Who Killed Megan Landowski?

Who Killed Megan Landowski?

There are 452 comments on the WTKR-TV Norfolk story from May 12, 2008, titled Who Killed Megan Landowski?. In it, WTKR-TV Norfolk reports that:

A murder mystery has puzzled Portsmouth police for more than a month and despite the release of some new details, investigators say they are no closer to finding the killer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKR-TV Norfolk.

First Prev
of 23
Next Last
Hugger Not A Fighter

Lubbock, TX

#452 Feb 25, 2010
I'm the glad the family finally gets peace. I know that Megan's family will never be whole or complete again, but to know that the killer is locked has to be some sort of piece of mind.
Arselis

Chicago, IL

#453 Oct 27, 2010
I do not mean to spark a heated debate about whether or not anyone should feel sorry for Mr. Barnes. However, I do want to bring to everyone’s attention that no matter how long we lock Barnes up, it doesn’t matter. Our children still are at risk of not only being a victim as Meghan was but also being caught in the vicious cycle of violence. Boys are growing up with little guidance and are expected to function properly. I am by no means trying to make excuses for Barnes, all I am saying is that there are so many young men and women out there dying inside unable to express themselves, going through serious emotional and mental problems and their parents are either too busy to notice, on drugs, working too many hours ... or whatever it is. This is tragic and although I will not discuss the racial dynamics underlying this tragic episode I will say that it certainly hits home for all of us who either has a sister a daughter, or a friend that could have easily been Meghan. At the same time it touches everyone who has a young brother as well. What makes this so tragic is that at the end no one wins. I think its sad and pathetic that people will try to make themselves look good or "more" human than another person based on this tragedy. For those who need someone like Robert Lee Barnes to commit such a heinous crime to validate themselves please find peace within yourself and try to think on a more profound and meaningful level. Yes we can sit here all day and bash this kid, call him an animal and all the things that’s been said but how are we making a difference for all the other Roberts out there and all the other Meghans out there? As a community it is important to put our emotions aside and seek for answers that may help us become part of something bigger than ourselves and possibly encourage change in the private sphere, and pray that that change will influence the decisions that certain people make. I believe that people, yes even people like Barnes can be rehabilitated. I am sadden more because he like Meghan was also a child. evil or not he is a child. Let’s not let our emotions and anger make us unsympathetic people who cannot think
BlahBlahBlah

Atlanta, GA

#454 Nov 2, 2010
moiinnuutter wrote:
i kno who killed her
But you don't know how to spell so who is going to listen to you?
Batman

Virginia Beach, VA

#455 Nov 2, 2010
BlahBlahBlah wrote:
<quoted text>
But you don't know how to spell so who is going to listen to you?
We ALL know who killed her...Robert Barnes, he admitted it.
Batman

Virginia Beach, VA

#456 Nov 2, 2010
Arselis, you said:

Yes we can sit here all day and bash this kid, call him an animal and all the things that’s been said but how are we making a difference for all the other Roberts out there and all the other Meghans out there? As a community it is important to put our emotions aside and seek for answers that may help us become part of something bigger than ourselves and possibly encourage change in the private sphere, and pray that that change will influence the decisions that certain people make. I believe that people, yes even people like Barnes can be rehabilitated.

Robert Barnes is a psychopath. You are acting as if he were a poor kid that could have been changed if he had some other influence, someone to talk to, or some way of expressing himself.

Saying that "even people like Barnes can be rehabilitated" tells me that you really do not UNDERSTAND what a psychopath is - you need to look it up.

I am sorry to inform you, there ARE evil people in the world. Just because you have been lucky enough not to have any of them touch you adversely, does not mean they don't exist.

Robert Barnes is an evil person, not a lonely, poorly raised child. He is a psychopath.

Really, look it up.
sooo um

Portsmouth, VA

#457 Dec 27, 2010
does any1 knows his motive ??
Batman

Norfolk, VA

#458 Dec 27, 2010
sooo um

Didn't you read my post before you posted this question

"does any1 know(s)his motive??"

He is a PSYCHOPATH...please look it up.

Psychopaths do not NEED or necessarily HAVE motives.

Or if you want, watch DEXTER...he is a psychopath.
Anon

United States

#459 Mar 9, 2011
Uniqua wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know why your heart goes out to her family i mean i understand that she died. but does anybody know that the boy they arrested was wrongfully accused. I happen to know the suspect very well, better then the girl and his parents ever did and i kno for a fact this body didnt do this.
You are an idiot. I wonder how you feel about your prior statements now that this case is long over and he confessed to the crime.
Anon

United States

#460 Mar 9, 2011
Emily wrote:
I hope you feel stupid when Robert gets proven innocent, We have a great attorney defending him and the common wealth attorney works with my mother. Also if there is any justice in this world I hope the REAL guy who killed her is found and Robert can live his life normally.
Geez you people really don't know the whole story so just Shut the fuck up!
Who is the idiot now, Emily? Now that Robert confessed that he did, indeed, murder that poor girl. I hope she haunts you in your nightmares since you so steadfastly defended a despicable piece of trash.
Batman

Norfolk, VA

#461 Mar 9, 2011
Emily is indeed an idiot

and I imagine she is feeling very stupid

but even if she reads this, she would not post

nor apologize for being soooooooooo wrong.

The REAL guy who killed her confessed, admitted he did it and is now serving most of his life in jail...

while the family will serve ALL of the rest of their lives without Meghan...

Emily ... you should apoplogize to everyone on this forum.
truth is

Baltimore, MD

#462 May 18, 2013
What do you think wrote:
A girl is having a relationship with a boy. She gets pregnant. She tells her parents,'That Navy guy raped me!' Her parents press charges against the Navy guy and move her to another school. She stays out of school for a while and gets an abortion. The Navy guy is now going to trial. Her boyfriend is afraid that at the trial, the truth will come out. He panics and kills her.
WRONG...Truth is the step father was molesting her early...had fantasies as she became older, learned of hef extra curricular excapades, then realizes she is sneaking the black kid in late at night so he sends his Navy buddy to tap it, but she didnt like the old guy...so they feel angry, and the step dad plays along pressing charges...knowing the military town would cover it up first. So they SET UP the black guy with a story no one would ever believe...IT WAS ALL TRUE!! The rage was real...but from the actual killer. He took a plea deal thinking it was his only option against the Death Penalty...THEN when he realized he would not get it...HE RECANTED. HE IS INNOCENT AND I PRAY GOD SAVE HIM!!!
Anthony Drummens

Chicago, IL

#463 Wednesday Dec 21
Robert in court admitted that he did in deed rape and killed Megan. Listen to him in court!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Suffolk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Antique tags (May '07) 15 hr Stop crying 29
15 year old looking for work Dec 29 Vernon Bloomfield 1
News Man shot inside kitchen of Newport News home Dec 25 nn person 1
dwayne langston (Feb '06) Dec 21 Angie 3
Alexander Park (Aug '10) Nov '16 ptylersmith 18
Joseph Harris Nov '16 concerned 1
? Moving to Hampton, VA? (Aug '06) Sep '16 Noneyas 270

Suffolk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance