Suffolk mother charged with abuse of ...

Suffolk mother charged with abuse of baby

There are 44 comments on the WTKR story from Oct 28, 2010, titled Suffolk mother charged with abuse of baby. In it, WTKR reports that:

SUFFOLK, Va. A- A 21-year-old mother of four has been charged with aggravated assault and felony child abuse in the abuse of her six-week old baby.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKR.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
milwife

Portsmouth, VA

#44 Oct 30, 2010
myself wrote:
<quoted text> yes my husband is in the service, and no we do not have family helping in ANY way.. not financially, physically, or emotionally. our closest family is 12 hrs away in new york. me going to school full time is all done with the help of me and my husband. his college degree was paid by a g.i. bill and me staying home with the kids. we have worked hard for what we have, without anyone elses help..
Well then we have A LOT in common because we're both from Upstate (Finger Lake's Region) New York as well 12 hrs away... We have never depended upon our family's financial support, both from the same hometown, we have 3 children, etc... Hats Off to you as I mentioned before. You're more fortunate than I ... I hope you are getting financial aid for being a Military wife following your husband in serving his country. We had to pay for my education w/student loans. I'm very happy to see some of our footwork has helped our young military spouses. We have worked hard for what we have as well. You can understand maybe the feeling of being married w/children, but also feeling like a single parent. Our children are 23 mos. from #1-#2 & 16 mos. from #2-#3. To close for my comfort, but that's how we were blessed. Our two older children are better friends and our #1 & #3 are better together. That's how God blessed us.

Keeping our children safe is very important to us. MOPS really gave me a step up in staying home with our children for 4 years. www.MOPS.org awesome group within our churches. This website also has teen moms; military moms; all moms groups and chats. SO MUCH information available to be a great parent. Redirection is so important.

I can understand getting upset with our children. BUT walk away, cool down, and then come back into reality. This young woman has family here from "her brother" stepping into these postings. Even a neighbor... EVERYONE... you are not the only parent on earth. WE all know moments happen, but be mature enough to get yourself together. Neighbors, family, community members if you see there is a parent in a struggle step up for a moment and open that person up w/conversation. Offer to have playdates. It seems to me this young women was enclosed in her home and felt alone. I've had that, but never to do anything but walk around the house with the kids inside safe.

I pray these children aren't separated. I keep thinking a boyfriend/not the father may have done something... because recently in this area and others "boyfriends" entrusted w/children have been the killers of our children. WHO DO YOU REALLY TRUST WITH YOUR CHILDREN? Make better choices. This is just my theory. God knows and he will get the truth out sometimes through the mouth of babes. God Bless
you silly

Portsmouth, VA

#45 Oct 31, 2010
tori wrote:
she is a sorry you know what how can someone lay there hands on a child some one like that needs to burn in hell
you burn in h-e-l-l- with her for leaving a comment like that.
give me a break

Norfolk, VA

#46 Nov 1, 2010
whatever wrote:
<quoted text> She is a child having children. So sad for all of them.
At 21 she's known for a long time the difference between right and wrong. She is not a child she is an adult. Even my 6 year old grandson knows to treat babies with tenderness. Save the sympathy you have for her and try becoming angry at what she did to her baby. Children are NOT punching bags and those who hurt them do NOT deserve sympathy.
teagan

Marshall, MI

#47 Nov 1, 2010
omg how could that wonmen do that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Suffolk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scott Simons (May '17) Feb 12 Ptown pimpah 2
News Antique tags (May '07) Dec '17 rex3846 32
Zuni Music Thread (Jun '14) Nov '17 Musikologist 7
relief for houston donations trailer departure ... Oct '17 pluto pray 1
James Aaron Burgess (Dec '14) Jul '17 nikkiplus3 6
dwayne langston (Feb '06) Dec '16 Angie 3
Joseph Harris (Nov '16) Nov '16 concerned 1

Suffolk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance