Boone considers time limits for release of towed vehicles

Sep 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Watauga Democrat

Following a disagreement between Boone Police officers, an area towing company and an out-of-town resident whose vehicle had been towed, the Boone Town Council on Thursday will consider a town code amendment requiring towing companies to respond to vehicle owners' calls and arrange for payment within a half-hour of towing the vehicle.

Comments
1 - 20 of 36 Comments Last updated Dec 16, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

WHAT!?!?!? You mean, the drivers can't leave people stranded at Shulls Mills anymore?

Since: Aug 12

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Do not park illegally and you will not get towed. Seems a simple enough problem to avoid.

I had a business on King St for over a decade and every day was a constant battle to have parking available for customers when it was constantly taken by students at the university.
Bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

The point of the story is that towing companies are towing vehicles, leaving drivers stranded, and basically holding vehicles until it's convenient for them to release it. I mean, if I get towed for parking somewhere I shouldn't, that's on me. But I shouldn't have to wait hours, or days, to get my vehicle back. I love how they'd be up in the middle of the night with no complaints to tow a vehicle, but bitch and complain when it comes time to release a vehicle.

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

You said it right if you get towed it is on you. If you do not park where you should not then you wont be towed. If it leaves you in-convinced so be it.

Why should the tow company deal with drunks who were causing harm to other business owners who's lots are full with people that are not their customers.

If the tow company is smart and a drunk shows up to get their car, they may get to tow it a second time by reporting the drunk driver

Do not get towed problem solved.
Bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Believe it or not, not everybody who gets towed is drunk.

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

No they are not but everyone who gets towed is parked where they should not be. So then they have even less of an excuse for risking a tow by parking where they should not be making that choice sober. I take it you have been towed.
Bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Actually, I haven't. But wrong is wrong, whether it happens to me or not. Yeah, he driver is in the wrong by illegally parking, but how long do they need to be without a vehicle to pay the price? How long do they have to be stranded in BFE to get the point?

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

If the tow company closes at 4 am after bar hours as I expect most do who are not on call like AAA contracted services. Then to wait till opening hours the morning of next business day is not unreasonable in my opinion. If you have to take a cab home that night since you did the wrong thing and got towed I do not see that as the end of the world.

I have little sympathy for those getting towed in Boone since i was a business owner that had to hire a company to check my lot so I could have customers not student parking in it.

Watch an episode of parking wars sometime, and see how tow companies have to work from behind bank level glass due to people who want to make it someone else's fault for getting towed.
Bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

What about the people out at Shulls Mills who get towed? How are they supposed to get back to town? With shoddy cell service, this just opens these people up to other issues, like getting hit by a car while walking back towards town, or a college girl getting taken advantage of while getting a ride back.
I guess getting raped would teach someone not to illegally park ever again.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

"Wrong is wrong," whether it's on Shulls Mills or downtown Boone. Besides, crime isn't THAT bad in Boone, is it??
Opoib

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Bob why was the college student parked illegally on shulls mills in the first place causing her to be raped?
Bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Because a lot of college kids park there to go to the falls. It has been a big issue, because recently the troopers had multiple vehicles towed leaving the owners stranded.
Opoib

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Oh I get it Bob, The old all the other kids are doing it excuse. Bob if you get towed it is no noes fault but the driver of the car nobody else. Maybe an employment opportunity is arising for you Bob set up a taxi service from the end of shulls mills to town. Again Bob you can come back form the fantasy scary place. No one has been raped from being towed in Boone
Bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

No. But, a cab driver in Ashe county was just charged with rape. It doesn't say if it was directly tied to his job, but it is possible for a cab driver to be a rapist, and it is just as likely for joe blow who gives a young lady a ride to be a rapist. Just because it hasn't happened in Boone doesn't mean it can't happen in Boone.
Opoib

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

OK Bob I am done in this thread. Your in a delusional state with these rape fantasies. You should seek professional help.

You have gone from it being the tow companies fault that someone has to wait a nigh to getting their car back, to girls getting raped . Again I say please get help before you act out on your fantasies.
Bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Coming from the circle jerk freak.
Snuggy

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

We can increase the amount of crime in Boone but would that change things?Since when is Shulls Mills Boone ?If it's a rape, it would probably be swept under the rug anyway.
Pepper

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

I guess as long as it was a "legitimate rape"....
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Pepper wrote:
I guess as long as it was a "legitimate rape"....
or a football player
Pop

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

I don't think Bob is delusional. Do you remember Jeni Gray and Leigh Wallace? Both were abducted while walking/joging, both were raped and Ms. Gray was murdered. All this in our small town.

http://www2.wataugademocrat.com/News/story/A-...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sugar Grove Discussions

Search the Sugar Grove Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 9 min TSF 56,287
Bark Mobile (Sep '11) May '14 smile 6
Simple Blessings Bowtique Feb '14 Amanda Musselwhite 1
Banner ELk Exxon (Nov '09) Feb '14 lolz 22
heard of the diensts?? (Jan '14) Jan '14 JUSTWANTINGTOKNOW 1
jonothan b. glass half full kind of guy (Nov '13) Dec '13 queeker 2
Debate: Gay Marriage - Sugar Grove, NC (Jan '12) Dec '13 Patrick Shethouse 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Sugar Grove Jobs

•••