First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tripnic

Montgomery, IL

#1 May 14, 2011
Wow second surprise this week! First Jacks $3 Carwash on Orchard, now Popeyes Chicken both closed.
Johnny Appleseed

Palatine, IL

#2 May 14, 2011
tripnic wrote:
Wow second surprise this week! First Jacks $3 Carwash on Orchard, now Popeyes Chicken both closed.
Is it just the area where Popeyes was located that caused them to close. Their location back in a parking area like popeyes was made it a little difficult for customers to get to. There is another business which has closed on Douglas road which orginally was a "Southern Bell" restaurant which also closed and recently reopened and named "Chives," I was just there on Tuesday and there is a sign in the door saying that the locks had been changed and the security alarm set.The business must have been shut down in a hurry for some reason as the coffee cups are still on the tables all set up for customers. Is this closing of businesses in this area a sign of bad economic conditions or was it just bad management that closed these businesses down.
tripnic

Montgomery, IL

#3 May 14, 2011
Johnny Appleseed wrote:
<quoted text>Is it just the area where Popeyes was located that caused them to close. Their location back in a parking area like popeyes was made it a little difficult for customers to get to. There is another business which has closed on Douglas road which orginally was a "Southern Bell" restaurant which also closed and recently reopened and named "Chives," I was just there on Tuesday and there is a sign in the door saying that the locks had been changed and the security alarm set.The business must have been shut down in a hurry for some reason as the coffee cups are still on the tables all set up for customers. Is this closing of businesses in this area a sign of bad economic conditions or was it just bad management that closed these businesses down.
Hmmm Oberweis Ice Cream Shop seems to be doing great next door?
Johnny Appleseed

Peoria, IL

#4 May 15, 2011
tripnic wrote:
<quoted text> Hmmm Oberweis Ice Cream Shop seems to be doing great next door?
KFC is doing find too.. so is Jewel Foods....So are other stores on Douglas Road....But Benedicts's Restaurant Inc.- Route 30 Bypass Oswego IL,out of business... Remax real Estate office on the byass..... closed Maybe its a sign of Obama style properity hitting busineses and home owners. Why do you think some businesses are still open in this area and others are closing everyday.
tripnic

Montgomery, IL

#5 May 15, 2011
Johnny Appleseed wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe its a sign of Obama style properity hitting busineses and home owners.
Seems like a Stretch in judgement. Probably had a ARM loan which would not be a great way to start a business and really Obama put Real Estate out of Business. It wasn't all these lenders who lent money to people who shouldn't have had a loan in first place. By the way Popeyes was open way before Obama was in office. Of course he was a Senator then......Hmmmm?
llcoolj

Sugar Grove, IL

#6 May 15, 2011
Popeyes and Obama.....
sounds like it should have worked.
MR_B

Aurora, IL

#7 May 15, 2011
Green sign on the door says business license has been revoked.
just another oswegoan

La Grange, IL

#8 May 16, 2011
popeyes sucks...thats why they closed
Johnny Appleseed

Peoria, IL

#9 May 16, 2011
just another oswegoan wrote:
popeyes sucks...thats why they closed
Sometimes the answer to questions are obvious and simple.
Oswego Girl

La Grange, IL

#10 May 18, 2011
tripnic wrote:
<quoted text> Hmmm Oberweis Ice Cream Shop seems to be doing great next door?
umm duh because oberweis has been there forever! popeyes isnt that great anyways... its pretty sad that the people of oswego are sad when popeyes closes... get over it, its just another fast food place that makes everyone fat!
Oswegres

Chicago, IL

#11 May 29, 2011
It's obvious that the village closed the restaurant down, not because of its popularity. Was it the health department? And what about Chive as well?
Johnny Appleseed

Peoria, IL

#12 May 29, 2011
Oswego Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
umm duh because oberweis has been there forever! popeyes isnt that great anyways... its pretty sad that the people of oswego are sad when popeyes closes... get over it, its just another fast food place that makes everyone fat!
oberweis is still in business because they sell good poducts that people like. While Oswego citizens like good chicken popeye's chicken wasn't very good and sometimes was so highly seasoned it couldn't be eaten, as a results they no longer have a business in the Oswego area and the people who were employed there no longer have jobs.
hmmmm

United States

#13 May 30, 2011
sock puppet from Lombard....why?!
Oswego Girl

La Grange, IL

#14 Jun 3, 2011
guess what im sorry that the 16 and 17 year olds dont have jobs but get over it thats the way the world is now... no one has jobs and if you do have a job your still struggling sorry to say but get over it!
lol

Yorkville, IL

#15 Jun 19, 2011
It closed because it sells food that makes people fat, yet Oberweis is good for you? Wow...... those comments show you that these boards are full of people who have no idea what they are talking about. Oberweis is fattening as hell. It may be quality food but that doesn't mean its and better for you. The sign says the business license has been revoked. Not because of bad food, or location or lack of business. That place actually had a very good flow of people. As for the employees getting over losing their jobs, yeah maybe they should get over it by going to get another job.......... oh wait Illinois has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country. Guess that won't work either.
Oswego Girl

La Grange, IL

#16 Jun 20, 2011
i never said that oberweis wasnt fattening i dont go there either!!
kevin

Sugar Grove, IL

#17 Jun 20, 2011
Oswego Girl wrote:
i never said that oberweis wasnt fattening i dont go there either!!
Sure.
Oswego Girl

La Grange, IL

#18 Jun 20, 2011
i dont... i lived next door to them in aurora for about 5 years i got enough mistakes thru out the years!
reality seaker

Tonawanda, NY

#19 Aug 2, 2011
what world are you living in and what color is the sky???? do you not see where Obama and all of his great ideas have gotten this country???? you are obviosly a far left democrat!! head in the sand much!!
tripnic wrote:
<quoted text> Seems like a Stretch in judgement. Probably had a ARM loan which would not be a great way to start a business and really Obama put Real Estate out of Business. It wasn't all these lenders who lent money to people who shouldn't have had a loan in first place. By the way Popeyes was open way before Obama was in office. Of course he was a Senator then......Hmmmm?
reality seaker

Tonawanda, NY

#20 Aug 2, 2011
tripnic wrote:
<quoted text> Seems like a Stretch in judgement. Probably had a ARM loan which would not be a great way to start a business and really Obama put Real Estate out of Business. It wasn't all these lenders who lent money to people who shouldn't have had a loan in first place. By the way Popeyes was open way before Obama was in office. Of course he was a Senator then......Hmmmm?
what world are you living in and what color is the sky??? do you not see what Obama and all of his great ideas have done to this country? Get your head out of the sand and stop blaming the right wing for the problems of this coutry and start to take responsibility.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sugar Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 min Scott 49,839
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 6 hr LieutenantGov 4,030
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 8 hr Blwlgo 1,926
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 21 hr Be go e 152
One dead after standoff at Elk Grove Village ap... (Apr '12) Wed Eric Kampmeier 9
Review: Dekamore Dental - Kory Waid DDS (Sep '11) Sep 15 Karebear 8
Man convicted of stalking Kingston woman Sep 11 officer Bob 1
•••
Sugar Grove Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Sugar Grove Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Sugar Grove People Search