NY girl, 13, dies in snow-tubing cras...

NY girl, 13, dies in snow-tubing crash into tree

There are 3 comments on the The Associated Press story from Jan 19, 2009, titled NY girl, 13, dies in snow-tubing crash into tree . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

A 13-year-old girl has died after a snow-tubing accident on a golf course north of New York City.

Police in Rockland County say the teenager died Monday after sliding down a hill in Haverstraw and hitting her head on a tree. Paramedics treated her at the scene and took her to a hospital in Suffern, but doctors couldn't save her.

Police haven't released the name of the girl, a West Haverstraw resident.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

mary

Long Valley, NJ

#1 Jan 20, 2009
My heart goes out to the family of this young girl, I know all parents tell there child to be careful when they leave home thinking this will never happen to them, and I hope all young people can learn from this young girls tragedy.
lonleygirl

Port Chester, NY

#2 Jan 20, 2009
This girl who died, was a friend of mine. I miss her. I was with my friends when i heard what happened. I miss her. She was kind, funny, and athletic. I started crying.
olivia

Bronx, NY

#3 Dec 4, 2009
aleyris is her name. she was and still is my bestfriend. i went to farley middle school with her and during the accident we attended fieldstone secondary school as 8th graders. i miss her so much. i had to speak at her funeral .. in saint peters church. she was an amazing person. funny, sweet, outgoing, loud, nice, and she had a heart bigger than her shining smile. her one year is coming up and i feel like it was just as hard as the first time.. <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Suffern Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
make it to mothers (Jul '10) Jun 18 Mike 139
ANP Transcriptions in Suffern -- non-payment pr... (Oct '09) May '16 Anpdud 58
News Gregg Brie released without bail on charges of ... (Jul '08) May '16 released 103
the red rail (Nov '08) May '16 dingaling 33
News Megalith plans 150-unit Dumbo rental - " with p... (Feb '14) Apr '16 aadrivers 10
Anyone know a good pain management doctor in ro... (Apr '11) Apr '16 Hurtperson 15
News Dow dips below 10,000, then bounces back (May '10) Apr '16 UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 3

Suffern Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Suffern Mortgages