010
mcdaddy wrote:
ld is a lying piece of crap that hasn't done anything but have one officer charged with a crime and another one coming up.
Hey mcdaddy, what did LD bust you for?
jim bob

Weaverville, NC

#15 Oct 18, 2010
ld hagaman is a lying sob.
Genuine Wataugan

Sparta, NC

#16 Oct 18, 2010
jim bob wrote:
ld hagaman is a lying sob.
And what laws did you break, jim bob?
Virginia Daniels

Boone, NC

#17 Oct 19, 2010
He is a good man doing an great job.
good citizen

Crumpler, NC

#18 Oct 19, 2010
William has the experience and it's time or a change.
Bob

Hickory, NC

#19 Oct 20, 2010
Genuine Wataugan wrote:
<quoted text>
And what laws did you break, jim bob?
So, not wanting LD in office means you're a criminal? That's retarded.
vcfox

Honea Path, SC

#20 Oct 21, 2010
No to Change

I read an article in this section recently titled “Time for a Change?” and I thought the author made some interesting points. I also thought I could help enlighten the residents of Watauga County and thank the employee’s by pointing out the following.

Mr. Hagaman has been a sworn officer for 30 years. He served at Watauga Sheriff Department and Boone Police Department in several departments. He has taught in basic LEO training, college level Criminal Justice classes, and consulted in a number of government roles including terrorist vulnerability assessments. He also served as Boone town manager for 8 years and 4 terms on the Watauga Board of Commissioners. He has the officer knowledge to go along with the administrative knowledge to run today’s sheriff’s office.

Sheriff Hagaman was the first sheriff to implement Operation Medicine Cabinet with the belief that one of our most important jobs is to work diligently and proactively to prevent drug abuse. The main focus is to save area youth from diverted drugs and to protect ground and surface water sources from the improper disposal of pharmaceuticals. Prior to the High Country event in October the entire statewide collection of pills weighed in at just 1 55-gallon drum compared to the High Country’s 7 55-gallon drums collected. In appreciation of their hard work the Sheriff’s office was the recipient of the prestigious 2010 L.E. Tuckwiller Award.

In 2005 a state and federal law was passed regulating cold medicines containing a key ingredient to cook “meth”, dropping labs seized state wide by half the next year. There is now an increase state wide in mobile meth labs that uses less pseudoephedrine called “shake & bake” labs. An example of patrol& narcotic officers fighting this was on Sept.18 when they stopped an individual with 3 mobile labs in his car with a final street value of $100,000!

The Patrol and Investigation divisions also led a combined effort that resulted in the arrest of 2 subjects with 24 charges of breaking and entering into homes in the N. Pine Run Rd, Hopewell Church Rd, Meat Camp Rd and several other areas’ of eastern Watauga County.

I also wanted to give a special thanks to the narcotics division for having the largest LSD/Acid bust in the “country” for the second year in a row! In 2009 they had a seizure of 1581 units/hits. In 2010 they seized 5,000 hits, 13 lbs of hallucinogenic mushrooms and 12.5 lbs of marijuana at one time. With over 60 years of combined experience they are getting the job done and leading the nation in doing so.

A special note to the 10 telecommunicators on at least 2 lives saved this year while answering over 80,000 admin calls (fire/burg alarms, general questions,etc) and 13,000 911 calls in a year.

I know it seems the feet of justice turn slowly but I think Sheriff Hagaman with his department is leading the state and nation in trying to make our county a better place. All topics noted above can be found with Google.
Genuine Wataugan

Sparta, NC

#21 Oct 22, 2010
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
So, not wanting LD in office means you're a criminal? That's retarded.
Nope, not retarded. I'm just trying to figure out why mcdaddy and badcops are so angry. One can express an opinion without resorting to character assassination. Usually that much rage means something...and it makes their opinions meaningless. It makes the rest of us wonder what kind of crackpots want Byrd in office....and it makes LD's professionalism shine all the more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sugar Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Owens, Landsman and Brother (May '12) Mon Kevin Ruppard Cus... 16
Bragging on the mailman Dec 3 Splitrail 3
M & M Tree Farm Nov 19 Shelly 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Nov '16 404 error 34
michael laird (Jul '15) Oct '16 linda 4
Fraud food stamp Sep '16 Dee 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Sugar Grove, NC (Jan '12) Dec '13 Patrick Shethouse 9

Sugar Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sugar Grove Mortgages