Driver charged in fatal crash on Route 47

Mar 24, 2009 Read more: Beacon News 21

Charges have been filed against one of the drivers in a fatal crash on Route 47 near Sugar Grove Friday evening.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Brenda in Florida

Barnesville, OH

#1 Apr 18, 2009
I have been to several sites for this accident because the woman in this crash just happens to be a family member that I love dearly. Freak accidents happen and the outcome is not always good. She is not possessed as one person's comment suggested. My heart goes out to the man's family that had the great loss but Linda's family is not without suffering. She is going to have to live with this the rest of her life and as she heals from the crash herself. The comments about her needing prison and how the ones commenting feel that she was totally in the wrong is bogus. Let the investigation determine what happened. No one is perfect and those of us without sin cast the first stone. I'm positive there will be no stone casting. And as for Mr. "proof positive, women and driving don't mix" he can keep his sexist remarks to himself. Women are at fault in fewer crashs than men are. Do some research before making statements. Leave the judging up to God and the investigation to the authorities. God be with the McKenzie family and the Knott's family.
just driving that day

Angola, IN

#2 Apr 21, 2009
There were so many witnesses to this woman driving bad, including our car.Too bad for her and her family, I'm sure the suffering they have is going to be minimal to what one goes thru in the loss of a life. This was totally preventable, and,yes, accidents do happen, but this wasn't an accident, this was deliberate act of reckless driving. Whatever your friend is telling you, I'm sure is hard to believe, knowing what everyone is saying. Approx. 50 people/cars were affected by this, that's no accident, just crazy driving. makes you wonder what type of a person she truly is, How about that bumper sticker on her car?? That says alot. And I've heard other things about her past, the way she's treated people that trusted her, all which support her actions that day. It all does finally catch up with you.......
Brenda in Florida

Barnesville, OH

#4 Apr 22, 2009
just driving that day wrote:
There were so many witnesses to this woman driving bad, including our car.Too bad for her and her family, I'm sure the suffering they have is going to be minimal to what one goes thru in the loss of a life. This was totally preventable, and,yes, accidents do happen, but this wasn't an accident, this was deliberate act of reckless driving. Whatever your friend is telling you, I'm sure is hard to believe, knowing what everyone is saying. Approx. 50 people/cars were affected by this, that's no accident, just crazy driving. makes you wonder what type of a person she truly is, How about that bumper sticker on her car?? That says alot. And I've heard other things about her past, the way she's treated people that trusted her, all which support her actions that day. It all does finally catch up with you.......
No I was not there to see what was happening and I don't know what her bumper sticker says. Would you care to let me know. I just know that the authorities need to investigate and if there is 50 witnesses the better for the investigation. I am just not going to judge. That's God's job. Ididn't post this to be ugly. They are family and I pray for all.
Brenda in Florida

Barnesville, OH

#5 Apr 22, 2009
Jester wrote:
Proof positive, women and driving don't mix.
Women driving has nothing to do with this. Men are known to drive like maniacs just for the sake of their gender. So you can stop with this stupid comment at any time now.
billy

Elburn, IL

#6 Apr 22, 2009
Book her Danno.
Driving like a nut.
Oh, and also driving like a crazy woman.
What the hell was this womans rush??
Was she late for a hair appointment or did she suddenly remember a nail appointment??
She is toast.
sissy in law

Chicago, IL

#7 Apr 23, 2009
Thank you Brenda...
Look, so now we judge people by a bumper sticker? and I dont know who "just Driving that Day" is and she has her right to her own opinion as do I. But I am here to tell you I have know Linda for a long time, she has a heart of gold and would never hurt anyone on purpose. where ever "Just Driving that Day" is getting her info from, is very wrong. I am a close Family member toO this wonderful heartfilled person who I and ANY Many Many people LOVE dearly. Linda and all of us feel for the gentleman that lost his life and his family and our heart goes out to all. But this is something that could happen to anyone.
billy

United States

#8 Apr 23, 2009
sissy in law wrote:
Thank you Brenda...
Look, so now we judge people by a bumper sticker? and I dont know who "just Driving that Day" is and she has her right to her own opinion as do I. But I am here to tell you I have know Linda for a long time, she has a heart of gold and would never hurt anyone on purpose. where ever "Just Driving that Day" is getting her info from, is very wrong. I am a close Family member toO this wonderful heartfilled person who I and ANY Many Many people LOVE dearly. Linda and all of us feel for the gentleman that lost his life and his family and our heart goes out to all. But this is something that could happen to anyone.
This could happen to anyone.
Anyone who was driving as recklessly as this woman was.
Slow down.
What the hell is so important that an innocent person had to die so she could get to whatever it was that caused her to speed like that?
Jester

Palatine, IL

#9 Apr 23, 2009
She was a woman driver. Couldn't have been good.
Jester

Naperville, IL

#10 Apr 23, 2009
Not that I can even drive. I couldnt pass the min. IQ test. I am a complete idiot.
billy

United States

#11 Apr 23, 2009
Jester wrote:
Not that I can even drive. I couldnt pass the min. IQ test. I am a complete idiot.
You are not the real Jester, you are a phony.
Another pissed off woman who probably drives like shi* too.
Hopefully you havent killed anyone, yet.
billy

Naperville, IL

#12 Apr 23, 2009
You are not the real billy. the real billy cant type.
Jester

Naperville, IL

#13 Apr 23, 2009
Stop it I am the real Jester everrybody pay attention to my ramblings whaahhhhhhh
Big Sam

Elburn, IL

#15 Apr 30, 2009
billy wrote:
Book her Danno.
Driving like a nut.
Oh, and also driving like a crazy woman.
What the hell was this womans rush??
Was she late for a hair appointment or did she suddenly remember a nail appointment??
She is toast.
It sure sounds like she had something "important" to do, why else would you continue driving so recklessly after just receiving a ticket?
ouch

West Bend, WI

#16 May 6, 2009
thats sad
Linda

Sugar Grove, IL

#17 May 6, 2009
ouch wrote:
thats sad
Yes it is.
Some innocent person is buried because of this mistake.
paula

Sugar Grove, IL

#18 May 9, 2009
billy wrote:
<quoted text>
This could happen to anyone.
Anyone who was driving as recklessly as this woman was.
Slow down.
What the hell is so important that an innocent person had to die so she could get to whatever it was that caused her to speed like that?
It is hard to explain.
It sounds impossible to explain.
The poor man and his family suffered , for what??
Funnygal

Mesa, AZ

#19 Jul 2, 2009
I think all you idots that are bashing women should take a good look at yourselfs in a mirror. 3/4 of you are proabley alcoholics, women abusers and just plain stupid asses who think your somebody. Go to work for a change and get off the wellfare role. Women can do anything a man can do and sometimes better. Thats whats really pussing you off. Sounds like a bunch of women beaters and bashers out there to me.
olams

Angola, IN

#20 Jul 2, 2009
Funnygal wrote:
I think all you idots that are bashing women should take a good look at yourselfs in a mirror. 3/4 of you are proabley alcoholics, women abusers and just plain stupid asses who think your somebody. Go to work for a change and get off the wellfare role. Women can do anything a man can do and sometimes better. Thats whats really pussing you off. Sounds like a bunch of women beaters and bashers out there to me.
Apparently women are also very capable of driving like idiots and killing innocent people.

Something for women to be proud of.
kbit

Angola, IN

#21 Jul 4, 2009
Funnygal wrote:
Lets see..........
according to you I must be a woman beater, an alcoholic or on the welfare roles to point out that a woman driving recklessly killed an innocent man?
What are you thinking?
Women can be just as stupid as men.
Sorry.
I'am not a woman beater, nor an alcoholic, nor do I receive welfare.
funnygal

Phoenix, AZ

#22 Jul 5, 2009
Your right women can and are just as stupid as men. However you were not at the scene of the accident and neither was I. And to set the record straight I have had more stupid ass men cut me off then I have had stupid ass women cut me off. And to top it off they wanted to be first in line just so the Damn fool could turn right in front of several people at the next cornor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sugar Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 7 arrested in Aurora sting, 2 for seeking sex w... Apr 16 John porter 1
News Now that you have a new puppy it is time to tra... Apr 15 Lorelei 24
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Aurora Apr 4 des 15
Don't let the police steal your money Apr 2 Russell Cuyler ak... 2
News 10 stories you might have missed Mar 28 adtaucher 1
News Geneva residents speak out against demolition o... Mar 27 Sad 1
Review: New York Auto Sales (Nov '08) Mar 26 Leslie Warner 45
More from around the web

Sugar Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE