Editorial The Kaneland communities ne...

Editorial The Kaneland communities need to work together, not compete

There are 1 comment on the Elburn Herald story from Nov 17, 2011, titled Editorial The Kaneland communities need to work together, not compete. In it, Elburn Herald reports that:

From a square-mileage perspective, the Kaneland School District is among the largest in the state of Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Elburn Herald.

District Resident

Highland Park, IL

#1 Nov 18, 2011
It's great to post this opinion about the IGA expiring but the bigger fundamental issue is total tax dollars collected for the school district. How many new developments do you see being opened right now in the district, better yet, how many new homes do you see being built? Not a lot.

So when the street I live on has 4 homes in foreclosure and there are 20 homes, do the math, that's district tax dollars not coming in. And when the value of your home goes down for the past few years again, that is less tax revenue for the school district. Figure out a way to make changes there for our district, the state and the country and you could run for the President of the USA rather then writing opinions for a small town paper.

Taxes are based on three year averages for our real estate values and we're going to be in a rut for the next unforseen number of years where this value decreases or maybe just maybe stays stagnant. Districts are now faced with less dollars coming in.

I for one could contest my home's assessed value but then if I "win", my kid loses at her school. Kind of a catch 22.

So, let's all work together as communities to stimulate growth in our communities and that probably starts with turning around the vacant houses and not luring developers in to create new housing starts. Pull the numbers from 2006 on, look at Kane and some of the other collar counties - there is no revenue to be had there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sugar Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aurora man charged with kidnapping, murder of 1... 7 hr former democrat 1
My sister was raped by a dekalb cop Mar 8 David Unit 3
Stephen da business glory on Facebook is a sex ... Feb 26 A concerned mom 1
Prairie Point Elementary Feb 25 unknown source 1
News Malls debate teen policies after fights Feb 21 John Caliendo 5
i.c.e. Feb 21 Dale 3
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Aurora (Feb '15) Feb '17 Ashley B 56

Sugar Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance